• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To keep a long story short...

The "R" sticker was put on by the previous owner (along with the door badges). :tongue:

Most people on here were VERY aware of my interior overhaul PRIOR to the theft, which is why the interior looks stripped, but there was no damage done by me. Also, I WAS a VERY active member of this forum for a couple of years and EVERYONE knew my love for that car, and those who have met me, and ridden in #81 (KO-NSX) should know how much I valued that car, and that I would NEVER do any damage to ANY vehicle on purpose (much less an NSX). Also, if I did just 'trash' it before it was repoed why would I have purchased vehicle transportation wrap from fellow Prime'r vf2ss just weeks prior to the theft? AND, if i was going to trash the car before repo don't you think I would have taken the $6k wheels and just left it on it's axles if I didn't care about the car? The car was in MINT condition and it was perfect mechanical condition before the theft, and only the interior parts had been pulled for the overhaul. I assumed the car was being shipped overseas so I sold the parts...

Again, I guess you find out who your (internet) friends are. Thanks to those who have been sticking up for me or are being impartial due to insufficent info.

This is the last I will be posting in this thread. :mad:

So that just leaves one MINOR question:

Was your car STOLEN or REPOED?

:cool:

The "R" sticker was put on by the previous owner (along with the door badges). :tongue:

Most people on here were VERY aware of my interior overhaul PRIOR to the theft, which is why the interior looks stripped, but there was no damage done by me. Also, I WAS a VERY active member of this forum for a couple of years and EVERYONE knew my love for that car, and those who have met me, and ridden in #81 (KO-NSX) should know how much I valued that car, and that I would NEVER do any damage to ANY vehicle on purpose (much less an NSX). Also, if I did just 'trash' it before it was repoed why would I have purchased vehicle transportation wrap from fellow Prime'r vf2ss just weeks prior to the theft? AND, if i was going to trash the car before repo don't you think I would have taken the $6k wheels and just left it on it's axles if I didn't care about the car? The car was in MINT condition and it was perfect mechanical condition before the theft, and only the interior parts had been pulled for the overhaul. I assumed the car was being shipped overseas so I sold the parts...

Again, I guess you find out who your (internet) friends are. Thanks to those who have been sticking up for me or are being impartial due to insufficent info.

This is the last I will be posting in this thread. :mad:

I told you how i felt in post #185. Some of the post and accusations in this thread i disagree with. I personally don't know what happened, i had to find out all your info on nsxprime. you could have called or pm'd me anytime. Yea i rode in it, i remember everything about it, but again, myself like many others that were concerned got info elsewere and wondered. Don't blame people for jumping to conclusions, you would have done the same with limited info. Again i believe 99% of nsxprime had you back form day one and probably still do.

Out of 351 post you didn't do a lot to slow down this twist, BUT again, i have no idea what your situation is. Sorry you fell like i attacked you or didn't have your back, that's not how i feel. I would like to know the whole story though.

Man, I can't believe that there are that many naive people out there. Shifty Bob or whatever your real name is, the best thing you can do IS TO stop posting like you just said. From jumpstreet when you first posted this thread I called BS but kept it to myself. All the signs of either Ins. fraud or repo were present from the beginning. Including but not limiting to ALL the excuses that you keep coming up with (pretty textbook actually). Now I'm not doubting the words of other members that you are a decent human being but I bet if one did some digging that sweet Lorinso SL was prolly also a repo. and not a theft. On your MB thread someone said good thing you had removed your steering wheel or the thieves could have gotten the NSX also, my money says you removed it because you knew the repo men were a coming!

They won the car on an if bid. If the bank does not take that persons bid the auction is calling me with there reserve.

OK, not trying to start nothing with you because every word I have read from you is gospel IMO..............BUT
....If what you just said is what is gonna happen, then that is dirty on both sides. The winner of the IF bid "should" get first choice to step up and negotiate. If the bank/auction sidesteps that step that is against Auction Policy and is considered foul play. What if that IF bidder was you? As a matter of fact it just might be me:biggrin:

Who cares if the repo guy buys the car? He has an advantage that is a perk in his line of work.

there has been some deception here. At the end of the day who cares who gets the car. I think it's childish to call repoman's place of work and to save his postings. He's not the one who stiffed the bank and ended up losing the car.

Gospel. pure Gospel

Last edited:
ShiftyBob states that the car was immaculate. Repoman on the other side says that the harness under the hood was f*cked up. So there must be a third party who did that? Just asking.

ShiftyBob states that the car was immaculate. Repoman on the other side says that the harness under the hood was f*cked up. So there must be a third party who did that? Just asking.

Repoman also posted just to say that the car was not running through the auction, when in fact it was. I don't think he is to be trusted 100%. In fact, we haven't heard from him since he said that and after SOURCENSX called BS on him.

