• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TV show note - Hist. Intl.

Just a quick FYI note re: a TV show I happened across in the listings. Might have been posted already - don't really have time to search right now. Haven't seen it, so I don't know how good it is.
Network: History International
Series: Voyages
Episode title: Automobiles:Honda NSX
Duration: 1:00
Air times: Tue. 010207 @ 10:00 EST, Tue. 010207 @ 16:00 EST, Wed. 010307 @ 04:00 EST.

Well, looks like I'll be disappointed. Just had time to do a quick scan to ensure that it did air and did get recorded, but from what I could tell this show appears to be a 're-badged' show which aired some time ago on "The History Channel" as part of their Automobiles series; not a "new" production or show largely about the NSX as I'd hoped (and the title suggests). If so it's certainly a good show and a must-see for any Honda/NSX fan (I'll likely watch it again), but the actual NSX content is limited to the last 5-10 minutes; albeit very good NSX content and well worth seeing. Rats!

You are absolutely correct. You can actually buy the episode from Amazon.com or History Channel.com 25 bucks (DVD).

It has been out for several years now

http://store.aetv.com/html/search/searchindex.jhtml?search=nsx&x=0&y=0&itemType=All&key=||nsx||&_requestid=426974

I may have seen it previously, and unfortunately an episode on the science channel was running concurrently on the inevitable collapse of the milky way that I found more interesting. To think, all those billions of galaxies out there that have not yet heard about the Honda NSX. :confused:

I just get the regular History Channel, not the International one. Does this show ever show up there? I've had a TiVo keyword wishlist for "NSX" at the top of my queue for years, and it's never hit :(.

I may have seen it previously, and unfortunately an episode on the science channel was running concurrently on the inevitable collapse of the milky way that I found more interesting. To think, all those billions of galaxies out there that have not yet heard about the Honda NSX. :confused:
Hey John - I love the Science Channel too. I missed that show. What is the collapse about? Is it the big black hole in the center sucking everything in?

Hey John - I love the Science Channel too. I missed that show. What is the collapse about? Is it the big black hole in the center sucking everything in?

It wasn't on black holes, this was an episode on the inevitable collision between our Milky Way and our neighboring Andromeda galaxy, as they inevitably become in-tangled in each others gravitation pull some 3 billion years from now. Coincidently, around the time when our star becomes a red giant and consumes the inner solar system, finally wiping out all the hippies.

Actually, on a car related note, there has been an episode on Discovery Times called "Corvette: Rebuilding an Icon." airing around 2AM lately... that detailed the process of testing the C6 at the ring and on the back roads of Detroit, and what went into that project from proving grounds to show room, and keeping it away from the spy photographers. A good watch.

It wasn't on black holes, this was an episode on the inevitable collision between our Milky Way and our neighboring Andromeda galaxy, as they inevitably become in-tangled in each others gravitation pull some 3 billion years from now. Coincidently, around the time when our star becomes a red giant and consumes the inner solar system, finally wiping out all the hippies.

Actually, on a car related note, there has been an episode on Discovery Times called "Corvette: Rebuilding an Icon." airing around 2AM lately... that detailed the process of testing the C6 at the ring and on the back roads of Detroit, and what went into that project from proving grounds to show room, and keeping it away from the spy photographers. A good watch.
Thanks for the info John. Can you write software to save us? :)

I love astronomy and one of my biggest hobby is watching shows about the universe. It's so damn strange and incredible.

Back