• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ultimate Hybrid NSX Project

COOL Box Install

Yes, I'm STILL working on the inside! Decided to engineer a passenger seat mount system that allows for quick seat install & remove, AND doubles as Cool Shirt Cooler & fire suppression mount. The fire bottle (not pictured) lies horizontally in front of "cradle", & is fixed. Also, the dry-sump tank will have an insulated CF surround to completely isolate from cabin.

DSC_0586.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0589.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0591.jpg

I was hoping to get a few more inquiries before I spilled the beans. I may have taken the very first photos of it in public! I literally was just walking into Concourso Italiano (Monterey Week), when they were just opening the back of the trailer to unload it.

Here's a hint; it's Made in America.....I THINK it's an LS7 or LS9, but they never opened the engine bay (I was squinting through the louvers!). I even got a shot of the interior, but they asked me not to use it, since it wasn't completely finished yet. I will say it was VERY nice build quality for a prototype,....could use some more "gap-work" though!

Too funny, I must have been standing right next to you as I was there when they were unloading it as well. *lol* Did you stick around long enough to see the Gallardo in the sand trap?

Saleen S7 power steering..... well done lol :wink:

FYI....Woodward had to create a rack with beefier seals & pistons for the Saleen racecar because it reportedly was generating nearly 4000 lbs of downforce during testing! Every Woodward rack is custom-built for the customer because there are so many variables that need to be incorporated for optimum performance!

Front ARB Geometry

The rusty tubing in photo is only a "dummy"....for positioning & checking clearances & determining "blade" positions & arc plane.

DSC_0639.jpg

DSC_0637.jpg

Also just finished High MPH battery box today.....just have to mill an oblong hole in the lid for cables / pigtail........WAY cool.....photos soon!

Engine Bay Fuel Cell Partitions

These are the enclosures for the twin fuel cells.....weld-in on 2 sides, & epoxy in on 2 sides (top & front ).....so I don't mess up the pretty painted side of the firewall inside the cabin!

DSC_0649.jpg

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0655.jpg

DSC_0662.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

I uploaded all of these just to keep up with Fraser!

Last edited:
The more I read this thread the more confused I get.

Made Some Hi-MPH Battery Tray Bolts

FYI; Odessey battery fits just behind "swiss cheese" 1/2" plate, inside a fully-enclosed aluminum can (not pictured). Had to make the stand-off bolts to clear "mini-rack" (pictured in previous posts 135 & 150)....so battery tray can be removed in a hurry (battery drops down from bottom).

View attachment 79989
What is the red and black thing on the right side of the pic?

Power steering unit from post #204 maybe?

Correct!.....that's the Woodward "servo".....for the POWER STEERING!
Picture in post 131 (page 6) shows how it positions relative to the rack. Post 204 shows all of the mental masturbation that was involved in designing the steering linkage necessary to "get from point A to point B".
FWIW, the Woodward universal joints are crafted like a Swiss watch....very precise & smooth (and small)!

200 MPH Battery Box

DSC_0672.jpg

DSC_0682.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0687.jpg

DSC_0691.jpg

DSC_0693.jpg

DSC_0695.jpg

Believe it or not, the single aspect of this "simple battery box" that I spent the most time "thinkin bout" is the way it mounts to the battery tray. Simple & secure, but I must have considered 20 other ways to do it!
I gotta get a social life!

PS.....Battery sits about 6" farther rearward than OEM placement.....it's also about HALF the weight!

Last edited:
Finally Home.....after 162 Days!

I picked up my racecar from my fabricators shop yesterday, where I had dropped it off on June 3rd! NOW I can make more rapid progress because I can work on it evenings & weekends, rather than only on Saturdays, & only for about 6 hrs per stint!

I will be spending serious assembly time on it this week to make it a "roller" for this weekend's Goodguys show in Scottsdale.....taking it off the rotissere & droping it on jackstands so I can work on the corners while sitting!

Finished (almost) the fuel cell "chambers" yesterday so I can now do mock-up of placement & brackets for alternator, oil pump, power steering pump, & tunnel-mounted fuel pump. Also have to finish "engineering" the front ARB blade mounts (on top of tunnel, inside cabin).

NOTE:....the fuel cell openings (in photos below) will be sealed off with .125" aluminum plate, which will be raised just enough to allow for C/F Gatorboard "aero-bottom" to flush into side rails of main tub.

DSC_0679.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

DSC_0681.jpg

Back