• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

time for a high mileage update

Congrats Hugh, now on to 400K :biggrin:

It was never rebuilt before ScienceofSpeed did the 3.5L twin turbo build at 265,000 miles. It was still within factory specs for compression, never gave me any issues and its innards were as clean as a new motor thanks to my regular use of Auto-Rx.

Charlotte just hit 300,000 miles last night by the way. Check this out.

View attachment 104784

Congrats on your milestone Hugh!

Not to be a party pooper but...
After your rebuild at 265k, don't we turn a new leaf by restarting the mileage count?
or does this high mile thread pertain only to chassis miles?

(Either way 265k on a stock, untouched engine is superb, just trying to understand the objective here)

Thanks

Hugh where are u driving this thing? How many cross country trips have u done in the last year? lol

Why is there that stigma for high mileage vehicles? If it has been maintained well and has a good auto history, what's so bad about it? 300k though, hehe um... I'm sure it's been maintained very well to run for that long :)

Yup, I figure that will probably happen while it's still 2013 given a couple of short trips I've got left on the table (Road Atlanta again in there somewhere). For those playing in new money, just another thousand or so will also put me over the 400,000km mark.

12/6/2012
1SChk.jpg

12/6/2013
y0dvXskh.jpg

Just over 27K miles in a year. Next year will probably be a bit more. The previous winter the car usually sat when there was salt on the roads. This winter if I will drive anywhere, it will be in the NSX.

Last edited:
Man Drifter, you can run a high-end cab service out of your NsX with that kind of mileage in one year!
Congratulations on enjoying your nsx 10 times more than the average owner

Thanks! Besides frequent road trips, I am daily driving about 55 miles a day regardless of weather, although if we get more snow days like today I will have to actually go out and buy winter tires!

Back