• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Pursuit of Personalizing Perfection - Track Addict's build thread

You are a little fabricating fool! Nicely done on the splitter and radiator shroud. But are those ducts really going to provide much air to the rotors?

Naca ducts flow a TON of air. I’m hoping they are adequate for the job, especially considering the air is getting aimed at the rotor center

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

should be fine..I have smaller diameter tubing just directed at dali flaps and that works...heat shield removed of course.

right but also remember the bushings on the A arm will get a bunch of heat..

LOl to me everything is an A arm....:redface: ...yes ball joints

LOl to me everything is an A arm....:redface: ...yes ball joints

You know, I didn’t even think about those ball joints experiencing more heat. Guess I’ll fab up some heat shields.

More progress!! I cut up a perfectly good sheet of alumilite against my template and test fit everything. It works!

b5bf3112c5e308744ae1c69d262b45d6.jpg

bc8f40bc87a7fe3fe0125d7a919eff92.jpg

791e9b0273093ca30a6420047b9c97c0.jpg

Last touches and this should be going on “permanently” very soon. Happy I will be able to road test soon to see if I can notice the difference.

Thanks for reading!

Need picks installed on the car with duct work finished. Best of luck.

Here you go;

f9f25dd709c714dd7b141208880e394b.jpg

These hoses need to be fastened prior to splitter installation.

5ad23a400ed488b57830b16705b9c804.jpg

Passenger side duct/hose after install.

e00ea5c66bc63eb1da17bd6a95b9f916.jpg

Driver side duct/hose after install

Oof! Two years since my last update.

Well I may as well post SOMETHING regarding my car’s status

I haven’t driven or seen my car for 11 months and 4 days as of this post, because I moved out of the country (see my off topic thread “so I moved to Tokyo)

That doesn’t mean there hasn’t been progress!

I FINALLY started my engine build. Going BIG with a 3.6, ITBs, as high compression as CA crap gas will allow, and VTEC killer cams.

Though I am a loooong way from having a completed engine progress was made with Darton sleeves and machining being done to my donor block.

Since moving to Tokyo (and updating this thread) I have also been able to secure a few goodies that have been on my wishlist for some time;

- NSX type S single pane rear partition glass
- MITA S wheels 17/7.5” +40 and 17/9.5” +35
- spare complete engine, body, door, and underdash harnesses (future super-special project)
- rear lexan hatch
- Garage Kite side scoops
- MITA wet carbon b pillar
- brand new OEM 3.2 bare cylinder heads

And probably more tbh

As y’all can see I’ve been busy on my build even from 5,500 miles away! Not to mention I’ve got a very special 30th anniversary project planned just before 2020 ends (will post here once it’s ready)

Building the engine will happen stateside at Applied Motorsports, Nick and I are going to build 5 stroker motors 3.6 and 3.8!

My VTEC killer cams came from the old Spice IMSA racecar so it’ll be interesting to see just how that all pans out for a street/track car.

What ITBs do I plan to run you ask? I’m currently undecided between two setups.

f5b8b6a8d706f56eebecae5d61443674.jpg

f3743c64fe857f2651a3f3182c3d2fcc.jpg

Always leave them wanting more right?

I’m going 3.6, not 3.8.

The only people that will make a crank within what I consider acceptable tolerances, Bryant.

Awesome that’s who made ours 13 years ago. Nice stuff...good luck with the builds looking forward to seeing them.

Been really busy with work lately and while the pandemic still has me “stuck” here in Tokyo I’m unable to get much of anything done to my NSX...being 5,500 miles away has that effect :biggrin:

That hasn’t stopped my hoarding and parts development. Huge thanks to @foundry3 Chris for tolerating all of my bugging and harassment to develop more parts for the NSX.

