• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TV Show My Ride Rules - My Car is Busy this Year!

375298_10150431286168291_500348290_8279186_364828307_n-1.jpg

My Ride Rules lets four ultra-competitive, thrill-seeking motor heads, who think their car is best, take a spin together in each other’s rides to see whose car really comes out on top and whose is left in the dust!

Back in October I got word the TV Show "My Ride Rules" which airs on Speed Channel was coming to Atlanta to get cars for the next seasons' show. I had only seen the show a few times so I didn't think it was that popular with gearheads.

Well when I went in for the initial interview, there were over 500 cars. (mostly older classics and corvettes) The overlooked me and the my NSX several times (I think my car was too low behind the Camaro next to me) so I called them over to my car. They took some pictures and got my info; a week later they called and said I made it to the next round.

My on camera interview would be on Oct 31. I was nervous but figured it had to be fun. They were looking for animated people who LOVED their cars so I showed them exactly what they were looking for. A month later I got an email taking me to the final interview process and background test. Some how I passed and made it to the show.... (over 2000 cars went out for this)

Well this past week they began filming here in Atlanta. I have to say it was an all day process. I filmed Monday 7-5pm and again 7-5pm yesterday. We have the final taping next Saturday so until then, we do not know who is the winner.

For those of you who have never seen the show, I think only one Honda has been on the show and it was a back up vehicle (1984 Honda Accord) so I really wanted to show that Acura and Honda still had more than enough to compete with the muscles cars and those big V8s.

I have to be honest, I was quite surprised when I found out what cars I was going against. At first, I thought it was a Ford GT and a 1970 Garage Queen Camaro but the GT was not there and the Camaro owner was very difficult. You need up to date personal vehicle insurance as well as a perfect driving record and I guess he didn't pass. Most of the time they record each episode at your home but for the sake of time, they found a centralized neighborhood with nice homes so we could film all 4 cars. The Final show will be at Turner Stadium (Home of the Atlanta Braves)

We got paid $500 for filming and the winner gets an additional $1000.

Overall I am excited I made it this far; they chose my NSX out of 2,000 cars interviewed here in Georgia.

I hope I represented the NSX community well. I tried to though out a shout out or two.

Here are some photos from the days. Unfortunately I can't show you the other cars yet. (I learned my lesson from the Fast Five set) but as soon as the show airs (probably mid March to Mid April) I will post the rest.

20120118_085944.jpg

20120118_074731.jpg

20120118_083916.jpg

20120118_084707.jpg

20120118_082424.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

20120118_160819.jpg

20120118_160900.jpg

20120118_105021.jpg

20120118_102530.jpg

Here is a link to the show if you have never seen it

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/my-r...e-rules-video/

Last edited:
Congrats!!!!!

This is so cool.

I will keep an eye out for your episode.
Let us know here on Prime when it airs so we can all enjoy it.

It is nice to be given props for such a sweet ride :wink:

LUCKY BASTARD!!! Every time I watch that show I wish I could have my car up there, but I wouldn't want to let the other ppl drive it though lol. Congrats.

Having other people drive your car is very concerning but even if you are not in the car, there are 10+ cameras recording the entire ride.

The stepped up the level of cars so I think everyone has $$$ invested across the board. I believe 2 of the other 3 cars were valued higher than mine

Awesome man! Congrats! Can't wait to see the final show production, gotta set up my DVR to start recording it.

I liked the episode with the girl and the bone stock jaguar. She thought it was the sh!t. :rolleyes:
After reading your post about the process about them choosing cars, how the heck did she make it on the show?

I was wondering when you were going to announce it. Let us know when it airs Alex....Congrats!!!!
Id love to hear their quirky comments when they drive someones car. You can tell the real car guys or girls

I liked the episode with the girl and the bone stock jaguar. She thought it was the sh!t. :rolleyes:
After reading your post about the process about them choosing cars, how the heck did she make it on the show?

A lot of time when you see a crappy or stock car, something happened where a person dropped out. In that case, they liked the Jaguar girl because she was crazy.

The episode with the red F355, that was a back up car. The original car was a Testarossa that broke down on the way to the set.

They also like to have at least one female who is an actually owner of the car. I am sure you can tell what female has "borrowed" the car :wink:

Congrats. I watched a few of the episodes and lost interest. But I'll definitely look out for your episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BITCHEN DUDE!!! I can't wait to hear see it!
I see the value of our rides rising $$$ :biggrin:
2012 is starting out great!

They have already had an NSX on that show, it won too. I bet that episode is around the net somewhere. It was widebody and extremely modified.

i watched a few also, i felt embarassed for the owners... i guess money and "fame" make people do all kinds of stupid things.

i recall the r8 and the bmw m3... generally nice cars, except the owners were douches and the bags they came in.

No offense to the op but most of the people who go on that show act the fool at the very least. The producers promote that behavior though from what the OP describes- they want everyone to act like they think their car is the best car ever. It's a pretty whimsical show though but hopefully more impressionable don't get the wrong message. I saw that tesla one, no way that car is better than a 355 in any way except has mileage.

Best of luck.

I watch that show only occasionally, and even then it's to steal a glimpse at Ginny Jones. Did you get to meet her?

:biggrin:

These reality shows look for people with "personalities", basically people who can make fools out of themselves on tv, just like American idols in the early rounds. Regular people are too boring to watch. We all love watching trainwrecks, and that what many reality shows are about.

No offense to the op but most of the people who go on that show act the fool at the very least. The producers promote that behavior though from what the OP describes- they want everyone to act like they think their car is the best car ever. It's a pretty whimsical show though but hopefully more impressionable don't get the wrong message. I saw that tesla one, no way that car is better than a 355 in any way except has mileage.
Yeah, who in there right mind would pick a Tesla over a 355? :confused:

Back