• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

To keep a long story short...

Yeah, but even so...with a salvage title, don't ya think it would fetch a little more than $23,500????
I mean...c'mon.

I've been trying to call this guy all morning just to see what the deal is, then I came across this thread.

China Spring, TX is like a 30-minute drive from me, so I even thought about taking a drive out there to see what I can see.
:biggrin:

LOL, the address on the autotrader add changed, the new address has a phone number listed across the country.

just give up!! its not real, if you keep persuing it your just going to get more spam in your email and your phone number is going to be listed on one of these adds.

:eek: That brings up an interesting notion... I was not thinking, or in no anyway implying insurance fraud...

but now that you bring it up...... It is a interesting hypothesis.... but purely speculative...

This isn't the first time I've heard this. When this story first hit, I was talking to a couple fellas by PM. They were all thinking the exact same thing. This is just the first time anyone has said it publicly.

ok great so it wasnt just me....

Anyways i just hope the best for the guy..

Sadly its 1 less clean title'd 02+ nsx available :(

ok great so it wasnt just me....

Anyways i just hope the best for the guy..

Sadly its 1 less clean title'd 02+ nsx available :(

i have met shifty and he's a great guy. It's just hard to stomach what happened to him with wondering a few things. I honestly mean no disrespect to him or his family and it's non of my business. I've met people that have had bad luck, even myself but, wow!

When stuff like that gets posted, i kinda makes you wonder.

:eek: Wow... I guess you find out who your real friends are huh? I am in the midst of a VERY messy divorce with a custody battle that is now crossing state lines. I have lost my family, my children, my home, my business, and my NSX... No internet access for the last three weeks, and I return to Prime to find this... :redface:

I don't know the fate of 81, and don't really care anymore. I've got bigger fish...

JH4NA21685S000081

:eek: Wow... I guess you find out who your real friends are huh? I am in the midst of a VERY messy divorce with a custody battle that is now crossing state lines. I have lost my family, my children, my home, my business, and my NSX... No internet access for the last three weeks, and I return to Prime to find this... :redface:

I don't know the fate of 81, and don't really care anymore. I've got bigger fish...

JH4NA21685S000081

Shifty, this is the first time i have EVER heard any details about your situation. I never thought to look in the "divorce" thread to get answers about questions in this thread. I wondered, but didn't ask or pry. We had a good time when i came to LA but, i didn't feel asking about your personal life was my place and really not knowing if or should i call. I've had a few of the same things happen in my life over the last 1.5 years that you have, except the marriage, but i choose not to put any of my business on a public forum(except the death of Len3.8). I doubt anybody would have been drawn any conclusions about your car or anything else, had they known.

Even with all the sympathy and pep talks you get in a crisis, it's still a crisis and we handle things differently. I have just come around to accepting the good with the bad. Some shit don't make sense, but you have to make sense of it to move on.

Take your time to deal with your things, the way YOU see fit and in your own time. If you ever need anything, you know how to each me. I'll do what i can. I'm not in MO anymore(relocated to texas), but i have a plenty of home space and a lots of time now if you need any of it. I'm sure your real friends from nsxprime feel the same way.:biggrin:

Peace

Get used to it Primers; as our beloved NSXs become a feasable alternative to Civics and used Preludes, crap like this is only going to get way worse as PRIME is flooded by people who, not only dont give a shit about the community because they're new, dont care to give a shit about the community.

NSXNation is upon us. And it is going to suck.

Say it ain't so, Bio.
I've waded into the Civic forums morass as late as last week and left in frustration. In the name of science I defy any of you to get into one of those websites and locate any information of direct, applicable utility in under 15 minutes.
My point is that for now this place is still, comparatively, heaven.

I put in a call to the insurance co today... apparently it was found in the port of San Diego last week. He did not have much info... :frown:

Last edited:
I put in a call to the insurance co today... apparently it was found in the port of San Diego last week. He did not have much info other than the fact that there was no body damage and it had mismatching wheels! So keep your eyes out for the BoboBlingski custom wheels! :frown:

Woah! So would you consider taking the car back now that its been recovered?

I'm glad they recovered it man it sounds like it was about to be shipped out! :eek:

I think he may have already gotten payment from the insurance company if I remember correctly... and I think he said he didn't want anything to do with the car even if its found. Hopefully it won't become a salvage title and someone will be able to revive it and DRIVE it! :biggrin:

That's the only kind I buy!:wink: :biggrin:

who are you kidding,you just want an infamous nsx with a criminal past:wink: You are probably hoping for blood stains on the interior to add to the allure.:eek:

Hahaha... you guys crack me up. Like Vultures circling overhead! I know it's all in good fun though.

I have no intention of buying the car back. With my current situation I am in no shape whatsoever to be doing anything of the sort (my lawyer would have a heart attack)!

But, even IF I could buy it back, I wouldn't. The car is ruined for me. Once I'm ready, I think I might start looking for a nice Imola! :biggrin: It will be a couple of years though. With the way this divorce is shaping out to be, I plan on having my hands tied for the next few years... :redface:

Back