• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial 2010 NSXPO In Vegas Q&A Thread

According to Microsoft Streets & Trips, from the Upper East Side of Manhattan to the heart of Vegas is 2529 miles. Basically it's I-80 to I-70 to I-15. How did you come up with almost 2700 miles from northern NJ unless you have a different start/end point. Are you a Liberal by any chance? :biggrin:

This my route.....

NSXPO2010.jpg

Why do you think I chose this route? ...... To stay out of I-70 Liberal States! :biggrin::biggrin:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....677068&sspn=52.285401,104.414063&ie=UTF8&z=5

can anyone tell me who designed the NSXPO 2010 logo please... i am working on a project and need the fonts that were used... any help is appreciated.....a way to contact him / her also please....thanks...dave

can anyone tell me who designed the NSXPO 2010 logo please... i am working on a project and need the fonts that were used... any help is appreciated.....a way to contact him / her also please....thanks...dave

Pm sent

What are your thoughts about a handsome rugby shirt with NSXPO silk screened on there?

Some ideas:

watermarked_thumbnail.aspx

Absolutely love it! :smile: What are the event colors? I assume they are red, white and black or is that only because those match the Prime main page?

A white shirt with red trim and a black NSXPO logo might be nice? SEMA emblem, small US flag on one sleeve, Nevada state flag on other, something about "the strip" maybe, a layout of the track, definitely a pic of an NSX.

I saw that Nissan showed off the MMC of the Rogue at a Z car event, and though Honda appears to have abandoned the sports car market, have they been contacted about doing something at NSXPO? Just curious, could be something cool for us and good publicity for Honda, TL MMC anyone? :biggrin:

Absolutely love it! :smile: What are the event colors? I assume they are red, white and black or is that only because those match the Prime main page?

A white shirt with red trim and a black NSXPO logo might be nice? SEMA emblem, small US flag on one sleeve, Nevada state flag on other, something about "the strip" maybe, a layout of the track, definitely a pic of an NSX.

I have good tastes.

The golf shirts look weak amd meek.

And it's over used by everyone and every event. Lacks imagination and thinking outta the box.

Also, rugby shirts will last a VERY long time.

Here are the blank shirts that can be silk screened NSXPO, etc.:

to Batman,

I am in Hong Kong so getting these type of shirts done is cheap and quick here. The turnaround time is 3 weeks. I am using this vendor in Hong Kong for my dodgeball jerseys. For jerseys itself, its $180 hkd or about $23.25 USD.
It is made out of thermax (kind of like Nike drifit or Adidas climacool). The logos are all embedded into the material and not silk-screened. We can put however many logos we want American flag, NSXPO 2010 logo, .(umm even non sanctioned H or A on it). All I need is the jpegs and I can have them mock up a design. Every sports team in Hong Kong uses these guys. Heres a sample of what my dodgeball jerseys look like

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=177412&id=135998559772223&fbid=138437812861631

We have cheerleaders on our team too...I like these the best!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sookies-Brats-Hong-Kong-Dodgeball-Team/135998559772223#!/photo.php?pid=177413&id=135998559772223&fbid=138437922861620

Dos company website
http://www.dos.com.hk/eng/index.php

Last edited:
Just an FYI the shirts look amazing but for the portly or xl crowd they taper at the middle and tho they look great on thin people they do not look as nice due to their snug fit on the rest of the world. Case in point we sponsor the Liverpool Football Club and everyone who ordered an XL Jersey to support the team really needed a XXL. They're great looking but make sure the sizes work for all body types:cool:
Thanks

Do you have access to authentic Canterbury Jerseys that are blank so you have space to put the logos, etc. on there?

to Batman,

I am in Hong Kong so getting these type of shirts done is cheap and quick here. The turnaround time is 3 weeks. I am using this vendor in Hong Kong for my dodgeball jerseys. For jerseys itself, its $180 hkd or about $23.25 USD.
It is made out of thermax (kind of like Nike drifit or Adidas climacool). The logos are all embedded into the material and not silk-screened. We can put however many logos we want American flag, NSXPO 2010 logo, .(umm even non sanctioned H or A on it). All I need is the jpegs and I can have them mock up a design. Every sports team in Hong Kong uses these guys. Heres a sample of what my dodgeball jerseys look like

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=177412&id=135998559772223&fbid=138437812861631

We have cheerleaders on our team too...I like these the best!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sookies-Brats-Hong-Kong-Dodgeball-Team/135998559772223#!/photo.php?pid=177413&id=135998559772223&fbid=138437922861620

Dos company website
http://www.dos.com.hk/eng/index.php

Just an FYI the shirts look amazing but for the portly or xl crowd they taper at the middle and tho they look great on thin people they do not look as nice due to their snug fit on the rest of the world. Case in point we sponsor the Liverpool Football Club and everyone who ordered an XL Jersey to support the team really needed a XXL. They're great looking but make sure the sizes work for all body types:cool:
Thanks

If we focused on the shirt being black it would minimize the gut showing.

The collar is so sharp looking on these rugby jersey's.

At this point T-shirts and golf shirts looks so bland.

If we focused on the shirt being black it would minimize the gut showing.

