• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unique LED Turn Signal+Blinker Upgrade 91-01 NSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does the fish have a hole in it...Does it go over the top of the beer bottle?
Can we not get fish without holes and maybe in Blue?
Trev

The fish is actually a wine bottle holder, its pretty funny looking actually. I have a blue one if you are interested:biggrin:

The fish is actually a wine bottle holder, its pretty funny looking actually. I have a blue one if you are interested:biggrin:

can you wrap it in carbon fiber? LOL jk :wink:

These lights look great man! What type of relay are you using to prevent hyper-blink mode? Thx

can you wrap it in carbon fiber? LOL jk :wink:

These lights look great man! What type of relay are you using to prevent hyper-blink mode? Thx

Thank you very much. To eliminate hyper blinking I just solder the +|- wires back onto the bulb connectors on the back of the housing, then glue them back in place.

Thank you very much. To eliminate hyper blinking I just solder the +|- wires back onto the bulb connectors on the back of the housing, then glue them back in place.

ah ok thats interesting...

so when someone is installing them, do they just take out the bulbs and just connect the empty sockets and they're done?

I don't think he's talking about how the purchaser connects these light to the original wiring when he receives his units. But yes, you just connect these up like stock lights.
I had bad hyper-blinking since I had led rears.
With just the rears, I didn't find the faster blinking on my car.
When I added the fronts, the blinking was so so fast, so I did the 91 relay cut for the turn signals on the module under the drivers dash.
The emergency flashers where never a problem for me and flash normally.
Trev

ah ok thats interesting...

so when someone is installing them, do they just take out the bulbs and just connect the empty sockets and they're done?

When I send these lights to a customer when finished with their upgrade it looks the exact same way as it does stock. Only thing different is the bulb socket can not be removed because I glue them back in place so no one pulls them out and disrupts the connection on the back side were the bulbs use to be.

As far as your lights hyper blinking Trev that is odd, when testing your lights on my car they blink normal. Same speed as if you had your hazard lights on. Mine on my car hyper blink because im not using the bulb sockets on the back.

Please reread what I wrote.
I have Rear Leds........If I didn't, then I'm sure I won't have any problem....can't testify to this though since I didn't try it without my Rear Leds.
Trev
I dont see what hooking up wires to a plug end has anything to do with this.
Its a load resistance thing, thats all.
If you have less load, then you will hyper-blink.
Done
Trev

apkarian100
Rare that I'm wrong though hey!!! lol
If loving you is wrong, I want to be right!
Laterz
T

When I send these lights to a customer when finished with their upgrade it looks the exact same way as it does stock. Only thing different is the bulb socket can not be removed because I glue them back in place so no one pulls them out and disrupts the connection on the back side were the bulbs use to be.

right, but my question was how does one install these? do they just solder wires to the OEM sockets that are glued to the housings?

The one's i have now (made by evo575gtc) still have the OEM bulbs installed behind the circuit board to avoid the hyperblinking... so this is why I'm asking.. does that make sense?

right, but my question was how does one install these? do they just solder wires to the OEM sockets that are glued to the housings?

The one's i have now (made by evo575gtc) still have the OEM bulbs installed behind the circuit board to avoid the hyperblinking... so this is why I'm asking.. does that make sense?

Install does not change from stock, just plug and play! plug your wiring harness to the back of the the LED housing. Know one has to solder but me:) This is what it looks like when sent: I hope this is what you are referring too?

IMG_2110.jpg

Last edited:
ah yes it makes sense now thanks ! :wink:

These look great! Big props for taking the initiative to build them

Just FYI, on the Audi A5/S5, when the turn signal comes on, the DRL on that particular light turns off (thereby allowing you to see the turn signal more clearly - whereas the opposite side LED strip stays illuminated). . . it'll probably require some sort of electronics or relay to get that to work, but I think it'll be safer and more clear to oncoming drivers because you'll only see the blinking LED for the direction you intend to turn (instead of the mix of DRL and turn signal).

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

my led lights :biggrin:

sorry for the crappy iphone pics

These look great! Big props for taking the initiative to build them

Just FYI, on the Audi A5/S5, when the turn signal comes on, the DRL on that particular light turns off (thereby allowing you to see the turn signal more clearly - whereas the opposite side LED strip stays illuminated). . . it'll probably require some sort of electronics or relay to get that to work, but I think it'll be safer and more clear to oncoming drivers because you'll only see the blinking LED for the direction you intend to turn (instead of the mix of DRL and turn signal).

Thanks for the feedback! I totally agree with you on the blinker mod. When I get time I need to see what I need to do to make it happen. Like you said im sure it is some kind of relay switch. I have seen these cars(A5/S5) driving around and think its a great idea and safe as well.

New design going out today I would like to share. Also the front lens is painted gloss black, before it was just a tint overlay. Thanks for looking!

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3966.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_4004.jpg

IMG_3998.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

so the white LED's are always on and when u hit the turn signals, the amber ones light up? Is that right? :) thx

Put in my lights yesterday and they look great! Easy plug and play. The lights were done very nicely and everything was easy to install.

Ill post some pics this weekend but i wanted to give credit to this fine piece of workmanship and great addition to the NSX.

Any chance of LED side markers in the future?

Thanks Jason for the feedback! I just sent you a pm about the side marker lights in LED which will be in the works soon. Enjoy:biggrin:

Put in my lights yesterday and they look great! Easy plug and play. The lights were done very nicely and everything was easy to install.

Ill post some pics this weekend but i wanted to give credit to this fine piece of workmanship and great addition to the NSX.

Any chance of LED side markers in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back