• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

top speed

Hugh said:
It's got a few mods but no forced induction. The video of the turbo Busa wheelieing its way up to the 240 region is my friend Kevin who installs velocity racing turbo kits on them here in South Florida. There's something about 500 or 600 HP on a 500 lound vehicle that keeps sending a "no don't do it" message to my subconcious. :) A stock Busa is plenty fast for me.

i've seen that vid.... you guys are nuts. it's amazing how fast it gets there too... forget cars, you can't match that.

i also saw a vid of a busa hittin 701whp on the dyno. that's insane. i can't imagine 700hp out of a car, let alone a damn bike. :cool:

not due to drag, but due to TCS... what i mean is that with the TCS on, the speed cannot go more than 280km/h.
pedal to the floor, my '91 will climb up to 287 kph and then there is like an invisible barrier. I always thought it was the wind resistance, since there was always like another extra 1000 revs till the rev limiter would go into action. Thanks to our friend from Lisbon we now have an explanation.

Hugh said:
Have your window alignement checked. My car is a relatively quiet even at speeds approaching 150 MPH.
dido
no wind or air noise.
but i was not going 150mph:wink:

mastaf said:
pedal to the floor, my '91 will climb up to 287 kph and then there is like an invisible barrier. I always thought it was the wind resistance, since there was always like another extra 1000 revs till the rev limiter would go into action. Thanks to our friend from Lisbon we now have an explanation.

Do you have like the only NSX in Istanbul?

Hugh said:
Have your window alignement checked. My car is a relatively quiet even at speeds approaching 150 MPH.

any advice on this??
Ive had my T for almost 3 years and have complained about the exact same thing a good 20+ times just to get a "we cant test it to verify or to know if we fixed it" crap.....or I get bitched at for going so fast
once they told me it wouldnt make any difference :rolleyes:
still despite the noice and it pulling me to one side, Ive made it up to 155 once, soon as I fix it Im toppin it out!!!:biggrin:

Dan Ciesniewski said:
any advice on this??
Ive had my T for almost 3 years and have complained about the exact same thing a good 20+ times just to get a "we cant test it to verify or to know if we fixed it" crap.....or I get bitched at for going so fast
once they told me it wouldnt make any difference :rolleyes:
still despite the noice and it pulling me to one side, Ive made it up to 155 once, soon as I fix it Im toppin it out!!!:biggrin:
Hey Dann the mann... ;) I've never had a problem with the T loosing air... even at 160 (edit:162/3 my top speed)! until!!! just about one week ago. I found out it's time to replace the weather stripping b/w the window and targa.... just worn a bit.... but before that, no problems.....

ps. i will be meeting up with y'all the 29th I am going to Miami tomorrow but will be returning Tuesday night.....

Last edited:
To those whose windows start to shake at high speeds, you need to realign your window. It's been discussed quite a few times on Prime in the past. There's a procedure in the service manual for the DIY'ers.

You would actually want as little downforce as possible. Downforce is good for corners, not top speed.

Frank Oles said:
Is there a gear ratio available/tire combo that would allow an NSX to reach the magic 200mph barrier? Estimates of the amount of HP it would take?

Hey, if a guy can hit 198 on an old Indian motorcycle...

Are any of the people who have attempted top speed runs using ducted hoods? Seems like this is one mod that would have a huge effect on reducing lift/increasing stability at high speeds.

Speaking of hoods, I seem to remember in one of the auto mags a while back when they were performing top speed runs, they had a lot of problems with stock hoods lifting up and bowing from air pressure under the hoods. Anyone experience any hood lifting?

I also have some whistling noises coming from right passenger window at 120-150.......I guess my window is not aligned correctly. Anyone else getting the whistling noise at that speed?

ediddynsx said:
I also have some whistling noises coming from right passenger window at 120-150.......I guess my window is not aligned correctly. Anyone else getting the whistling noise at that speed?

I too have this issue.:frown: but i rarely drive at those speeds. :tongue:

I have it too. Not really a problem for me.
ediddynsx said:

TURBO2GO said:
Do you have like the only NSX in Istanbul?
There is one more with an Acura badge imported from US in 1995, mine is the only one with Honda badge. It was the car displayed in Paris autoshow and various other European cities before being sent to the Istanbul Autoshow. Although its a 91, it was not on the road till 92.

