• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Update to Production Numbers...

why is sebring silver rare? never heard of that before. maybe they stopped painting cars that color it was called soloris silver or Kaiser Silver or something then it went to silverstone

maybe he will chime in on this

or wait till Brylek reads it maybe he will tell us why!:biggrin:

Last edited:
why is sebring silver rare? never heard of that before. maybe they stopped painting cars that color it was called soloris silver or Kaiser Silver or something then it went to silverstone
Seems as if they Sebring Silver wasn't available from 1994-1999, or so we thought... in 2000 they brought the color back.

Sebring Silver only came out from 1991 to 1993. This 1996 looks like it's a special order. After that Sebring Silver was never offered again in the US market. In the US the only other silvers available after 1997 was Kaiser Silver and Silverstone. I believe in Japan Sebring Silver was still available up to 2005. The production table is incorrect by grouping Sebring Silver and Silverstone as the same color.

Last edited:
The production table is incorrect by grouping Sebring Silver and Silverstone as the same color.

According to the production table there wasn't a single silver car made for 1996. I will contact the person who created the table, maybe he will have an answer.

did'nt you read the history on these cars...they were special order by LE.They were not included in the regular production data.

did'nt you read the history on these cars...they were special order by LE.They were not included in the regular production data.

I would tend to doubt that Honda increased their production run of NSX's by 2 just for LE. More likely they just decremented the number of red or black cars by 2. Either way the data is off.

I don't think they increased production numbers, but the cars were listed in the Honda database as a different color. ;)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=541893

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88656

Interesting - Just ran the full VIN for the 1993 Brooklands Green/Tan factory one-off through Acura's system, and it comes up as a Grand Prix White/Black. ;)

Looks like Acura covered their bases and paper trail on this one. :)

Because Silver was not available in 1996.

BUT

It is in Honda's system as:

VIN / HIN: JH4NA1182TT000113

Acura
NSX
NSX-T 5 Speed Manual
Grand Prix White
Onyx

Could the owner had it painted Silver?

...............I'm so confused:confused:....................:redface:

I'm not sure I want to agree with this statement. Ben, the person who created the chart collected information based on a list of vin numbers. If these 2 cars have vins there has to be records. I already contacted Ben.

no need to agree with me......:smile: Whatever you guys come up with is fine by me.

The 2 known factory Sebring Silver '96 Ts were specially built for Larry Ellison of Oracle fame. He's bought so many brand new NSXs over the production run, that I guess American Honda gave him special consideration.

American Honda will disavow knowledge of this, and say that they were repainted. Their database says this car is Grand Prix White. The production numbers were taken from American Honda's database, so this car is counted as a Grand Prix White.

I've seen the other car in person (not the one being talked about here), and almost bought it on one occasion. It's the real deal, a factory '96 T in Sebring Silver.

Back