• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

WILD Hungary qualifying!
Go Lewis!

H-

Last edited:
I hope that Gasly and Hartley are able to keep their excellent starting position during the race as overtaking is difficult.

I agree....'the King in the wet' for sure, plus he is well ahead with WC points....

Merc, need to have some additional updates on the car for the comming races.

Bram

What the hell do we do for the next four weeks?????
H-

Lewis is the wet King. Only Senna may have been better.

Did you miss the Brazilian master class from Max Verstappen? I was a Senna fan before I drove an NSX in 1990 at Honda UK premises ... Lewis is good, Senna definitely better, Max is very close and Button was a safe bet in changeable conditions ... I remain a Senna fan like many here and will always have the highest respect for his beliefs and ability ...

As for what to do over the next 4 weeks ... well for me I’ll be out putting smiles on my face putting my NSX through its paces ... enjoy the summer drives everyone ...

Willams needs some serious help. So sad to see them in their current state. Lewis is just great, dry or wet. Seb seems lost at the moment. He should be dominating. MotoGP starts again this weekend.

Shocker!

Riccardo leaving RB at the end of the year....

I wanted Leclerc to go to Ferrari next year but surely Riccardo would only leave RB for a seat in the red car?? These opportunities don't come around often and he is getting on a bit...
I also read that he may go to Renault, but surely not...

How will things pan out?

Riccardo to Ferrari?
Leclerc to RB?
Alonso to RB?

Stranger things have happened, I'm surprised Mclaren decided to work with him again but they did... I'm sure you are right this time though.
Everything is possible in F1. :wink: Alonso got paid by Honda, Lewis was off to Merc by then, so why not if Honda pays the bill? Alonso is a victim of himself and will leave F1 2019 as he won't find a top team willing to work with him.

Ricciardo is going Renault?! If it was his free choice then it was a wrong decision. RB would have been the better option. RB looses a good driver. Still have Mad Mad if he decides to calm down.

Sainz back to RB?
Gasly to RB (maybe a little bit early).

2nd F-driver will be interesting. Looks like they've shut the door to Ricciardo.

hmmm DR staying with renault engines huh.. maybe they have told him something that they didn't tell red bull, since they have already ditched them for honda........

I don't think that DR, is making the best move.....Having said that, I said that about Hamilton move to Merc as well.

DR is a great driver and will do well in any of the Top teams, let see if Renault can give him the platform to achieve his goal.

Bram

vb...not liking his team wing-man role...

And it is Mr Stroll being part owner! I imagine that would mean Lance will leave Williams and drive side by side with Perez.
I wonder who will get the number one title? The owners son or the one bringing more of the money to the team?

I honestly think Perez will be out and Latiffi will get a seat. Would be nice to see two Canadians on the same team. Hoping that FI can come out stronger for next year.

Back