• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To close for comfort

This from someone who's license plate seems to read "FSTR N U". That seems like a challenge to everyone on the street that sees it and wants to prove you wrong. I may be wrong though :biggrin:!

So, because I have a clever license plate...

Even if people take that as a challenge, I never race them. Unless it's on the track.

Yeah I know and I normally dont say anything when I see these types of posts but I figured you know me and wouldn't get too angry about it. I just think a comment like that isn't going to change the person's mind and it more than likely falls on deaf ears. And it is kind of preachy.

Yes we all know of the stories of people killing themselves and innocents and street racing is irresponsible behavior no doubt but peopel are going to do what they want and telling them not to street race in a post just seems to come off as preaching/arrogance and I dont think has much affect on the OP or anyone else. Thats all.

Your completly right people shouldn't street race especially those driving NSXs since it gives us all a bad name.

BTW - The poster is in New Zealand so we are safe.

I have noticed that driving a NSX carries an extra responsibility of avoiding friendly competitions on street. It would seem that the NSX can be a bit of a an "Idiot Magnet" sometimes as a good portion of individuals who are driving sports cars (usually the ones modified for street racing) have something to prove when they come head to head with a NSX.

I am sure there are other prime members who have noticed this :rolleyes:

Excuse me but I am confused.:confused: What does street racing have to do with DUI? Are you insinuating one justifies the other?:confused: This thread was about street racing not driving under the influence.

What are the psychographics of a street racer?

Your excused.

s14_tat has already explained it to you and even ChopsJazz gets it.

- Alois Alzheimer

Last edited:
Doug,
The ignore function only works if someone doesn't quote the ignoree. :wink:

BATMANS, Good for you! You even found photographic proof of me with a beer bottle in front of me. How incriminating that is, and how embarrassed I must feel. Yes, I have a beer on occasion with my adult friends. Sometimes two! It's legal, and I never drive drunk. Sometimes I even have a margarita! It has tequila in it! Shame.

But I never street race. And I never drive drunk. Both are illegal. You may go ahead and post all the statistics all you like that one is more dangerous than another, but don't try to legitimize your dangerous testosterone-driven, ego-boosting, my-GTO-FD-is-faster behavior by saying that one bad action makes another one acceptable.

Please don't street race.

Now, back to the ignore feature... :cool:

And by the way, Mario was having a glass of wine that day too!

Ignore features seldom work with me.

All I have to do is assemble some words that goes against your street religon and voila! you are out of the wood works.

My car is so hot that people just drool and never try to engage me in a street race. :biggrin:

I think thats because they don't want to lose to a girl...:biggrin:

Your excused.

s14_tat has already explained it to you and even ChopsJazz gets it.

- Alois Alzheimer

I didn't ask s14_tat to explain it. I asked you to explain it. While you're explaining it why don't you also provide your source(s) for your numbers and your psycho graphic profiles of street racers and people that are convicted of DUI? How do you know that people who drink and drive are older? I would think the opposite. Older, more mature, responsible versus some 18 year old kid with a 12 pack of Budweiser.

At first I thought I could care less if you street race and run your car into a tree and die like that kid in San Jose the other day. Then I thought about that 20 year old girl that was killed by two guys that were street racing and became an innocent victim. So what do we have here? In San Jose there is one dead kid and probably a devastated family. The next week we have one innocent 20 year old dead female and two guys that are facing vehicular manslaughter charges and prison time. So that's four devastated families and friends along with the victims in a two week period, just in San Jose. Did you read the article Alan posted?

But this is still OK with you? Sure it won't happen to you. I would imagine those other people probably thought it wouldn't happen to them either.

When I did my post I wasn't preaching. Let me ask you how you justify the death of that 20 year old woman, the death of that young man and the prison sentences of the other two men? All of their lives are either gone or ruined.

Your previous answer was some flippant reply and what I regard as a personal attach on me.

Do you have alternatives? Yes. Did that 20 year old woman have any alternatives? No.

Basically, you're an idiot to try to justify this activity. And don't try to go off on some tangent about DUI. Just address why you think street racing is OK.

Quite honestly I could care less if you street race and die, but it's a more complex issue. How would you explain that issue to the family of that 20 year old female?

