• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Pursuit of Personalizing Perfection - Track Addict's build thread

C95D

Oil Pan baffle from CRF installed and ready to go.

Filling my cracked front and rear engine mounts ended up being a fun and relatively easy experience. Here's the final product.

LauP

Christmas came in June for this guy!!! ^_^

A large box arrived from LoveFab yesterday and I could NOT have been happier. In said box were the headers I ordered from Cody and I must say that they were well worth the wait! Headers and test pipes came in this box and my HFCs will be following suit shortly after Cody returns from the Peak.

Vgih

KXW8

Artwork sculpted out of tubing and welding rod. I decided to mock them up and make sure everything lined up

dhps

Wow those headers look like a work of art. Post a sound clip paired with the tiatec exhaust =]

Last edited:
Looking good bud! Cant wait to see and hear this in person maybe at the next meet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hey Prime,

Been a while since I updated. Not a lot has changed for me as far as the NSX is concerned. I have been insanely busy trying to get a few cars ready for NSXPO so most of my personal stuff was put on an indefinite hold.

I will say that I am excited to say that I have been working with Chris from Foundry 3 by testing out his lightweight alternator mount. It's a beautiful piece that sheds almost 8 pounds from the top of the engine. (Pics to follow)

Wow those headers look like a work of art. Post a sound clip paired with the tiatec exhaust =]
They really are gorgeous, too bad I had them ceramic coated to help remove some heat from the engine bay. I will post a sound clip soon.

Looking good bud! Cant wait to see and hear this in person maybe at the next meet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Anytime you want to hang out and talk cars or chill at meets just let me know!

Other news is that I might be a guinea pig for another test product that requires *ahem* an engine out to do correctly. Will update as soon as it is official.

Hey! I am just a few weeks early my yearly thread update lol.

I finally managed to snag a decent clip of my car with the headers and GTLW all together;

I made it to the 2nd annual WestFest and had a blast! I did need to shim my Tilton clutch before heading out however as it had worn down from all he driving I had been doing. The process was painless and now the clutch is as good as new and only cost me a couple quarts of MTF, $200 for the new taller pressure plate, and some time in the garage.

While I have again been very busy getting lots of other Primer's cars ready for this year's NSXPO, I finally have some time to work on my car and get it prepped.

My front end got a lot of work done (giggity)

-I had my steering rack rebuilt by Matt and Charles and I replaced the worn components of my steering (inner tie rods and bushings) the installation of this will surely be reviewed and written about for other Prime members to peruse.

-I purchased some non compliance front lower bearings from CRF for a customer of mine and he decided it wasn't the right time for him...so I decided to install them into my car and gain some additional camber in the front. I am positive this added angle will help me corner even faster.

Some big news with my car;

-I acquired through a trade a 6 speed transmission with an OS Giken 4.40 LSD that is going in as I type this! One of the biggest items on my wish list can now be crossed off...I can't wait to drive my car again. I will post more pics as I go through the process. Here's hoping the LSD brings my laps down that much further.

-I plan to have a front splitter and under tray completed before XPO as well as a rear diffuser...No progress here yet, but I will post as much as time allows (better get on it!)

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
nice pickup on the trans!

Thanks! I think so too. Still going to go through it with Nick at some point soon.

Under trays and rear diffuser? Need pictures....

You’ll get ‘em! You want a text/pm/carrier pigeon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This splitter/undertray has been a high priority since I bought my Voltex rear wing from [MENTION=15846]9doors[/MENTION]
9f046344449995893d0b6d531e0f6b33.jpg

That’s me coming down the front straight at CVR! Looks like I’m about to lift off. The steering would get VERY light at speeds 80+. Hopefully this splitter will bring more balance to the car.

Prototyping is coming along nicely! I started with a 4’x8’ sheet of lexan. A choice made because experience says splitters are often destroyed and this lexan piece will be a template. I plan on experimenting with a few different materials; aluminum, alumilite, plywood, and carbon

cea4a67eaf6ee72b9bd09ece4cf78fbf.jpg

That’s 3” of much needed downforce that protrudes from the front bumper and continues all the way passed the battery tray. More pics to come

Last edited:
More updates on the splitter. Templating brackets...been having a lot of fun with this project. Been a while since I have been able to really get my fab skills a test. I probably won't need to make these brackets again unless something terrible happens, but It's nice to not have to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

f095d82a9a0c5c338ecb56c505a5b5a0.jpg

8f04eaf51690d55a83401284196bc86c.jpg

78e2ce6c8398feadad6e7fc9339b383b.jpg

9d44fde8a21baefdced03b74319f77e7.jpg

Thanks to [MENTION=4272]liftnot[/MENTION] and a lovely set of these Pole-2-Flag stainless steel lines will help make sure I don't have any big "whoopsies" come XPO or any track event. while I had the brakes off...decided to make them look a little more presentable. I never thought I would do this to my calipers because it seemed like a silly thing to do, but I painted a set for a customer and was ecstatic with the way they came out it convinced me to do my own!

