• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Turn Signal LED DRLs

I really love this mod. My car is pretty much stock (all mods can be reversed pretty easily). I was toying with the idea of buying new housings and trying to fabricate this up. My question is would a shade tree mechanic be able to perform this with good success? I'd hate to spend several hundred dollars and end up with a paper weight. To the OP....where is the "buy it now" button???

Britlude, very cool write up. I am interested in how you did the lexan piece. In a few weeks I am going to start playing around with vacuum forming lexan/plastic. Actually my goal is to create my own housing that sits flush with the bumper made out of lexan or something similar.

@ Aluminsx I never really intended to go into production, but several have asked me to make them a set. I think it would be kinda cool to see something I made on someone else's car. So I may do a very limited run. I want to make sure there are no bugs before I start making sets, so I might start in a few weeks. I am sure you could do it yourself if you took the time, especially if you are just using the relays. It gets a little tricky when you start using the microcontrollers, but a lot more fun :)

Last edited:
I want one too! minus the start up sequence. I wanna start my car in stealth....

Back