• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Utah – Official NSX Thread

Hello all, I want to thank you for the hospitality felt in Utah during our brief stay. I transfered to Dallas and wont be available for the Utah drives. Thanks Matt and Ira, It was great to meet both of you and hopefully our paths can cross again.

Hello all, I want to thank you for the hospitality felt in Utah during our brief stay. I transfered to Dallas and wont be available for the Utah drives. Thanks Matt and Ira, It was great to meet both of you and hopefully our paths can cross again.

Have you already left or will you be around for one more drive? Sorry to see you go. Wish you the best to you and your wife in your new location. Keep in touch.

Have you already left or will you be around for one more drive? Sorry to see you go. Wish you the best to you and your wife in your new location. Keep in touch.

Unfortunatley it was a quick transition and we are already in Dallas. We will be back in SLC on the 19th of October to drive to Laguna Seca in california for the 20th. After that I dont see us back anytime soon. It would have been great to squeese in another drive. Hope to cross paths with you again Matt.

Unfortunatley it was a quick transition and we are already in Dallas. We will be back in SLC on the 19th of October to drive to Laguna Seca in california for the 20th. After that I dont see us back anytime soon. It would have been great to squeese in another drive. Hope to cross paths with you again Matt.

Glad to be able to meet you the couple times before you headed off. Wish you and your wife the best of luck in the future.
Hows the rest of the Utah gang doing? Sorry I was not able to make it to any get togethers this summer, I had my first little one on June 9th and been pretty preoccupied all summer long.
Matt, where did you end up north (North Ogden?) Any more mods done to the car?
I found some of these old pics from last summer, enjoy!
4892NSX_Cruise_7-24-06_005.jpg

4892NSX_Cruise_7-24-06_004.jpg

4892NSX_Cruise_7-24-06_003.jpg

4892NSX_Cruise_7-24-06_002.jpg

4892NSX_Cruise_7-24-06_001.jpg

MY_NSX_RED_NSX_3.jpg

MY_NSX_RED_NSX_2.jpg

MY_NSX_RED_NSX.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I'm saying goodbye, too. To the car anyway. It's up for sale after only four months. No regrets, just have had the NSX experience now and want the money to go do other things. If you know anyone in the market, send them my way.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94249

Glen G.

Glen, Were you not happy :frown: with the car? I cannot see myself without an NSX after having one:biggrin: .

Its been awhile since i posted...Totalled my Nsx after coming back from Miller track. Hydroplanned the truck and trailer, Nsx broke the front load straps, then sheared the trunk area off the back. Nsx passed the truck at about 55 mph then hit an embankment and fence. Its fixable but a bummer.
My car is nothing but a track queen now so if anybody needs interior parts i probably have them. I will post pics of the car soon. I bought A GTR spec-v untill i get it fixed. I was hoping the GTR would make me feel better but it didnt...Now i have a stock 1997 nissan that breaks often....It is a Rice magnet also_Oh...NSX i miss you.:frown:

:frown: I wish you and your wife the very best in Dallas, TX. Are you still driving to the Laguna Seca event on 10/20?

Thanks Wraythe, you all will be missed. Yes we will be driving to Laguna Seca from Utah and then going to Texas after the race. Are you going to make it to Laguna Seca?

Hi all, just moved to Cedar City last month. Born and raised in Utah but spent the past 10 years in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii with the Navy. If you see a 1991 Red/Black NSX driving like a bat out of hell in southern Utah it's probably me.

TurboLab,

I could use black interior parts if you have any. The last owner of my car broke almost all of mine installing cheap stereo equipment and lost the sun visors. Top of my list are:
-The panels behind both seats
-The center armrest compartment
-Sunvisors
-SRS cable reel, my horn and cruise don't work right now.

-Nate

After the last incident with my car it is almost completed with a serious make over. It will hopefully be debuted on Saturday At Larry H. Miller . It isnt really a street car anymore but , most of my projects end up that way after awhile anyway. It will be time for the Nsx to rule Miller once again:biggrin: Unless it breaks, or falls off the trailer, or isnt finished...Maybe it will just rule my shop for alittle while:redface:

hey guys I am fairly new to the nsx community. I have a 91 blk/blk stock for now ;) I live in idaho falls idaho so 2 to 3 hours away from utah... it looks like you guys have some gatherings down there. I hope to make it to miller alot this coming 08' year. I was down there this year with my modded integra at the tarzan lap battle and saw the turbolab car and tried to talk to you but no such luck haha

Couldn't find this thread for a bit so here's a bump back to the top.

Cruising home last night at around 7pm getting thru Bountiful and low and behold there is a 02'+ silverstone cruising next to me , as he went by it had a Utah dealer plate . Who has this car?

To those interested, there will be a outer-loop track day at miller saturday MARCH 15th. This is the configuration that we all like with the 170mph front and 140mph rear straight. We will be testing all day so come by and say hi if you show up. If it is your first time you will need to get track certified so look on the Miller Motorsports web site for what you need to do. Hope to see you out there.

Hi, I am likely to pursue a PPI at either Jody Wilkinson or Mike Hale Acura. I wondered if any of you local to the area have any advice to offer? Please feel free to PM instead of post. Mike Hale Acura apparently has an NSX certified tech named Adam who has owned or still owns one or more NSX's - perhaps he's the tech mentioned in this thread?

As with anything it's easy to find positive and negative reviews on both dealerships & service depts on the web and on Prime, and usually people are quicker to post negatives than positives, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions too soon.

And agreed, Moab has some of the best scenery. I did a mountain bike weekend with friends there in 1996 the scenery there made the grand canyon look tame by comparison, IMHO. Loved Moab.

Thanks for any advice,

AD

I strongly suggest bring your NSX to Moab. In my opinion, the most beautiful scenery in Utah is near Moab. As you may already know, Moab is less then four hours away from Salt Lake City. Should you have problems with your NSX, one of the best technicians in the region works at Mike Hale Acura.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me and I will help you out the best I can:smile:

I will be moving to Utah in May of '13, Ogden area, looking forward to any meets/drives. I've been on some of the mountain roads in a rental impala so the NSX is going to be a treat!

Last edited:
Hey Guys in Utah I finally got my prime acct going, Yes I'm the "Certified NSX Tech" in Utah so feel free all Utah NSX owners or potential owners to PM me about all things NSX. Sorry Ira I haven't been on sooner but I've been cleaning out the Garage and started listing some NSX goodies I've stockpiled in the classifieds.

Saw a nice yellow NSX in the MacCools/Holy Smoke parking lot, a couple rows from my red one. Anyone on here?

That was me. Sorry I didn't see your car. That would have been cool. I never see any other NSXs. I'm from Provo area up visiting with a friend.

I am an NSX (1991, tracked out version) owner in Mapleton, curious if anyone is getting together on any kind of a regular basis at all? Even for lunch, just yakking about the NSX in general? Also I am thinking about getting my NSX "Just barely" street legal so I could take part in drives when they happen, so I am in need of some parts such as headlights (I want to convert to 2002 style...) turn signal lights for the front, etc.

Any one have any stuff like that?

I am an NSX (1991, tracked out version) owner in Mapleton, curious if anyone is getting together on any kind of a regular basis at all? Even for lunch, just yakking about the NSX in general? ...
Did you own a white NSX? If so, we met at Sunroc a few years ago. I had a blue MR2.

Back