These frame braces are going to be available soon on his site and I’m happy to say I helped a wee bit on this project. Support our awesome vendors!

bdeada0246a4dbccefbe5e8be398e238.jpg

Incredible stuff! Titanium bar and CNC’d mounts make install and removal LIGHTYEARS easier than any other similar bars from less reputable vendors.

Can’t wait to get back and install mine.

I’ve also come across a “too good to pass” on deal with a set of Enkei wheels in NSX spec. 16x8 +38 and 17x9 +38 which gives me that NA1R look but with much better BBK clearance (and at about 1/10 the cost)

Really wishing I had a bigger apartment here to store all this stuff!

3d3493c679e4fc5f823bda376f43dfc4.png

89e93ac72afc7006592431a93bc823dc.jpg

I finally bit down and bought my JDM passenger side taillight and center piece to complete my conversion (already had a Euro driver side taillight with the rear fog)

Big project to lose 40-50 more lbs and bring the NSX electronics up to modern standards has gotten underway, but more on that as things develop later.

I’ve decided to purchase Toda ITBs for my car once I am able to justify the outlandish price tag.

Why Toda?

Could summarize it with one word;

Linkage - Toda’s linkage is easily the best in the market. That solid linkage will provide a superior feel and confidence that the product will last as long as possible.

No matter how “built” my car gets it still needs to be Honda reliable right?

I have some other goodies coming in shortly, but will wait to announce until I can post pics.

Anyway that’s about all I have for now. Stay safe and happy motoring.

Last edited:
Those Mita Type-S wheels look amazing. Can't wait to see some more pictures!

Those Mita Type-S wheels look amazing. Can't wait to see some more pictures!

Thanks! I think so too.

I’d love to be able to do a proper photo shoot sometime this year.

MITA has changed their design ever so slightly to accommodate bigger brakes and to match the OEM BBS Type S wheel even better since I bought my set.

Are you going to ship your NSX to Japan when done, or are you going to save it for your post-pandemic trips back to the USA? I’d be antsy being that far from my car for as long as you have...

Are you going to ship your NSX to Japan when done, or are you going to save it for your post-pandemic trips back to the USA? I’d be antsy being that far from my car for as long as you have...

Since my wife and I haven’t decided where we want to plant roots just yet I am reluctant to bring the NSX over at least until it is finished...which could be a while :biggrin:

The amount of money, and more importantly hassle, to get a car over here is enough of a deterrent at the moment for me to keep it there until I’m certain I’ll be here for at least a few more years.

OMFG I am so antsy without my car/tools I have no stress relief and to top it off I can’t even go back and get my jollies off thanks to the pandemic!

I hope everyone says a prayer for my wife if I can’t drive my car in 2021. She’ll need an old priest and a young priest.

Big news!!

Some tasty bits arrived this afternoon that have me in dreamland.

Enjoy the pics.

cacbea4b85efa3c9ab0ca98bd53baefd.jpg

NSX Sports Injection kit.

8046bc7d9fe3af0326fa30ce2246c5f8.jpg

cc2ef4504511ef4d0feac40531738d54.jpg

7aa8b44020161857d85ff1d203f0e77d.jpg

bf34091b43155cadee91664feac7860e.jpg

Toda Sports Injection Kit (88mm trumpet)

I’ll be sleeping with these under my pillow for the next few days.

I purchased the tallest trumpets (88mm) after doing loads of research and math regarding the matter...gross

Once I have them installed I’ll know whether or not I’ll need to change the length based on the confirmed distance from the trumpet edge to the intake valve.

I have more goodies, but does anyone really care about valve springs when next to this?

They sure look pretty. Just when do you plan on installing these? I somehow feel this thread is going to continue for a very long time.......

They sure look pretty. Just when do you plan on installing these? I somehow feel this thread is going to continue for a very long time.......

They’ll go in with the new motor.

It’s a lot more difficult to build a car that 5,500 miles away.

In 2-3 years I’ll need to come up with some more excuses why the build isn’t complete.

Until then I’ll just have to drive faster than you :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back