1db3e6df4b44f739564a8a87ec30e620.jpg

Pics aren't working right now.... darn it.

Last edited:
I made it to the 2nd annual WestFest and had a blast! I did need to shim my Tilton clutch before heading out however as it had worn down from all he driving I had been doing. The process was painless and now the clutch is as good as new and only cost me a couple quarts of MTF, $200 for the new taller pressure plate, and some time in the garage.

-I acquired through a trade a 6 speed transmission with an OS Giken 4.40 LSD that is going in as I type this! One of the biggest items on my wish list can now be crossed off...I can't wait to drive my car again. I will post more pics as I go through the process. Here's hoping the LSD brings my laps down that much further.

-I plan to have a front splitter and under tray completed before XPO as well as a rear diffuser...No progress here yet, but I will post as much as time allows (better get on it!)

Thanks for reading!

Nice build and congratulations on the 6-speed.

I had always wanted to try the Tilton clutch, but never heard that it required shims as the plates wore. Did you have many miles on it? It sounds like you had to remove the transmission to do it. If so, that would be a bummer.

Just a recommendation on your lexan splitter and eyeballing the thickness.... That 3" front protrusion looks like it may bend down at speed without an angled side lip/reinforcement. Might want to put a video camera on it or have someone in another car alongside you on the highway watching it until you're comfortable any deflection won't rip it off at 80MPH+ I'm going through this now but using black ABS with a 2" max lip. Thickness is around 1/8".

yep, I commented on that thread back in the day! hahaha nice reread though

haha I just reread some of my posts...hilarious the capt is Jewish and we were calling his mod the dead sea splitter:biggrin:

I thought the same...so much fun sprinkled throughout some great threads...sad , damn FB and instagram....:rolleyes:

I thought the same...so much fun sprinkled throughout some great threads...sad , damn FB and instagram....:rolleyes:

Ahhh the good ol’ days. I remember them fondly.

I stopped posting on FB a while back. Too many keyboard experts with 100,000 followers

Nice build and congratulations on the 6-speed.

I had always wanted to try the Tilton clutch, but never heard that it required shims as the plates wore. Did you have many miles on it? It sounds like you had to remove the transmission to do it. If so, that would be a bummer.

Just a recommendation on your lexan splitter and eyeballing the thickness.... That 3" front protrusion looks like it may bend down at speed without an angled side lip/reinforcement. Might want to put a video camera on it or have someone in another car alongside you on the highway watching it until you're comfortable any deflection won't rip it off at 80MPH+ I'm going through this now but using black ABS with a 2" max lip. Thickness is around 1/8".

Alight, taking this one item at a time;

Thanks! I am excited to keep things going and I like the feedback.

The Tilton clutch is amazing, but it does require removing the transmission in order to shim the clutch to compensate for the wear. It’s really not a big deal, just a little messy haha! I have quite a few miles on my clutch however I also let a dozen people learn how to drive on my clutch so I won’t be able to gauge the life appropriately until this next time the clutch needs to be shimmed.

Thanks for the recommendation, but the Lexan is just for a template that I will transfer everything onto a sheet of Alumalite or carbon honeycomb. The final product will be more supported and have a structure to give it more form. This is still a work in progress and not quite ready to take out on the road.

Good thinking on using the lexan as a template then. Sure makes it easier to mark where holes need to be drilled!

Haha that was the concept, happy to say it works out great and will make marking the final sheet a breeze.

More Updates!

Lots been happening on the NSX front. Seems to be a cascading effect. I had some parts arrive from Pegasus Racing Supply and I am happy to unveil my "ultimate splitter" design here!

Naca ducts to scoop up even more air from the bottom of the car and feed my brake ducting

SE-7

vftg

I had some "extra" thin gauge aluminum and made some brake ducts that attach to the hubs

P1NY

w8rB

dp5B

J29R

I apologize for the fuzzy pics (it was late and I was using my phone lol) I am just waiting until daylight to cut my template for the ducts and then I will be transferring everything over to the alumalite! Words cannot express how excited I am to test out this splitter.

Also, while I was on a fabrication roll I decided to make a radiator shroud as I had removed the OEM plastic one to make way for my splitter mounts.

JziA

And some swaybar spacers after seeing my headers being a little too close.

rV8g

More updates coming soon! I still need to do a write up for the steering rack after I got it rebuilt but Matt and Charles. Thanks for reading!

You are a little fabricating fool! Nicely done on the splitter and radiator shroud. But are those ducts really going to provide much air to the rotors?

Back