• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unique LED Turn Signal+Blinker Upgrade 91-01 NSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
When doe the orange lights come on? Do you have access to any other color of the carbon overlay? Like silver or grey.

Everything works the same as stock. The Running lights are white LEDS only, and the Amber LEDs are used for the blinker/hazards only! As far as the carbon fiber goes it is only available in the color trim you see in the pictures. I could use silver vinyl overlay if interested.

Everything works the same as stock. The Running lights are white LEDS only, and the Amber LEDs are used for the blinker/hazards only! As far as the carbon fiber goes it is only available in the color trim you see in the pictures. I could use silver vinyl overlay if interested.
What does the overlay do? The reason I was asking about silver is the overlay looks prettty dark but of course the black car would make it look dark on its own. My concern is that on a lighter colored car the lens will look like a black hole.

Roger, when mine come in, today or tomorrow, come over and we will put them in for you.
Then you will see.
Simple.
I am getting my car back today or tomorrow, so this will be perfect.
I am in Capilano. I work by 75st and Whytemud.
Trev

What does the overlay do? The reason I was asking about silver is the overlay looks prettty dark but of course the black car would make it look dark on its own. My concern is that on a lighter colored car the lens will look like a black hole.

I do agree with you on this one, and is something im really wanting to see since all I have done so far are black cars. If you do end up putting Trevs in I would love to see some photos. The overlay I was talking about would be placed were you see the carbon fiber inside the lens. I can also make a silver overlay that can be placed over the lens that would flow better with the car.

Ok, I received these babies yesterday finally.
Good thing you paid extra for Air mail that took two weeks.....lol.
Canada and parcels suck, well into Edmonton anyway, No border crossing for air or mail or central hub.
I was too lazy last nite to call Roger or put them in so they are with my freshly painted car here at work....might do them later here or at home tonite or tamara.
Excited about it for sure.
Roger you can call me at work if you want. 780-468-1110
Trev
P.S. What exactly is the screwdriver used and length of shaft to get these out.
Like a Philips #2 with 5" exposed or what? no sex jokes here please.

Last edited:
Good to hear Trev! Any long skinny Phillips should do the trick. The screws will stay attached with the assembly then just pull it out from there. I like to lay down some tape in the area you pull the lights out just so I dont scratch the surface paint. Install is about 15 minutes! If you have any question please ask.

P.S. What exactly is the screwdriver used and length of shaft to get these out.
Like a Philips #2 with 5" exposed or what? no sex jokes here please.

#2x5" is close but will work...a 6" will get it easily. no dice with a #2x4" and pretty much any socket or magnetic bit screwdriver will not since the barrel/shaft is too big for the plastic fastener containing the screw.

Had to put them in.
Sorry bout the bad Iphone pics downsized.
Videos coming.
Look wonderful in person.
Have to take out my Canadian DRL's (daytime running lights) and make these white leds on all the time instead.
Warren, where are you....
Thanks Mr. Mugen Kid
Trev
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8CVbnr2QmnQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8CVbnr2QmnQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1946IaxfHoM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1946IaxfHoM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attachments

• TrevsLedDriving01.jpg
    TrevsLedDriving01.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 187
  • TrevsLedDriving02.jpg
    TrevsLedDriving02.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 185
  • TrevsLedDriving03.jpg
    TrevsLedDriving03.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 183
  • TrevsLedDriving04.jpg
    TrevsLedDriving04.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 160
  • TrevsLedDriving05.jpg
    TrevsLedDriving05.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 207
  • TrevsLedDriving06.jpg
    TrevsLedDriving06.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 180
  • TrevsLedDriving07.jpg
    TrevsLedDriving07.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Dude you ROCK!! Thanks for getting me video and images. Looks great with the red too, I love it:eek: Sweet looking ride! Have a great weekend sir!

How is the brightness of the turn signals compared to the brightness of the DRLs? It looks like the brightness of the DRLs overpower the brightness of the turn signals, no?