You're just a jerk. Not only from this post but from you history of posting.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken car accidents are the #1 killer of people age 16-35. Maybe its just men. Regardless, its a baseline dangerous activity, but one we have to partake in. Adding street racing to the mix is a losing game for all involved.

For the record, Im not a fan of drinking and driving either.:frown:

And meanwhile at the winery...

attachment.php

Hey that's Mario Andretti !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

BATMANS, Good for you! You even found photographic proof of me with a beer bottle in front of me. How incriminating that is, and how embarrassed I must feel. Yes, I have a beer on occasion with my adult friends. Sometimes two! It's legal, and I never drive drunk. Sometimes I even have a margarita! It has tequila in it! Shame.

But I never street race. And I never drive drunk. Both are illegal.

Some people (like Batman, apparently) have difficulty distinguishing between drinking and driving drunk. This ignorance is fueling another temperance movement. Good article here:
http://reason.com/archives/2007/10/30/prohibition-returns

I'm not a fan of this, nor is the founder of MADD:

Although alcohol nannies generally support zero tolerance, one dissenting voice doesn't. "I thought the emphasis on .08 laws was not where the emphasis should have been placed," Candace Lightner told the Los Angeles Times in 2002. "The majority of crashes occur with high blood-alcohol levels, the .15, .18 and .25 drinkers. Lowering the blood-alcohol concentration was not a solution to the alcohol problem."

Lightner has moved on from MADD, and since then has protested the shift from attacking drunk driving to attacking drinking in general. "I worry that the movement I helped create has lost direction," she told The Cleveland Plain Dealer in 1992. BAC legislation, she said, "ignores the real core of the problem....If we really want to save lives, let's go after the most dangerous drivers on the road." Lightner said MADD has become an organization far more "neoprohibitionist" than she had envisioned. "I didn't start MADD to deal with alcohol," she said. "I started MADD to deal with the issue of drunk driving."

I also am not a fan of street racing, and I do hope that every time there is a kill story that others discourage the activity. Hopefully it will reduce kill stories:
I think it would be better to NOT post kill stories so we can avoid these type of discussions. :smile: PEACE
It will likely also ensure that street racing is not perceived as being "cool" to members/visitors to this forum. That in itself may lessen street racing relative to a forum where the activity is positively reinforced.

Finally, I have to comment on these...

Please dont preach....next time take it to church.....:smile:

And it is kind of preachy.

What Batman is getting at is don't preach like your a saint if your committing acts that is statistically 10x's more deadlier than street racing. ( not that I endorse any of this stuff but I don't preach either because I know I am far from perfect )

This isn't a discussion about the philosophy of ethics ("morality" in the more-contemporary sense of the word) and I don't see anyone claiming to be perfect. This whole notion that people don't have the right to discourage a stupid/dangerous behavior they disagree with because there are other dangerous behaviors (like drunk driving) is absurd. The relative nature of two different activities (street racing, drunk driving) can be a valid discussion, but doesn't have much place in an attempt to justify one of them (such an argument should be made on its own merits). Similarly, that someone is not 100% lawful/careful/sinless 100% of the time has not much bearing on one's standing or the validity of what they say (unless they're claiming to be perfect). If such were a requirement to make suggestions, nobody would be qualified.

This isn't a discussion about the philosophy of ethics ("morality" in the more-contemporary sense of the word) and I don't see anyone claiming to be perfect. This whole notion that people don't have the right to discourage a stupid/dangerous behavior they disagree with because there are other dangerous behaviors (like drunk driving) is absurd. The relative nature of two different activities (street racing, drunk driving) can be a valid discussion, but doesn't have much place in an attempt to justify one of them (such an argument should be made on its own merits). Similarly, that someone is not 100% lawful/careful/sinless 100% of the time has not much bearing on one's standing or the validity of what they say (unless they're claiming to be perfect). If such were a requirement to make suggestions, nobody would be qualified.

Well the way I see it is I don't want to sound like a hypocrite, not that I street race in anyway either but I definitely do not feel qualified to tell anyone what should or should not be done because they can easily point back at me for my flaws. Yes they may not be related to one another but still, I do not like confrontations and I try to avoid it as much as possible. If they want to street race, I will read but I will not comment in anyway.

