• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2019 F1 Thread

Merc bought the Brawn team and in the pre-turbo era were not the dominant team. It is in the current hybrid power unit era they have been almost invincible. The last 2 seasons Ferrari were nearly equal, to the midpoint of summer break.

I think this season will be boring again.Hate to see one team so dominant we can predict already Ham is WorldChamp again.
Fast, slow track all fitt to Merc cars , best package of engine and chassis.
At least Max came third.Go RBHonda.

Last edited:
Mbamgf1

I'm aware how MB got started. Once F1 decided to go hybrid, MB started to build their engines around 2011. I believe the WEC had been running hybrids for sometime before F1 got into the act. That said, its now all about the chassis, aero, and how well the car can work with the tires. Haas did a good job getting the tires to work.

I used to look forward to watching the F1 races live. Now I get bored even by watching only the 10 “pivotal” minutes of any race on dvr. It’s sad to say that the Netflix series, Formula 1 Drive to Survive, is more enjoyable than the actual races and we already know the outcome from that season.

If you exclude the first row on the grid and concentrate on row 2-4 the race was ok (still a little bit boring).

One thing: why don't they allow DRS right after a safety car period? These are race car drivers, not student drivers. :) Three laps later they all happen to be too much behind each other.

Embarassing (funny) pit stop of Toro Rosso...

I'm aware how MB got started. Once F1 decided to go hybrid, MB started to build their engines around 2011. I believe the WEC had been running hybrids for sometime before F1 got into the act. That said, its now all about the chassis, aero, and how well the car can work with the tires. Haas did a good job getting the tires to work.

Yep. They certainly are a well oiled machine.

The race in Spain, was boring.....I'm looking forward to Monaco, but more importantly Montreal......Let see if the Far car have any real power in that PU.

We now know that, Merc was not letting things out during the Winter testing. Ferrari got all the winter testing headlines.....Now Merc is taking all the point.

RB, with the Honda Power Unit, is quite close to the F cars.

Bram

Last edited:
bye bye spain, hello Holland and Max...catalunya was designed for motorcycles anyway...

Pretty excited about Netherlands. Another place I will be able to plan on joining the action at.

indeed I will miss his presence next to toto

Verstappen on par with both Merc in FP1. Not sure when he did his lap as the track gets the faster the more they drive. 2018, he threw it away in FP3. Ferrari 0.4-0.7 behind. Merc is said to be fast in slow corners.

Well, it seem like a Merc 1-2 again, Vettel is 3/4 of a second behind the two Merc.

The two Toro Roso are up there as well...they have a good package.

Bram

Back