• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Threats in random pictures gallery

:mad:Threats are being blocked on my computer from somewhere in the random pictures gallery, last two pages. Be advised...:mad:

:mad:=DREW=:mad:

I'd say it's almost certainly a false positive, but if you can give me some more info I will double check.

What software blocking them as a threat?

Does whatever is blocking them tell you the URL of what it is blocking? Obviously, by nature of a "random" gallery, I can't really reproduce it because the random photos I see aren't going to be the same ones you saw.

the threats are on pages 97-98 in the "Random NSX pictures that don't each deserve their own thread" thread In NSX picture and video gallery.
It just reads: either caribeat or canibeat I can't make it out.

caribeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/wekfest_east_joec_59.jpg.

malicious site

=DREW=

Oh, I thought you meant the random NSX photo display in this gallery http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/

In the thread you mentioned it looks like someone linked an image from a site that AVG considers malicious. This may or may not be a false-positive. Either way, there is no actual threat from simply linking an image file even if the site itself is malicious or has been compromised; your software is simply firing off a warning based on the domain name matching it's list of suspect sites.

Regardless, I went ahead and deleted the messaging linking the pics from that domain since I'm sure it's annoying to get pop-ups like that.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Back