• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2021 F1 thread....

Pretty boring sprint race. After having watched it, I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch the race tomorrow live or just the summary on Yt afterwards. If they really want to make Silverstone more spectacular they should wet the track and bring the grid girls back.

Pretty boring sprint race. After having watched it, I'm not even sure if I'm going to watch the race tomorrow live or just the summary on Yt afterwards. If they really want to make Silverstone more spectacular they should wet the track and bring the grid girls back.

Now you're talkin'! :encouragement:

I'm happy for Max win today.Finally Mercedes is not fastest car after 7 years of hybrid era.Adrian is really genius , good effort from Honda engineers.

If you're far behind there are other tricks to win the CS. A slightly bent front wing for MERC and a million dollar bill for RB. Very dirty...Lewis was much too fast for that corner and acted as a bowling ball in that corner.

If you're far behind there are other tricks to win the CS. A slightly bent front wing for MERC and a million dollar bill for RB. Very dirty...Lewis was much too fast for that corner and acted as a bowling ball in that corner.

Total BS, Lewis was ahead.....Max turned in....regardless...Lewis got a 10 seconds penalty.

Bram

Then I have to tell you what Mr. Marko said to the MERC crew: "they are blind". It was Max' corner. Lewis' front wheel/wing to touched the rear wheel of Max' car. Could you please explain me how this is possible if Lewis was ahead?

Look at the video footage...regardless first lap always have these type of incidents (racing incidents). Lewis got a 10 seconds and he WON, so a debate is pointless.

Bram

It was Max's corner and he gave Lewis room to back out, even at speed. Martin Brundle stated the fact during replays, plus Martin said Lewis wasn't ahead when it happened. Max was very shook up when he got out of the car. People often state how Michael and Ayrton would do the same and they were called dirty drivers. Finally Lewis only said understood when told of his 10 second penalty. Sad day for F1 today.

Last edited:
This incident reminde me of 1990 Japan GP when Senna deliberately pushed Prost out.Oh course Senna had his reason and anounced before race that he will do that.
To day was not a joke Max could pass whit bigger injuries(300km/h crash and 51G impact you don't do that on speed corners like this),Lewis did dirty racing today he had space to turn more inside corner(like when he pass Leclerc) but he didn't.Obviusly he was behind Max as he touch his rear tire.

Max knew Ham was next to him at the start of the corner, as per photo in link below. He had plenty of room to his left and turned in too soon. I thought initially Ham was at fault but the more I see it, I think just a racing incident. I do not think it was dirty / intentional, just racing. It was going to happen at one point this year...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2021/07/18/lewis-hamilton-max-verstappen-crash-happened-blame/

Glad Max is OK though, it was a heavy impact.

Look 3rd picture where is Lewis car and where is corner apex.

Look 3rd picture where is Lewis car and where is corner apex.

Agreed, Max in front obviously at apex, but should have been aware that HAM was very close and should not assume that he would back off - do you think Max would have backed off in the same situation - no way would he!! He had plenty of space to his left as a safety margin to avoid such an incident. No way was it dirty or intentional, that is crazy to suggest.

There is video of both camera cars and Chandok (as journalist of BBS Sports or some other channel IDK) explained that actually Max move steering to give more space to Lewis.

Max knew Ham was next to him at the start of the corner, as per photo in link below. He had plenty of room to his left and turned in too soon. I thought initially Ham was at fault but the more I see it, I think just a racing incident. I do not think it was dirty / intentional, just racing. It was going to happen at one point this year...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/2021/07/18/lewis-hamilton-max-verstappen-crash-happened-blame/

Glad Max is OK though, it was a heavy impact.

A man with GREAT Eyes!!!

Bram

It's pretty normal for folks to witness and have the same experience and walk away with different facts.

I believe Hamilton caused the accident, although it is a fine line between a racing incident and causing it. I don’t believe he did it intentionally, but as we have seen before this season, he has made mistakes driving a less forgiving car than in the past seasons.

