• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trading my NSX for an Intergra Type R.

I have never driven a ITR so I will be swapping my NSX for an ITR for couple hours so he can enjoy a NSX and I can experience an ITR. Call me crazy but im excited. In couple weeks though once my car is back together. I hope I dont get dissapointed because I do plan on buying an ITR in near future.

I have a 2000 yellow itr, engine built by comptech for racing (only has a 1k on rebuild) jdm final gear on transmission, jdm front end, mugen mf-10 for rims. Will to trade for nsx.

Love to find a completely OEM ITR. However I am not willing to pay the price. Still love the car though

I have a 2000 yellow itr, engine built by comptech for racing (only has a 1k on rebuild) jdm final gear on transmission, jdm front end, mugen mf-10 for rims. Will to trade for nsx.

Dont think you will find someone to actually trade. I am just doing it for an hour or so and thats cruising together so I can keep an eye on my car.

Love to find a completely OEM ITR. However I am not willing to pay the price. Still love the car though

I would be willing on a nice OEM one. Not now because I would like to save up to buy it outright without dipping into savings. I would also drive less than the NSX considering it will be a much bigger target for theft due to parts being able to go into regular integra.

Any good ITR forums ya know about?

ITR undoubtedly an incredible car, but the NSX is just a whole new ballgame.

The torque difference alone will make you crawl back to the NSX :)

Bought one in 1997 strictly for the track. Could not even think of driving it on the street as a DD. Noisy, stiff and raw. I suppose it is OK if you are under 20, i was not. BTW, did not bond with the car on the track; FWD was not and will never be my cup of tea.

Bought one in 1997 strictly for the track. Could not even think of driving it on the street as a DD. Noisy, stiff and raw. I suppose it is OK if you are under 20, i was not. BTW, did not bond with the car on the track; FWD was not and will never be my cup of tea.

Wow, I had the opposite feeling. Drove the piss out of it on the track and it felt like a rear wheel drive car. Easy to rotate and never felt on the edge. Felt like a shifter kart (almost)

In stock form they are still rather comfortable without being too compromising. Did you ever drive a normal one?

I would be willing on a nice OEM one. Not now because I would like to save up to buy it outright without dipping into savings. I would also drive less than the NSX considering it will be a much bigger target for theft due to parts being able to go into regular integra.

Any good ITR forums ya know about?

anyone know this answer? I want to start looking into them in case I like it.

I hope it's not against the rules to post a link to another forum from on here but since you asked honda-tech.com integra type r forum. That is where we all hang out. Seeing all the ITR love in this thread makes me smile.

I hope it's not against the rules to post a link to another forum from on here but since you asked honda-tech.com integra type r forum. That is where we all hang out. Seeing all the ITR love in this thread makes me smile.

http://forums.itrexpo.com

That's where the core community is. What's left on Honda-Tech is mostly hellaflush kids.

Type-R Integra prices are crazy for a matching number car. I was thinking of getting rid of my 99ls and picking up an R now that I can, but not for the prices they are going for...

team-integra.net used to be a really good resource, but in the past few years has gone downhill. Only a handful of R owners there now.

Check honda-tech.com The ITR forum there was the most active and has monthly listings for ITRs... don't know what it is like now though.

It was the place to go until the InternetBrands acquisition in 2008... Since the core group is at http://forums.itrexpo.com

It's by far the best place to find one for sale too.

Much of the original west coast ITR dudes congregate at the nwp4life forums.

Last edited:
Love to find a completely OEM ITR. However I am not willing to pay the price.
Gotta pay to play.

Mine's OEM but not for sale. :)

Look away for 5 mins and it'll be gone and on it's way to New Mexico. Just be careful with where you leave it lol
I've had mine eleven years, including 70K+ total miles and 10K+ actual track miles. I daily drove it for a while too. It's still in my garage. And in my avatar.

Wow, I had the opposite feeling. Drove the piss out of it on the track and it felt like a rear wheel drive car. Easy to rotate and never felt on the edge. Felt like a shifter kart (almost)
iagree.gif

Back