The collar is so sharp looking on these rugby jersey's.

At this point T-shirts and golf shirts looks so bland.

I agree they are good looking shirts, but coming from the "portly" - hell Fat drvers, there's no way I would pour myself into a tight black shirt. Nobody wants to see a set of package wrapped michelins get out of a car. I would be on the "people of Walmart site", and I dont want that for me or anything related to the NSX. :smile:

Maybe for the slim drivers this shirt is an option and for us larger drivers we could have a bowling type shirt with the NSXPO logo on the back.

Just a thought

Hi

Damn I so pumped now. Plane tickets are now ok. I'm coming. It will be a great kick off for what has become life version 2.0 after a major accident where I made a big bump in the asphalt with my head back in 2007.

Life version 1.0 was a lot more spectacular. Life version 2.0 is not that crazy. But it's a lot more than what it looked like it could be. And NSXPO 2010 will be memories for a lifetime.

Looking forward to see you all there.

I hope things are moving along as they should do regarding SEMA and hotel and all. I just got my NSXCA membership thing here and things are moving along.

Passport is ordered. I hope they let me in to the US. I'm not a terrorist. My brother called me that when I was a little kid. But that can't be held against me today can it?:biggrin:

Regards

I agree they are good looking shirts, but coming from the "portly" - hell Fat drvers, there's no way I would pour myself into a tight black shirt. Nobody wants to see a set of package wrapped michelins get out of a car. I would be on the "people of Walmart site", and I dont want that for me or anything related to the NSX. :smile:

Maybe for the slim drivers this shirt is an option and for us larger drivers we could have a bowling type shirt with the NSXPO logo on the back.

Just a thought

We are talking about this fit.

Lance

I have been doing some searching on the internet for hotel prices and I am using Expedia.ca and hotels.ca and I am getting a room rate of $50 and $87 just as a regular price (and that is in Canadian dollars), not using the "NSX Club of America 2010 NSXpo" special code. Are we getting anything different included in the $55 and $85 (USD) price vs just the regular price?
If I book using the basic internet price will I be missing out on anything special, or should I call the toll free number and use the special code and book the room that way?

And I will be driving from Winnipeg. It is only approximately 1950 miles, so I won't win any long distance driving awards.

Also, I want to buy new tires while I am down there. Will there be vendors on site we can get stuff like that? Can I get tirerack.com tires down there? How about car washing and detailing facilities? My car will be filthy after that long drive.

Last edited:
Yeah my thought exactly,
I will be using my Bra for the whole trip
as my drive from FL will be 2950 miles.
so Im gonna Kill like 2 billion bugs on the
way there and on the way back.

and was going to put Blue painters tape
on other parts to stop the chips and such
from truck drivers

but was gonna wash my car every 3rd Gas stop.
and the day of the meet I need to wax and clean her real good.
I am not letting some hotel employee wash her.
they use the same rags for all the cars.
not me my baby gets a new rag every wash.
and a new cloth for drying.

Last edited:
How about a place to plug in an orbital? Or to wash our own cars? Will there be someplace at the Hotel?

Enough of the disturbingly gay rugby shirts please!

How about some nice polo shirts and button down denim shirts?

For God's sake is Vegas the new San Francisco or P-Town?

How about a place to plug in an orbital? Or to wash our own cars? Will there be someplace at the Hotel?

All you need is one of these. I'm sure there are a few near the hotel. :biggrin:

The joke's gonna be on the guys that decide to spend hours in 105 degree temps poo pooing their cars and mine shows up after a 6 minute Laserwash looking just as good as theirs do.

I want some free time to hang out with these guys...........

MN_1209_Pawn1-272x300.jpg

Last edited:
All you need is one of these. I'm sure there are a few near the hotel. :biggrin:

The joke's gonna be on the guys that decide to spend hours in 105 degree temps poo pooing their cars and mine shows up after a 6 minute Laserwash looking just as good as theirs do.
Touchless car washes use some of the most harsh detergents there is. Just because they don't touch the car, doesn't mean they don't harm the paint. It takes a powerful detergent to wash a car without touching it.
You should see the caustic warnings on the detergent these car washes use? Not good.
I don't even wash my truck in these things.

Touchless car washes use some of the most harsh detergents there is. Just because they don't touch the car, doesn't mean they don't harm the paint. It takes a powerful detergent to wash a car without touching it.
You should see the caustic warnings on the detergent these car washes use? Not good.
I don't even wash my truck in these things.

That is nonsense perpetuated by the makers of way overpriced car detailing products. The touchless washes use hydromers to get the dirt off the car. In other words soap. Soap is soap is soap. It's a hydromer. Period. End of story.

A hydromer's molecules are smaller than water's. That's what we see as the "slippery" feeling. It makes the dirt slide off since it's molecules are smaller than dirt's by a longshot.

My car is 19 years old and has 265,000 miles. After a run through a Laserwash and a rub down with Honda Pro Spray Cleaner it looks as good as any car at any lame Concours D'Elegance. Anyone who has seen Charlotte will vouch for this.

Stop wasting time poo pooing your cars and drive them! And for God's sake stop believing the crap spread on the Net by the people that sell 50 cents worth of wax for $50.00.

Back