I don’t know if the penalty fit the crime, but at some point a racing incident can go both ways.

Does RB send Perez out as an enforcer next race? Probably not, right?

Keep drinking the Lewis Kool-Aid boys. He can't stand getting beat, just like another multi-time champ. Ask Albon if he is surprised by his technique. What goes around comes around.

Surely no F1 driver can stand getting beaten, that's what motivates them??
"What goes around comes around", surely that applies to Max, he has caused similar incidents himself, so yes, you are correct.

I'm sure there will be more incidents like this as it is so close.
I would have preferred a LEC, NOR & RIC podium myself.

I am truly getting irked by the way the "modern' F1 fan reacts to what is essentially good aggressive racing. I watched F1 non-stop since May of 1967 and raced (SCCA/FIA) for 7 years and I have seen and experienced good and nasty racing with borderline thuggery over the years. So many of the greats including our buddy Ayrton would "go for it" and cause controversy but in hindsight, they were all "heroes". I can't even imagine what some of you guys would have said if you had seen Ayrton turn his wheels into opponents quite frequently or better, walk down the pit wall and punch Eddy Irvine in the face, You accuse drivers of "aggressive driving" but racing IS aggressive driving. The only no-no we were always reminded of was: Don't turn your wheel into your opponent's car especially when the track is turning the opposite way. It is not only silly rules that have damaged "modern" racing, but also fans who wave fingers on Monday mornings.

Keep drinking the Lewis Kool-Aid boys. He can't stand getting beat, just like another multi-time champ. Ask Albon if he is surprised by his technique. What goes around comes around.

Mad Max have being cruising for a BIG crash since he started F1 a few years ago, go back an look at some of his driving over the year, and this year is no different. You will see a pattern of aggressive driving, blocking and overtaking that no other drive on the grid do.

He needed a "Man lashing" and he got it....period

Bram

I am truly getting irked by the way the "modern' F1 fan reacts to what is essentially good aggressive racing. I watched F1 non-stop since May of 1967 and raced (SCCA/FIA) for 7 years and I have seen and experienced good and nasty racing with borderline thuggery over the years. So many of the greats including our buddy Ayrton would "go for it" and cause controversy but in hindsight, they were all "heroes". I can't even imagine what some of you guys would have said if you had seen Ayrton turn his wheels into opponents quite frequently or better, walk down the pit wall and punch Eddy Irvine in the face, You accuse drivers of "aggressive driving" but racing IS aggressive driving. The only no-no we were always reminded of was: Don't turn your wheel into your opponent's car especially when the track is turning the opposite way. It is not only silly rules that have damaged "modern" racing, but also fans who wave fingers on Monday mornings.

The sport has evolved. Remember Jackie Stewart grilling Senna for driving rough. Now the drivers walk away from a wreck, but the car has suffered a $1,000,000 worth of damage. Hamilton is the British darling but he is not afraid to mix it up. Verstappen used to make poor choices and get involved in his share of incidents. This year he has been wiser.

My view is that it was a racing incident, made worse by having 2 drivers that were determined not to give way under any circumstances.
Also, Max's car flew across the gravel trap, hardly slowing at all - and hit the tyre barrier just meters after the tecpro ended. You can be certain that the tecpro will be extended at Copse corner for next year. The fact that the car hardly slowed before reaching the wall is unsettling.
Lewis overdid the celebrations IHMO - you could see that he was relieved to have won his home GP yet again, and ended the Red Bull winning streak.
September's Dutch GP @ Zandvoort will be interesting...

You guys that are defending Lewis must know one thing,YOU DO NOT DO THAT IN THAT TYPE OF SPEED CORNER.I will understand it in some slower corners.
Max was lucky but also could broke something and finish this year WC.It was not right.

Well go back and look at some of the dangerous moves Mad Max, have made on others over the years, including Lewis.

Lewis made the dame pass on Charles during the British GP, and see what Charles did.

Bram

Back