• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial thread of rare NSX parts

Please post pics of rare/custom/unique or tough to get NSX parts from engine, exterior, interior, etc.

Mugen Air Filter:
1.jpg

2.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Custom carbon fiber airbox for ITB:
wan12019.jpg

wan12018.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

M's cold air intake:
mypic121.JPG

Engine torque damper (not rare, but no one seems to have it installed)
img085.jpg

Gruppe M air intake:
3.jpg

Clear side markers:
w1.jpg

Fixed headlights, I wonder who is the owner of this white NSX?

11.jpg

10.jpg

Same or similar fixed headlights as above:
14.jpg

12.bmp

Gauges mounted on engine bay, view through the rear view mirror:

13.jpg

Last edited:
cause you don't needa do it to make it look good.... it's one of those things you over look when you see how gorgeous the car is by itself :cool:

that and i might as well have an orange one on mine since my car is black and white/clear would be just as funky.

haut stuff!

ChrisR said:
Osiris_x11,
That's an '02-'05 NSX Type S door emblem.
That's what I originally thought too, as I posted such on another thread. Good to get confirmation! Now time to go acquire one... :biggrin:

|Adeel said:
Why doesn't more NSX'ers have clear/white sidemarkers?

North America NSX'es have different front-fenders compared to NSX'es offered in the European and JDM, so S2000-style clear side-markers & other aftermarket ones can't be installed w/o extensive body-work/fabrication! :eek:

nsxside4wm.jpg

Due to U.S. DOT (Dept. of Transportation) & NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) guidelines, a motor-vehicle has to have a side-marker that reflects amber light back when light is directed at it AND it emits amber light of it's own. Usually the most cost-effective & simple way for the manufacturer was simply to use an amber reflector lense.

I have finally selected a clear reflector lens, aluminum-reflector, high-powered LED amber bulb, 14kt gold-enamel for bulb-plug (in pursuit of a metallic amber-emission), and silicone-gasket for a side-market clear-conversion that will be offered SOON w/ exchange of core. So, in due time more NSX'es in the U.S. & Canada should be w/ clear side-markers. :cool:

I want to get this at some point in the future:

320KM/H Speedo'...

speedo320a9xy.jpg
Click:

Then I'd try to acquire a yellow or amber speedo' needle. I've read about people swapping the needle from a similar speedo/tach, and Honda/Acura Type-R clusters are readily available. Also, I'd get a professional to put in very subtle MPH points, maybe simple symbols. I'd want the new demarcations to have a luminescense to match the needle! Only down-side, I'd have to get the tach' to match to keep everything balanced from an aesthetic perspective... :frown:

Can someone tell me how much is the Gruppe M air intake cost? and where can I get it? Is it easy to install it myself?

What about the snorkel. Someone has it right?:biggrin:

NOVA produce rear wing:
atake5.jpg

I have seen a better pic of this one from a brochure-scan somewhere.

Re: shield...

Osiris_x11 said:
NSX door-emblem... {origin unknown}

types1uk.jpg

Don't all NSX's have this? its on my factory 2005.

Pccw said:
is the mugen air intake comes with the glass too?
or they are 2 parts to purchase?
It comes with the lexan hatch. I have that hatch but could not get the intake engine cover. We went to talk to them (Mugen) during the Autosalon. It is no longer being made even though King motorsports still shows it available on their website. Three years of looking and ordering!!

Last edited:
nsxpurextc said:
Can someone tell me how much is the Gruppe M air intake cost? and where can I get it? Is it easy to install it myself?
$800 you can try to find one for less. I sold mine for well under that.

Marga Hills headlight kit, can only find them used now, and Authentic Marga Hills carbon fiber front bumper(less than 5 made in CF:biggrin: ) Actually my whole kit is made in cf. I had it made in cf from real MH parts.
4291100_0368-med.JPG

Last edited:
recognize...

TURBO2GO said:
Don't all NSX's have this? its on my factory 2005.

OEM NSX door emblem is this for all the USDM model years...
nsxdoor2ux.jpg

Are you sure you have the silver background NSX door emblem?!? :confused:

Anyone interested I have the molds to make them. The original molds from Japan for the MH headlight kit. Ain't that right Brett?!

Anyone interested...???? I'll sell em' to you.

SNDSOUL said:
Marga Hills headlight kit, can only find them used now, and Authentic Marga Hills carbon fiber front bumper(less than 5 made in CF:biggrin: ) Actually my whole kit is made in cf. I had it made in cf from real MH parts.
4291100_0368-med.JPG

you got it Brandon. You should be able to knock a couple of covers out in no time. Make a set and put them up for sale, I still get questions about where to get them all the time. I loved rocking them for years, got complements on them everywhere.:biggrin: Probably one of the rarest NSX mods out there b/c there was very few sets made and only a few sets ever came to the states. And you cant order them from MH, no matter what any website says.

Back