One wire cut under steering column, two wires snipped in engine bay. Classic retaliation by pissed off person getting his car repo'd to try and keep them from just being able to start it and drive off with it. And yes you can get a key cut at the dealer with the chip programmed ahead of time.

deadhorse.gif

Last edited:
One wire cut under steering column, two wires snipped in engine bay. Classic retaliation by pissed off person getting his car repo'd to try and keep them from just being able to start it and drive off with it. And yes you can get a key cut at the dealer with the chip programmed ahead of time.

This raises more questions:
- How could the car get on the trailer if it didn't start?
- I'm not familiar with repo but there would have been other effective things to let the car not start without cutting wires.

Ok, just another very, very hypertheoretical point of view with no accusations or whatsoever: Does the repo company earn some money on the fixing of a repoed damaged car or where do their incentives lie? If so, there would be an incentive to 'add' some damages.

Again, just a hypertheoretical point of view.

This raises more questions:
- How could the car get on the trailer if it didn't start?
- I'm not familiar with repo but there would have been other effective things to let the car not start without cutting wires.

Ok, just another very, very hypertheoretical point of view with no accusations or whatsoever: Does the repo company earn some money on the fixing of a repoed damaged car or where do their incentives lie? If so, there would be an incentive to 'add' some damages.

Again, just a hypertheoretical point of view.

Good questions.
They hook the car with dollies, and special quick hooks. If a flatbed a winch always works.

IMO, no, the repo co won't nessarly on purpose add damages but they really couldn't care less if they were to add any. But that just depends on the professionalism of the repo Co.
Some Auctions do have repair facilities that are hired to repair cars before they run though so they can bring all the money they should. Prolly were that repoman person came from.

Good questions.
They hook the car with dollies, and special quick hooks. If a flatbed a winch always works.

IMO, no, the repo co won't nessarly on purpose add damages but they really couldn't care less if they were to add any. But that just depends on the professionalism of the repo Co.

ShiftyBob states that the car was taken with the trailer as he was moving. The repoman states the front underbody was damaged as well. It's very easy to damage the front underbody of an NSX if someone who doesn't take care or doesn't know how to do takes it off a trailer. Which raises some questions HOW the repo guys did work. Just some input.

On your MB thread someone said good thing you had removed your steering wheel or the thieves could have gotten the NSX also, my money says you removed it because you knew the repo men were a coming!
Repo men don't need a steering wheel. They have fancy tow trucks that grasp the front wheels and lift them off of the ground. If a guy was going to repo the nsx along with the other car, he would have, steering wheel or no.

The easiest way to keep a repo man from taking your car would be to take the wheels off, and even then I bet he'd find a way, e.g. fork it onto a flatbed. They can be pretty determined.

I'm sure others have noted the irony of this very long thread's title/heading (ie, keeping a long story short).

Funny, I haven't noticed any comments about this irony (if there are any, then me not noticing them further bears out the crazy length of this thread, lol).

OK, not trying to start nothing with you because every word I have read from you is gospel IMO..............BUT
....If what you just said is what is gonna happen, then that is dirty on both sides. The winner of the IF bid "should" get first choice to step up and negotiate. If the bank/auction sidesteps that step that is against Auction Policy and is considered foul play. What if that IF bidder was you? As a matter of fact it just might be me:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Greg, I understand what your saying, I guess I worded it incorrectly..

What that statement meant was if the winning bidder and the bank do not come together on a price then I will get a phone call.. Thats it.. I WOULD NEVER want to undercut nor step on a winning bidders toes. The phone call would then tell me what the floor amount is on the car, which I have since found out is just a tad over 56k. OBVIOUSLY they will not be getting ANYWHERE near that amount for it. I HOPE you get it or me:biggrin: I just want someone to have the car that would never to something like this to it:mad: Thats my favorite color combo etc. and it killed me to see those pics.

As far as shifty bob saying if he stripped the car why wouldnt he take the wheels:rolleyes: If the car was stolen why wouldnt the theives had stolen them ?? :rolleyes:

Actually bob, you sold everything that is missing on the car so what did the "thieves" steal?

Seriously man its ok, But I am starting to loose patience with your attempts to save face here.
Everyone goes threw some shit in there lives, Its how they handle it that makes them the person they will end up being.

Seriously man its ok, But I am starting to loose patience with your attempts to save face here. Everyone goes threw some shit in there lives, Its how they handle it that makes them the person they will end up being.
+1

as for the irony of the title, i picked that up some time ago but lost it in the evolution to reality-show.

You know guys Bob has had a sister and a brother murdered recently and is now going through bankrupcy and a divorce. Lets give him a break. :frown:

You know guys Bob has had a sister and a brother murdered recently and is now going through bankrupcy and a divorce. Lets give him a break. :frown:

omg .... :frown: :frown: :frown: Sorry to hear about this... lets leave the guy alone. Who cares what happened? Someone may be getting a good deal out of an NSX that needs some TLC...:redface:

Back