MiamiMermaid said:
Hey Dann the mann... ;) I've never had a problem with the T loosing air... even at 160 (edit:162/3 my top speed)! until!!! just about one week ago. I found out it's time to replace the weather stripping b/w the window and targa.... just worn a bit.... but before that, no problems.....

ps. i will be meeting up with y'all the 29th I am going to Miami tomorrow but will be returning Tuesday night.....

163?!?!!?:eek:
crazy chica!!!:biggrin:

I think my problem is from air along the A pilar, and that weather strip is ike $600!!!:eek: I should check out the top one too :)

I keep telling them it needs to be alligned but I get BS from them, theyve even told me several times it cant be. :rolleyes: l

till its fixed Im going "slow"...not more than 120...ish ;)

Mermi, are ya gonna meet up with me in Indy or in Louisville???

Don't know about the other WOMAN NSX owners...but I've had mine up to 130many times. No traffic in sight with windows open and the TSC on. No track use.
Kind of surreal. Time seems to stand still and the car seems to actually get more stable. The little clock adjust lid flaps up & down like a butterfly flapping it's wings.
Kind of remins me of the old TV show "The Wild Wild West" ! Don't notice the speed until you realize how fast the scenery is flying by.
Have never driven faster than that, as I was uncertain what would happen.
Seems speed is in part, state of mind. But, the thought of anything faster without being on a track...just creeped me out! :biggrin:

Synthesis said:
i also saw a vid of a busa hittin 701whp on the dyno. that's insane.

Yuppers. That was a 1999 Busa that won the recent DynoJet Horsepower Challenge. he same guy also entered a second Busa that came in at second place at over 600 HP. Dynojet better up the limit on their dynos from the current 750HP before the next gen Busa comes out. God only knows what insane numbers that beast will produce.

I've ridden a 450HP Busa and couldn't even begin to imagine what 700HP would be like. The tire on the 450HP bike could barely make traction even in the upper gears.

This one is still one of my favorite Busa vids. My buddy Kevin on a turbo Busa. Watching the speedo is simply hypnotic until the speedo reaches its limit and the bike keeps accelerating (watch the tach after the speedo gets pegged)!

Last edited:
Hugh said:
Are you using the stock one or the Dali De-Luxe Flux?
Neither. I'm using the Volvo-Delor model, which has been adapted by Mark Basch to fit the reverse time extrapolator CPU to boost performance by another 130%. It also has the RF shielding necessary to withstand the concussion from going so fast at 55mph.

Here's a photo of it in the prior car that was extracted from:

IanCrashedVolvo92(bl).jpg

Hugh said:
Yuppers. That was a 1999 Busa that won the recent DynoJet Horsepower Challenge. he same guy also entered a second Busa that came in at second place at over 600 HP. Dynojet better up the limit on their dynos from the current 750HP before the next gen Busa comes out. God only knows what insane numbers that beast will produce.

I've ridden a 450HP Busa and couldn't even begin to imagine what 700HP would be like. The tire on the 450HP bike could barely make traction even in the upper gears.

This one is still one of my favorite Busa vids. My buddy Kevin on a turbo Busa. Watching the speedo is simply hypnotic until the speedo reaches its limit and the bike keeps accelerating (watch the tach after the speedo gets pegged)!

yeah, that's the exact vid i was talking about, actually. crazy stuff. i can't even imagine...... do you ever take the nsx out and yell at it for being too slow? :smile:

Synthesis said:
yeah, that's the exact vid i was talking about, actually. crazy stuff. i can't even imagine...... do you ever take the nsx out and yell at it for being too slow? :smile:

Hell no! On a twisty road it would eat a Busa for lunch. Anyone can go fast in a straight line. *YAWN* Shit, give Helen Keller the right car and she'd set a new land speed record. It's all about the twisties. :)

MiamiMermaid said:
Hey Dann the mann... ;) I've never had a problem with the T loosing air... even at 160 (edit:162/3 my top speed)!

Oh pullleaaazzeeeee.....

Even if the space shuttle took your NSX into orbit and released it from the cargo bay just as it were re-entering Earth's atmosphere it still wouldn't go 162 mph. :biggrin:

yeah, but it'd be nice for it to take off on the straights like that....

somebody should strip down the nsx to 1000 lbs and slap a turbod busa engine in it hehe

Back