• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Unofficial "Why I'm not in Vegas for NSXPO" thread...

Dammit. Another NSXPO missed. I've gone eight times, but not this year.... Those of us who are NSX owners and NSXCA members, and are not in Las Vegas this weekend, have some explaining to do:

Reason #1 : "I COULDN'T GET OFF WORK" Yep, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. Chin Motorsports has a long-standing schedule commitment for a track event at VIRginia Int'l Raceway, beginning Saturday. Maria and I must be there! However, THE BOSS (DR. CHIN), will represent us well at 'XPO, no doubt...

Mark and Maria are thinking about all of our comrades there in VEGAS, and we miss you....

M_M_at_dinner.jpg

(photo by Lud Eng, NSXPO 2003)

Last edited:
I just came back from my 3 weeks vacation in China and although my boss is the best and most laid back boss that I have ever had I don't think asking her for a couple days off will fly well.

I thought about calling in sick, but if I was in an accident or something to that effect it would open up a can of maggots.......

was supposed to be going to FLA this weekend and that trip was canceled. looked at NSXPO instead but was too much money.

Perfect thread guys:redface: I'm at work slogging it out...just too much going on to free up the schedual:frown: I really am missing the whole xpo experience:frown:

I was at NSXPO once, they haven't let me back in since.
Armando

...what a heck-raiser! You've probably gotten bounced out of Wal-Mart, too!

Decided to put the 2k towards a LoveFab Turbo next spring. :biggrin:

WORK WORK WORK..
Whats up Mark!! been awhile since we talked.
Charles

Charles, you hot-rodder... good to hear from ya... hope we cross paths again soon! Obviously, you're still alive... I guess you must have stopped racing sport bikes! :eek:

I hear ya. Decided to take my $2k and double-down with a trip to the NSX 20th Anniversary Event in Japan next month instead.
Fiesta instead of NSXPO? Hmmm... that's a damn good reason....

I am not there b/c I was in Brazil with my daughter less than a month ago, and I was there for 3 weeks (and a day in BOGOTA, Colombia due plane malfunction -gorgeous city-) .... so, I couldn't justify traveling again, also I had a nice contract with FAU since day one I came back, that ironically ended up today!
:frown::frown::frown:

I am sad though!

I REALLY wanted to go to this one, and being in Tucson I'm not very far away at all. Unfortunately (or fortunately, actually) my wife and I are celebrating the arrival of our daughter, born on Sunday afternoon! Oh yeah, and I closed on a new house this afternoon and I'm moving out of our rental that we've been in since I moved here in July. So, as you can tell I've got nothing going on. :tongue:

I hope you guys all have fun in Vegas, and hope that not all that happens there stays there!

I REALLY wanted to go to this one, and being in Tucson I'm not very far away at all. Unfortunately (or fortunately, actually) my wife and I are celebrating the arrival of our daughter, born on Sunday afternoon! Oh yeah, and I closed on a new house this afternoon and I'm moving out of our rental that we've been in since I moved here in July. So, as you can tell I've got nothing going on. :tongue:

I hope you guys all have fun in Vegas, and hope that not all that happens there stays there!

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Best to the wife as well. And, it's great that you're going to be moving to a new house.

All the best.

My wife sells Arbonne so she earned a FREE vacation for us. I just returned from a Carribean cruise on the 18th and besides that my NSX isn't running. I have been a NSX owner for almost 6 years and still haven't been to XPO !!!!!:frown:

just spent all my funds on my daughter's wedding in savannah, ga this weekend.
wouldn't have traded it for anything!
maybe next year.

rog

Back