• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

This is how I want my "ish" build thread 1997 NSX

Love it. Came here to read up on how to support the diffuser on the Seibon rear valance and read the rest of the thread in it's entirety. The red interior looks so much better than the tan/camel, IMO. Money well spent!

So u red plastidip some interior plastics and purchased own parts for the others? Why not plastidip all the pieces?

I'm curious because I will be doing this soon as we'll I hope

So u red plastidip some interior plastics and purchased own parts for the others? Why not plastidip all the pieces?

I'm curious because I will be doing this soon as we'll I hope

I didn't red plastidip anything on the interior. The center console and inner door handles are plastidipped silver. It's temporary though. May wrap or paint.

umy3y8e9.jpg
a8u2ezyv.jpg
3yjezene.jpg

In the below photo, you can see the difference from oem (left) and a wrapped by interior place (right). Was very close but not close enough to me so I paid the $130 for the oem one in the end (left). I even looked at hundreds of reds from many big name shops. Oh well.
umabyzeh.jpg

Last edited:
Oh ok.. Do u have all te part numbers for all the oem red pieces you purchased?

I am in love with red interiors and your car looks amazing!!

lets get these badboys on!

umy3y8e9.jpg
a8u2ezyv.jpg
3yjezene.jpg

In the below photo, you can see the difference from oem (left) and a wrapped by interior place (right). Was very close but not close enough to me so I paid the $130 for the oem one in the end (left). I even looked at hundreds of reds from many big name shops. Oh well.
umabyzeh.jpg

Okay, time for an end of summer update. Here is the car as it sits now... since I don't have an extra $2700 for the black/red door panels, I decided to invest $8 into another can of the spray leather coloring. The lower camel/tan door panels have been painted black to match the armrest and dashboard lower (also painted black). Aside from a few small interior fixes, this is about it for this year on the NSX. I do have my red VOLK valve stems laying around and I just received my red/white wheel stickers, so I might do that yet this year. I still hope to eventually go with red OEM doors, center, dash, and carpet but for now, we are good. I can redirect focus on my big brake kit and other things for next season.

Also, I hope to get some better photos taken soon of the final product.

1_zpsd2db7bb2.jpg

2_zps5c726f20.jpg

photo31_zpse958b267.jpg

Endofsummer_zps89a2c112.jpg

photo4_zps9fb4cc0f.jpg

You know what Jhae, that looks very good as is....I mean you could leave it like that as far as I'm concerned.
Spend the money on other stuff ;^D

Brian

exactly. looks great and its awesome to see how much you've bettered the car in your season of ownership.

You know what Jhae, that looks very good as is....I mean you could leave it like that as far as I'm concerned.
Spend the money on other stuff ;^D

Brian

exactly. looks great and its awesome to see how much you've bettered the car in your season of ownership.

x3. Knew the black panels would look great. They actually "match" the interior much more than red would since your dash etc is all black as well.

The only thing I would change is run a black trunk switch/door light. The red looks out of place.

x3. Knew the black panels would look great. They actually "match" the interior much more than red would since your dash etc is all black as well.

The only thing I would change is run a black trunk switch/door light. The red looks out of place.

Yeah, the red tidbits in the door actually dont look bad at all IMO but I do plan to go black until I actually get the red doors. As far as black matching better, 99.9% would never know the difference if the lower doors were actually red instead of black. And that is because the carpet, lower door trim, seats, and all the rear bulkhead are red. :)

Yeah, the red tidbits in the door actually dont look bad at all IMO but I do plan to go black until I actually get the red doors. As far as black matching better, 99.9% would never know the difference if the lower doors were actually red instead of black. And that is because the carpet, lower door trim, seats, and all the rear bulkhead are red. :)

Agreed. I wouldn't waste the time/money on half red door panels. The reason the red panels work on red interior cars is because their lower dash is also red. Unless of course you plan on swapping the dash and all that as well.

TeeJ, what mods did you have to do to the Seibon rear valance to get the diffuser mounted up? How straight forward was it? Thanks

Mike

TeeJ, what mods did you have to do to the Seibon rear valance to get the diffuser mounted up? How straight forward was it? Thanks

Mike

It just took a little creativity and vision. I'm not even close to the most crafty person but I at least get an idea of what I want to do.

Hey Mike,
Car has been in storage for a few months now but they shouldn't be any problem with the leather paint/dye holding up. It bonds to the surface.

Wow, you've been busy!

So, what did you do with the old tan seats? They would look good in a red car (hint hint).

lol always too late! I must have missed them. well, keep up the great work!!

This first photo is an updated but crappy photo from the storage place (not taken by me). I removed the blue/white TE37 wheel stickers and ordered some custom red/white. Makes the car look quite different.
16a88d4d-7c90-4dce-9f23-a6359cfb0bc6_zps97b85f5d.jpg

The photo was from a breast cancer awareness event at the Lingenfelter Collection last October before the NSX went into hibernation. Before you freak that is pink athletic tape wrap and helmet stickers :biggrin:
photo1_zps586b4cce.jpg

Back