• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Trying to make a decision JH4NA1189S1000625

Trying to make a decision

To 95 or not to 95 that is the question
Wanted to know if anyone has had any dealings with Rayco Eurospec Motors in PA. I am going to test drive a red 95 T top and also wanted to know if there is anything special to be aware of
This is the car http://www.raycoeuro.com/html/95AcuraNSXTRedTan.html
I have a deposit on it at this point subject to inspection and a test drive. Is $40k a good price or do 95's usually sell for less

Any info anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Appears like a reasonable deal if the car is in well maintained shape. One thing you need to be aware of is the Timing belt/water pump. If it hasn't been replaced it needs to be done b/c its due. Check the Faq section here, you will find it valuable tool loaded w/info and market value grading. It would certainly be helpful to know certain things before to make a trip. Good luck and welcome to Prime

I've been looking around the tri state area for a while now. theres another red/tan 95 at pro-auto.com near rayco but that one has been there for a long time. I dunno if anything is wrong with it but i've seen it there at least 5 months. Its listed on their site for 44k but was on cars.com for 42k, im sure they would let that go for 40k.

The one at rayco just got there a few weeks ago. They've sold a few nsx so at least they have some experience w/ the car.

Go test drive both and see what happens, good luck!

Great looking NSX, but the price seems a bit high. Offer them $38k cash and see what they say. It really depends on you and how bad you want that particular NSX. It is just a game when it comes to pricing and you usually have to play it...

I'm sorry I did not happen on this post sooner,I live near Rayco and looked at that car ,I think it has some cosmetic issues so pm me and We'll talk.I coud try to be there with my car so you have a good comparison.

Comparison???????????

docjohn said:
I'm sorry I did not happen on this post sooner,I live near Rayco and looked at that car ,I think it has some cosmetic issues so pm me and We'll talk.I coud try to be there with my car so you have a good comparison.

Come on now Doc, how could any NSX compare with your car, the sound, the look, the look, oooooops:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Test drive scheduled for this weekend

Unfortunately (fortunately???) work has been keeping me from my fun. Thanks to docjohn I may go in armed with some additional information on the condition of the car.

I hope the next post will be a photo of me and my car instead of what next.

Thanks to everyone for your help and encouragement:D

I'll keep you posted

If docjohn reads this please PM, email or call me so we can talk further.

Thanks

My New Ride

It's MINE ALLLL MINE 95 NSX-T
Now I know what all of you have been so fanatic about! Spent 2+ hours going over the car with the checklist from our FAQ. Then another hour test driving on twisted and straight roads. Cut the final deal with Rayco (the owner/principal Mike is a great guy with lots of helpful info) and then spent the next 3 hours drivin home.

The NSX has to be the sweetest ride on earth! Spent most of the time at the high end of the speedo while the Valentine 1 watched for smokies.

I am a firm believer now! Not that I ever doubted this was one great car. Over the past few weeks I have looked at, tested, and twisted several to find this ride. In the end the color and quality of this car won me over.

Thanks for all your help, suggestions, etc. and next time there's a meeting in the tri-state area I'm up for the challenge.

This weekend was not the best weather for photos of the car (see attachment). I will take a bunch and post them soon.

Looking forward to seeing you on the road

Attachments

• redrider.jpg
    redrider.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 238
Pro Auto

After you told me about the car I called. It was already gone.

Thanks

Great news,the best purchase is the one your happy and satisfied with!we'll see you at the next NE event or on the road.

Congratulations on your NSX. I'm glad you got treated well there. I also checked out a 97 NSX-T red/black from then and also spoke to docjohn about it (about a year and a half ago). (It had about 30k miles on it at that time). docjohn seemed pretty nice over the phone, but didn't get a chance to meet him.

I talked to the sales guy there and he told me to come up. I lived in MD so it was a 3-4 hour hike from my house. Drove up with a friend and met the sales guy. He claimed that he didn't say it was available for a test drive. (What a liar!)

Talked to Mike and had to prove I was from MD by showing my license. Thought I was some kid trying to go for a joy ride. How many kids drive up in an RL? Mike was rude to me until I got pissed. I actually apologized to them! for taking up their time told them I had a another NSX I needed to look over. Then Mike does a 180 and tells me how sorry he is. He still doesn't let me drive it, but drives me around in it. On the drive he tells me that are are pleny of people who come in and just want joy rides. Riding in an NSX does nothing for me. Wasted the rest of the day driving back.

The next day, I went with a Yellow 97 NSX that had 11k miles on it at a higher price. She had no problems giving me the keys and went with me to get it inspected at the dealer. In the end, I'm glad I went with the yellow one. Maybe Rayco did me a favor.

Not sure if I will ever go back to Rayco.

- William
-------------
97 NSX-T
Spa Yellow

Last edited:
Back