• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2022 F1 Thread...

Red Bull and Ferrari appear to be in their own class, and unless the foul up, will be fighting for wins. Merc has missed the target, and with the payroll cap cannot solve the problem overnight as in the past.

On the bright side it is nice to see even the best software modeling team get something wrong. Not surprised that RB got it right, but shocked that Ferrari got it right!

Horner is crediting the win with upgrades that other teams shunned to implement during a sprint race weekend with so little ability to tune.

I don't fault Ferrari for making a mistake. LeClerc, in front of the Fezza home crowd, was pushing in tricky conditions. I'd rather that than not pushing to close the gap for a good result.

I thought that the race was more boring than Australia - the reluctance of the officials to turn DRS on made much of the race a procession and dialled out any jeopardy (interest) in an exciting race - what the reasoning behind the delay was, I'd be interested to know.
Gasly got the Lance Stroll award for worst driver this week - how or why he didn't pass Albon when the DRS was switched on was baffling.
Well done to Lando & Gerorge for hauling in the points with relatively poor cars.
Checo must have been ordered to go slow for a few laps as both he & Leclerc were catching Max at one point. As soon as the gap was established, Checo sped up...
Ocon (or his pit stop crew leader) owes Hamilton as much of an apology as Ricciardo gave to Carlos, if not more so.

Carlos and Max both entered F1 in 2015 for Toro Ross. I don't see Carlos being a #1 driver for any team. Charles better start getting it right, because Max son the move. LH is done.

Carlos and Max both entered F1 in 2015 for Toro Ross. I don't see Carlos being a #1 driver for any team. Charles better start getting it right, because Max son the move. LH is done.

Sainz has been on his back foot this season after looking solid last year. I thought he might become the leader of the team for this season, but so far has been sub optimal!

I suspect the Merc is a real pig and like Vettel his last year with Ferrari, Hamilton doesn't the comfort level (and perhaps the desire) to extract everything from the car. But he may be at a point where age is catching up.

I was hoping Botox could pass russ....Miami will be nuts.....I hope they build the pits in Joes stone crab parking lots....

HaHa anyone catch Martin's grid walk......what a hilarious spectacle of unimpressed self absorbed celebs....The best was thinking that some very tall dude who's face kinda maybe looked like Pat Mahomes was infact mahomes....:rolleyes:

I saw Martin at the 2019 USGP giving a SkySports update. It was getting late as we drove by in out Track Marshall bus. He sure looked old. I do like his commentary during the race. Too bad that other guy has to dominate the airways.

I watch the sky coverage..they have a quality roster of commentators...much more so than the previous espn matchet/Hobbs et al....

HaHa anyone catch Martin's grid walk......what a hilarious spectacle of unimpressed self absorbed celebs....The best was thinking that some very tall dude who's face kinda maybe looked like Pat Mahomes was infact mahomes....:rolleyes:

His walk is comedic. Sky is not the only media at the grid, and there may be a difference between being there to look at the cars and having some old, short dude calling for an interview. I imagine Patrick Mahomes was very confused!

Kinda made me wish F1 wasn't as popular in the US now. Given Liberty's plans for immersing the US with F1 races, it'll be interesting to see how long "celebrities" will remain interested.

who knows what goes on behind the scenes...for all we know some celebs are paid to be on the grid...:rolleyes:

What's the deal with F1?

I'm getting a little pissed off with the way F1 is progressing.
The cars (and drivers) are covered with decals and ads... beginning to look like stock cars!!!
H-

well the marketing folks for the current US based owner knows what sells in America and drive to survive is a key element...youngsters need to be emotionally connected to the drivers..

Good race. Wished they let the Red Bull drivers fight it out for the lead. I'm coming to believe Ferrari hate themselves, their drivers, and their fans. Russell drove exceptionally: easily drive of the day.

I still think for the most part these are boring lead follow exercises. But for the drama of a breakdown there really isn’t much racing up front.

That's why Liberty Media is adding Miami, Las Vegas, lots of celebrities, a reality TV show, etc. to the mix. No one does entertainment like the good old USA. If you want racing watch IMSA or INDYCAR.

Last edited:
Back