• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Used cars with great resale value?

I guess the only other car I can think of that hasn't been mentioned is the 2003-2004 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT.

At the end of the day, I still have to say the king is still NSX :smile:
91 cars with fair to low mileage have been sitting in the current price range for years.

Holy thread revival Batman.

People still want ridiculous prices for molested 4th gen Supras. Ready for that balloon to deflate.
The 993s are now commanding more than comparable 996s.
The NSX suffered a hit last year, but are still holding value decently well.
S2000s have passed below $10K for the ~00-01 models. Deals can be found.
300ZXTT? Most of those hover around $8-12K.
I'm thinking about getting into a 911SC along with the NSX down the road. Those vary by condition like any other car, but they seem to hold around $15K.
The E30 M3 and some others are pretty obvious.

The FD RX7? They've crashed in the past few years. Makes it easier for me to get one.

Last edited:
You guys talking about the TL and RL are totally wrong. TLs are $13-20 and RLs are $18-26 all day long. The RLs have actually GONE UP in the last two years.

Their value surged when Acura released the butt ugly editiions last year.

:cool:

I hope Acura keeps making ugly cars then because I bought the RL with the older (IMO Nicer) design :D. Would be great if the price of these stay around that so I can get my money back later down the road lol.

Not a sports car but the MINI Cooper S sold my last two for more than I paid for them. They still hold 60% of their value after 5 years.

All the jeep grand Cherokee srt8's.

sent from my HTC EVO.

Yup! I can't get over how well the Jeep SRT8's are holding their values. Probably the best NA market vehicle in terms of lack of depreciation.

It will be interesting to see how the new re-designed model will affect the older SRT8's.

After watching Barrett-Jackson the last several years any car that is kept in original condition with all its documentation is going to have great resale value in 50 years. In general, coupes more than sedans due to higher production of sedans over coupes.

not necessarly sports cars but 91-93 gmc typhoon and syclone
vr-4 3000 gt w/ low miles
94-96 impala with low miles
any exotic imo.
84-87 grand nationals

And all the others people mentioned.
I'm not a gm fanboy either...just stating the facts imo.

I guess I'm lucky enough to still have a Syclone.

I guess I'm lucky enough to still have a Syclone.

http://salem.craigslist.org/ctd/2481987781.html

Car & Driver tested the Syclone and it ran 0-30 in 1.3 seconds with a 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, the 1/4 mile was 13.06.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bl0du9qxQFg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bl0du9qxQFg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Dam I'm itching to buy this Syclone.

Youtube after youtube videos and these trucks just launch so hard.....

Back