The DRL's will be gone in a few days.
The white leds will be on all the time for DRL and Parking (Front Position) lights.
The Canadian DRL is a 1156 bulb and the light is yellowish compared.
By DRL I am referring to the Canadian Daytime Running Lights down in the A/C coil vent openings.
Trev
p.s. If you talking about the white leds compared to the yellow leds in the new Parking (Front Position) lights, then yes, I think that the yellow needs to be brighter.
Give me a few minutes, hours, days to look at these babies.

Last edited:
Another vid without Canadian DRL's and some pics.
Thanks once again!
Sending my cores back right away.
Trev

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMvENArhLBM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMvENArhLBM&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Attachments

• TrevsFrontNsxLeds11.jpg
    TrevsFrontNsxLeds11.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 131
  • TrevsFrontNsxLeds12.jpg
    TrevsFrontNsxLeds12.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 137
  • TrevsFrontNsxLeds13.jpg
    TrevsFrontNsxLeds13.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Would there be room for a second row of yellow LED's under the white LED's, then twe rows of yellow will hopefully be more apparent, at least the video suggest they are hard to make out.(signal's)

Last edited:
Would there be room for a second row of yellow LED's under the white LED's, then twe rows of yellow will hopefully be more apparent, at least the video suggest they are hard to make out.(signal's)

I think it would a very tight fit to try and fit a second row of amber LEDS with this design. As far as a different design it could be possible. These are brighter in person than the videos shown, but the white LEDS are brighter and depending on the design and position they can get faded out from the white LEDS.

Thanks again Trev for the other video! Look at them LEGS:eek::biggrin:

Last edited:
I was thinking a guy needs a sequencer to set this up neatly.
One could have the white leds turn off when the signal light is activated like the new vehicles.
Another thing I could do here since I have the Canadian DRL unit is to power the whites off of the DRL leads only. This way when the headlights are on, the white leds are off and only the amber signals would show when turning or using the flashers.
Just thinking out loud.
Trev

I did the signal light relay fix and now my rear and front Leds flash slower and more acceptable. Just have to do the Warrenw Diode power up from my Canadian DRL's and I'm done.
Here is some vid from our meet on Sunday, you can see the Front white leds and amber flashers.
Trev

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8HEZOpSv5o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8HEZOpSv5o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Can you show me a pic of 3 rows straight of the blue led's and the 3 rows of the amber cormers. I would be interested in that set. How much if you were to make one like that. Also if i sent you a jdm nsx-r "h" badge. Would you be able to make the "h" part in led's? Can you do that one photo were the black nsx is visable from a front shot with the red badge. I have the same setup badge and color car.

My email is [email protected]

Looks like you have my originals in your hands today.
Now you can make the next set.
NEXT!
Trev
You should see the looks I get with this set up.
People just stare and wonder what new Audi model is coming down the road at them.
The I go by and they keep looking.....wondering.......
Not bad for a 91 year vehicle....lol.

is there a reason the LEDs can't go further to the outside of the unit? A design that is easily identifiable as an NSXs would be good - just like how people identify the Audi design as being different from the Benz design...

Create it and He'll make it.
I can't believe people aren't doing this mod.
Its so much fun.
People just stare at my car.
I still can't pick my nose driving the NSX!
Trev

is there a reason the LEDs can't go further to the outside of the unit? A design that is easily identifiable as an NSXs would be good - just like how people identify the Audi design as being different from the Benz design...

The reason the LEDs are not going all the way accross is due to the OEM housing inside. When the OEM lens is off there is a flat surface on each side of the housing which will not allow you to go any further with the LEDs. Im sure you could cut it out, but im affaid it would make the housing weak and fragile!

I wanted to share with you all a straight design that will be going out to a customer today. Thanks for looking!

IMG_9721.jpg

IMG_9709.jpg

IMG_9694-1.jpg

Why does the fish have a hole in it...Does it go over the top of the beer bottle?
Can we not get fish without holes and maybe in Blue?
Trev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back