• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Transforming a 93 BB

After reading TURBO2GO post about waiting too long to start a build thread I figured I might as well start now as opposed to later. Otherwise I would be paying for it down the road trying to remember everything I've done. To be honest, I have never put one of these together before so be patient if the layout is off. Apologies in advance.

This is what the car looked like the day I picked her up a few months ago. As you can tell it was a nice car to start with. I can't say enough about how great the previous owner took care of his car. He owned if for nearly 20 years! A great find indeed.

So the prior owner had the seats done in red alcantara. It was showing its age and had started fading from red to well.. as my brother put it the first time he saw the car.... pink.

The first mod I made (besides hardwiring my V-1) was to have some upholstery work done. As you can see.... Transformed! Pinky to black.

One day I shut my passenger door and the trim sash flew off. After some investigating it looked like some rookie stereo installer didn't know how to remove the trim properly and just broke them off. Both sides! He affixed them back with squirts of caulking. That wasn't going to cut it. I contacted Prime member Shawn and he sent me the correct and proper parts. I highly recommend using him for whatever you can get from the guy. Great service.

So rather than list all my "eventual" mods I will just post them up as they come to life. I can't say thank you enough to all the Primers who have helped me out with suggestions and advice over the last few months via PM. This is a great community and resource. I'll do my best to pass along my knowledge as I get more and more familiar with the car. Its a ton of fun so far.

I wanted to see how the console would look cleaned up. So I hunted around and picked up a carbon center console. Of course if this was my target, I would need to find an alternative to a standard head unit. After some researching and help from the prime members I went with the Kicker PXIBT 50.2. Pretty handy device. The idea is to give you amplified stereo anywhere. The unit itself carries a 2x25watt amplifier that has enough juice to make some decent mids sound good. The unit via Bluetooth streams your music from your phone. In my situation I plugged the kicker unit into my existing aftermarket amplified system and it works awesome. I put it all back together and here is the final product. I think I am going to add a small in line EQ that will give me the ability to adjust my base and treble with a little more accuracy. Other than that, everything is controlled via my cell phone.

01dbc648ea7ddda8af8eabeba2af1297.jpg

7711aff281784f8e353cd4362c2b7cf4.jpg

Last edited:
Back