• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Things we encounter on the highway...

This has not been my week with driving. While on the interstate last night, I notice a pickup truck starting to lose part of his load. He was 2 lanes to the right, and probably 20 car lengths ahead of me. All I could see were trash cans flying out of the bed of the truck. I move over to the emergency lane while practically slamming my brakes, as I knew the semis were going to nail them. Sure enough...I swear one of them got kicked up 50 feet in the air, and another gets pushed over by a semi right into me. Thankfully, I was down to 20 mph or so, but I did hit it. And thankfully, no damage, just a slight scuff that came right off.

10 more miles down the road, I see a car fire in progress. Some driver wants to help, and finds it necessary to almost cause an accident trying to get over.

Then, I experience what might be the worst smell I have ever smelt. No idea, but I thought the paint was going to peel off my car it was so bad.

Closer to home, I dodge a racoon staring me in the face.

Then to top it off, some asshole in a Scion wants to tailgate me.

Phew!

Wow that was a eventful trip home. I am glad you made it through unscathed.

I hope this goes better than the "I still can't believe I didn't get pulled over" thread. :biggrin:

This has not been my week with driving. While on the interstate last night, I notice a pickup truck starting to lose part of his load. He was 2 lanes to the right, and probably 20 car lengths ahead of me. All I could see were trash cans flying out of the bed of the truck. I move over to the emergency lane while practically slamming my brakes, as I knew the semis were going to nail them. Sure enough...I swear one of them got kicked up 50 feet in the air, and another gets pushed over by a semi right into me. Thankfully, I was down to 20 mph or so, but I did hit it. And thankfully, no damage, just a slight scuff that came right off.

10 more miles down the road, I see a car fire in progress. Some driver wants to help, and finds it necessary to almost cause an accident trying to get over.

Then, I experience what might be the worst smell I have ever smelt. No idea, but I thought the paint was going to peel off my car it was so bad.

Closer to home, I dodge a racoon staring me in the face.

Then to top it off, some asshole in a Scion wants to tailgate me.

Phew!

423px-Falling_down.jpg

He just wanted to get home too..

Bad things come in three's. Better slow down and hope the next one doesn't get you worse!

I was following a panel truck once, when his cargo door rolled up and his hand truck rolled out and bounced over the hood of my car at about 50 mph! :eek:

Good luck out there.

Wow that was a eventful trip home. I am glad you made it through unscathed.

I hope this goes better than the "I still can't believe I didn't get pulled over" thread. :biggrin:

Yeah, no doubt. :biggrin:

423px-Falling_down.jpg

He just wanted to get home too..

Too funny! I absolutely love that movie. Years after seeing it the first time, and being in the corporate world, I can see how people just blow a gasket. :biggrin:

Only a few days after I bought my Subaru Impreza I was on the highway and a truck carrying gravel (or something rocky) dropped one on my hood and tore the paint down to the metal.

2 months ago I re-painted the RX-7 and you wouldn't guess what happened a few days later on the highway.... :mad:

Wow that was a eventful trip home. I am glad you made it through unscathed. I hope this goes better than the "I still can't believe I didn't get pulled over" thread. :biggrin:
+1

as i read the OP i was thinking to myself, "man, i hope it doesn't end with him getting pulled over." :biggrin:

Back