Last edited:
well let me be the first to say Lucky you!! the other members do it but they wont admit it, or talk about it!!
I'm an "other member" and I'd like it if you did not say I do something that I don't do. Don't drag me down to your level.

Oh, and let me stop you before you say the obvious. Even if some do it, I have to say I can't believe people who are old enough to drive have not yet understood the phrase, "Two wrongs don't make a right." Propping up your own misbehavior with someone else's is seriously weak. If you're going to misbehave, be a man about it instead of claiming you're just another sheep following the rest of the flock.

Yesterday was good for me. The police followed me for a long time and did not pull me over for no front plate. I made a U-turn off an 8 lane street and the SUV leaving the gas station from the enter lane while not signalling his intentions almost gunned it while I was 10 feet from him facing him. His wife gave him hell because he braked so hard she was propelled forward. I was practically stopped because I didn't know if he was turning left, right or going straight ahead.

Also, I did not race a new Mustang and he did not race me. I would have lost anyways.

I didn't ask s14_tat to explain it. I asked you to explain it. While you're explaining it why don't you also provide your source(s) for your numbers and your psycho graphic profiles of street racers and people that are convicted of DUI? How do you know that people who drink and drive are older? I would think the opposite. Older, more mature, responsible versus some 18 year old kid with a 12 pack of Budweiser.

At first I thought I could care less if you street race and run your car into a tree and die like that kid in San Jose the other day. Then I thought about that 20 year old girl that was killed by two guys that were street racing and became an innocent victim. So what do we have here? In San Jose there is one dead kid and probably a devastated family. The next week we have one innocent 20 year old dead female and two guys that are facing vehicular manslaughter charges and prison time. So that's four devastated families and friends along with the victims in a two week period, just in San Jose. Did you read the article Alan posted?

But this is still OK with you? Sure it won't happen to you. I would imagine those other people probably thought it wouldn't happen to them either.

When I did my post I wasn't preaching. Let me ask you how you justify the death of that 20 year old woman, the death of that young man and the prison sentences of the other two men? All of their lives are either gone or ruined.

Your previous answer was some flippant reply and what I regard as a personal attach on me.

Do you have alternatives? Yes. Did that 20 year old woman have any alternatives? No.

Basically, you're an idiot to try to justify this activity. And don't try to go off on some tangent about DUI. Just address why you think street racing is OK.

Quite honestly I could care less if you street race and die, but it's a more complex issue. How would you explain that issue to the family of that 20 year old female?

You're just a jerk. Not only from this post but from you history of posting.

Wow repeating yourself twice about some 20 year old woman that died and if I street race and died.

Either it's a poor attempt at trying to have alot to talk about nothing or your short term memory has elapsed.

Early symptoms of Alzheimer's?

If so, you might be found wondering off in Idaho with the NSX and not remembering how you got there.

Tell me where on this thread did I justify street racing?

My reference about DUI was to point out that since Chopsjazz drinks and drives he shouldn't be lecturing others.

Drinking and driving doesn't mean that you have to be legally DUI, but even "Driving Wet" is a concern.

So, 100% of sportscars should be only driven on Race Tracks .. owners should tow their toys to the track, RACE THEM, then tow them back home, NEVER drive them on public streets, nor race them -driving fast is also considered racing by some- that's it.

Also everyone should live in bubbles so no one can touch each others skins so then bacteria is not exchanged! :D

Oscar

Seriously now, let's all enjoy each other, life is so hard already as it is .. why so much arguing?

I have noticed that driving a NSX carries an extra responsibility of avoiding friendly competitions on street. It would seem that the NSX can be a bit of a an "Idiot Magnet" sometimes as a good portion of individuals who are driving sports cars (usually the ones modified for street racing) have something to prove when they come head to head with a NSX.

I am sure there are other prime members who have noticed this :rolleyes:

agreed

I bet you are one of those loud cell phone talkers aren't you?

boxing_smiley.gif

HAHAh not really, I am foreign, so I try not to sound so loud -and engrish- while @ the phone LOL... it can be embarrassing ...

So, 100% of sportscars should be only driven on Race Tracks .. owners should tow their toys to the track, RACE THEM, then tow them back home, NEVER drive them on public streets,

No one has suggested that in this thread at all.

Back