• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

turbo-ing the NSX?

Thom said:
Not much room and you'll heat up the gas tank real nice. BOOM!
Yup

If the turbo was made for water cooling, I would use it. My experience with non-water cooled turbos goes back 25 years when I turbocharged my car, a "91 VW Scirocco. It originally had a non-water cooled turbo with bronze bearings. The bearings would last only 25,000 miles. After going through 2 sets of bearings, I changed to a water cooled turbo and it lasted 125,000+ miles. I also found in my turbo that it ran better on Mobile 1.
My current twin turbo NSX is running water cooled ball bearing turbos. I think they should give faster response and bearing life. There is A LOT OF PLUMBING however and it will take a considerable amount of time and effort to make it an "elegant" installation that you said you are looking for.
I couldn't figure out how to send photos since my files are too large. If you send me an email I'll try sending some photos.

I also have a twinturbo setup. I am takeing out my old Aroedyne kit and custome making my own new kit. Unfortunately My project is taking me alot longer than anticipated. My kit includes the GT28r. I am planning to route
the water lines into my heater hoses. Where do you have yours connected
to ( Steven Lee) I would love to see how you did yours just to get
some better idea's.
Nook. :smile:

Keen said:
Were are you tapping into the cooling system to cool the turbos
Good question.
And now that you have already done the installation, do you have any ideas that it would have been better to do it another way, or are you pleased with your current plumbing?

Back