• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

Hamilton didn't forget the season Rosberg was favored by the team to win the championchip esp. Monaco 2016.

probably not, but i've never seen him as petty and insecure. he seems to relish a heads-up fair fight..
Can't blame him for smelling redhats and rbs on closing in this season. It's always easier yo dominate with advance tools, not so much with playfield levelled.

Looks like you Americans are going to be seeing a lot more of Alonso next year? With McLaren sniffing after Ricciardo, it can mean only one thing. Can't imagine Ricciardo going to that team though, not even for all the money they can offer!

Gasly looking strong in FP1+2. He knows the track while some other don't.

Yup, he is looking like a future WC.

As for Daniel.....I think, he is going to Ferrari, Vetel may no like it, but that the way it going to be....we'll see.

Bram

Yup, he is looking like a future WC.

As for Daniel.....I think, he is going to Ferrari, Vetel may no like it, but that the way it going to be....we'll see.

Bram

Ferrari has wanted Daniel for a few seasons. but Vettel does not, and so far has prevailed in keeping Raikkonen in that second seat.

Daniel deserves that ride, but it's highly unlikely he'll get it...

Ferrari has wanted Daniel for a few seasons. but Vettel does not, and so far has prevailed in keeping Raikkonen in that second seat.

Daniel deserves that ride, but it's highly unlikely he'll get it...
How is that? Is he the winningest driver on his team? Is he head and shoulders better than his teammate?
Or are you saying he deserves to the Number 2 driver at ferrari? Not since the old man was around have there been equal drivers.

Very, very boring race in France. :( If they have the capability to set the track under water why don't they use it artifically (they also use spots in Bahrain)? Very dull, not worth to watch anymore...

Hum doesn't anyone has mentioned the season Ctoharles LeClerc is producing. Sauber car has to be a bit better than the old Manor, but with results. He seems to be driving to make his old friend Jules proud.

Sorry. I was trying to understand why you feel that Ricardo should get a seat at Ferrari? Might have been watching reruns of Law & Order, and channeled my inner Jack MacCoy.

i'd say everyone feels Ricciardo deserves a seat in either the Ferrari or the Benz. and it's well known those teams are impressed with him...

i'd say everyone feels Ricciardo deserves a seat in either the Ferrari or the Benz. and it's well known those teams are impressed with him...

If the old man were alive and running the team he probably would be ok with DR.

A few weeks ago there were some posts about Good Guys and Bad Guys. DR is a good guy. I don’t know how well he works when paired with a Bad Guy.

He is far too suave as to appear petty. But I don’t view him as a good guy who relishes a good, clean fight (teammate or competitor).

I've been in the background at a family gathering, and he is genuinely a "nice" guy, incredibly so considering his position in the sport. Any driver would want an unfair advantage over his teammate I reckon, but if anyone would be the opposite I think it would be Daniel.

Would every driver on the grid be as open and fair as he is.

Very, very boring race in France. :( If they have the capability to set the track under water why don't they use it artifically (they also use spots in Bahrain)? Very dull, not worth to watch anymore...

With all due respect, I think you are following the wrong sport. Sure, Hamilton and Verstappen were untroubled in their positions, but everywhere else on the grid there was dicing and passing aplenty [helped in no small manner by Vettel's little first corner faux par]. A lot of the action never makes it to the screen unfortunately, but if you keep an eye on the position ladder on the left of the screen, and watch the gaps between the drivers wax and wane, it makes for a very interesting race.

I've been in the background at a family gathering, and he is genuinely a "nice" guy, incredibly so considering his position in the sport. Any driver would want an unfair advantage over his teammate I reckon, but if anyone would be the opposite I think it would be Daniel.

Would every driver on the grid be as open and fair as he is.

I’m talking about Hamilton. Are you referring to him or Ricardo? I do think Ricardo is a nice guy. I don’t think Hamilton is a bad person, but he comes across to me as self absorbed.

I’m talking about Hamilton. Are you referring to him or Ricardo? I do think Ricardo is a nice guy. I don’t think Hamilton is a bad person, but he comes across to me as self absorbed.

:redface: My bad, yes I thought you were referring to Riciardo! As for Hamilton, I agree, he doesn't strike me as being in anyway "bad", just your average, self absorbed multiple World Champion. And I can't see either Hamilton nor Vettel wanting Ricciardo as a teammate, and I wouldn't blame them.

Back