• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Used Hyundai Genesis or Used Lexus LS460

sounds like a good idea though....there have to be plenty of folks who would like to be able to trade leases with each other......Your dealer doesn't want to help you out?

I'm sure they'd be happy to help themselves out :). I hate dealerships so I haven't asked. I'm used to them making a few K on the trade in and a few more on the new car. I suppose it can't hurt to ask other than the loss of my time and gas.

Btw many finance companies will not allow others to assume a lease, so the trade can only work in some circumstances

How many kids and how old?

A minivan is a great choice and if you don't need to tow on a regular basis then it is much better than an SUV. I wish my wife would consider one but alas our kids are old enough that we can't kinda get around it plus I need a Tow vehicle.

I have a 2 year old and 3.5 year old ~ they are the joys of my life but also they can wreck havoc when I least expect it! haha

My wife is big on gas savings (hence she drives a hybrid). I like gas savings and performance - yes I know the two don't mix! So she is eyeing a minivan for the decent MPG and I'm thinking a large SUV like the QX. But this is all off topic.

Reason I got on this thread is cuz my DD B6 s4 is giving me A/C woes and the cost to fix is ridiculous so considering alternatives in the form of a LS460 when I saw this post. So in my case looking to replace my DD sport sedan with something more luxury and space. Is the Genesis really an honest alternative to the LS460 I still have a very skeptical eye but will go test drive one since Dave spoke so highly about them.

Lexus has always been rock solid in the past few we've owned (RX, ISF, CT200h) and my bro has both the IS and GS, neither of which has given him any issues either so we put a lot of stock in Lexus build quality. We've already accepted the fact German cars cost more to own but they are certainly more fun in some cases so pay to play I guess.

Santa Fe is an SUV, what made you go straight to an minivan?

My wife really likes the Odyssey and we've been looking at them with increased interest as our kids are now getting older so a minivan makes sense.

Yeah rick I'm right behind you with a 2 1/2 year old and one on the way. Unlike me, my wife does not like changing cars all the time so the minivan is the choice we should of made since there's generous room to grow into lol.

Both Odyssey and sienna are rock solid vans and it really come down to splitting hairs between the two. I too had great experience with the Toyota/lexus brand in our family for many years so that's what leaned me towards the sienna.

The odyssey did get some updated minor styling recently and that's cool.

Last edited:
What year is your Genesis Dave?

I just did a quick search on Ebay and shocked by the pricing too, just wow!

2009. Not much more money to go newer but this one was perfect.

qububype.jpg

e9usyreg.jpg

Saw a grey LS with these wheels today, looked amazing. My parents have one and they love it. Really can't go wrong with Lexus.

I can chime in with my experience with the Genesis sedan. I have a 2009 as well and have owned the car since it was new, the car has been the epitome of reliability. What my budget was back in the day I couldn't have gotten a better car for the money when it was new. The used ones are even more of a steal that what I paid for the car with 300 miles on it when driven off the lot.

Can't say anything bad about the Lexus as everybody knows they are very well engineered cars, but more expensive to buy and maintain than the Genesis. My vote obviously goes for the Genesis sedan as I own one myself and have had no regrets about my purchase.

Side note, I too replaced the Hyundai symbol when I bought the car with the Korean winged symbol that does look like a Bentley symbol. If I had a dollar every time somebody has asked me if my car was a Bentley, or pulled up really close to my bumper when stopped at a stop light or stop sign and I can read their lips as they try and figure out what car they are seeing I'd have enough money to buy some new wheels or brakes for my NSX:tongue:.

I've put 10K mikes on it already. Love it more everyday.

They're really great cars for the money, and the warranty to boot is icing on the cake! You don't see to many on the road which is fine by me as it gives it the more rare look when seen.

They're really great cars for the money, and the warranty to boot is icing on the cake! You don't see to many on the road which is fine by me as it gives it the more rare look when seen.

Yup... sleeper... if word gets out too much prices will climb. I am perfectly happy no one thinks about this car. I may buy a second for the parents.

Back