• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2018 F1 Thread

my wife thinks he's cute.....:redface:

I hate to be the contrarian here but Alonso was pretty stoic during the Macca Honda years. I dont remember him being overly critical. He was always patiently hoping for a better powertran from Honda. He’s had his movements of a spoiled primadonna in his career but he surely was not as Crybaby as say Vettel or Perez or Fat John ! I guess we all agree he was and still is to a certain extent a very skilled driver, no?

.and he's cute..............

I hate to be the contrarian here but Alonso was pretty stoic during the Macca Honda years. I dont remember him being overly critical. He was always patiently hoping for a better powertran from Honda. He’s had his movements of a spoiled primadonna in his career but he surely was not as Crybaby as say Vettel or Perez or Fat John ! I guess we all agree he was and still is to a certain extent a very skilled driver, no?
Nobody's arguing about him being outstanding driver.

That is basically what what I was saying.
My “argument” was with the statements that implied he was a notorious Crybaby.

Last edited:
Alonso for many years was the best driver in the circuit. He coulda, shoulda, woulda won 2 championships with Ferrari. He did wear out his welcome there and put all his energy into Mc Honda but that horse was dead.

I will never forget him being hounded by Schumacher lap after lap and he was flawless.

Ps who is fat John?

I agree, Alonso had some Epic drives in his years in F1. The couple that stands out the most are the following:

1) The pass he made on Michael in Suzuka (don't remember what year), on the dirty side of track "Spoon corner"....no grip flat out.....that took some Balls

@ Miner (2) In Spain, again, I don't recall what year, in this race he kept Micheal behind him for the last stint of the race in an inferior Renault, Micheal had the faster car, but was unable to pass Alonso, all the time "six 6 ins" off his gearbox.

Other than those races, I still call him a Cry Baby......Vettel is second.

Last edited:
Alonso for many years was the best driver in the circuit. He coulda, shoulda, woulda won 2 championships with Ferrari. He did wear out his welcome there and put all his energy into Mc Honda but that horse was dead.

I will never forget him being hounded by Schumacher lap after lap and he was flawless.

Ps who is fat John?

Agreed 100%.

Francais>Anglais
Gros= Fat
Jean= John
:)

bboxer,
That makes total sense, now that I think about it.

The only john that popped in my head was Alesi. He wasn't fat, but kinda stocky; and I don't remember him being a cry baby. Saw him in person in Phoenix GP.

Saw that Sainz will drive for McL next season. Hopefully a step up for him.

Gasly from Toro Rosso -> RB 2019
Interesting combination of two drivers who can't be different enough except their age. Calm, implosive Gasly against maniac, explosive Verstappen. Gasly with Honda experience will be welcome at RB.
A bit unsure who drives for Toro Rosso next year. Hartley has a hard time...

I nearly forgot that we have a race next weekend. I was thinking the season was over...:) Let's see if the 'changing' drivers have enough motivation for the rest of the season.

Yeah, I, myself, could've sworn the restart was at the end of August, but I guess it was more of the last weekend of August, lol.

Excited/interested to see the "energy" of the field after the busy break.

Back