• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valentine 1

I want to get a Valentine 1 for my NSX. However I don't want a cord hanging around my cabin or sticking the radar in a place where it is obvious for other to see or just in my line of sight. I've never had a radar detector, so I'm not sure what is the best way to go about setting it up either.

I would like to know how other here have there V1 set up and what's involved in conceling it. I don't really care about seeing the arrows, just as long as it goes off.

Some guys on a ferrari board talked of hard wiring it to their dome lamp. Sounds interesting to me. Could this be done with a T-top???Has anyone done this with their NSX???

Also, do you guys recomend the carrying case (it would always stay in the NSX) or the concealed display module??? Do any of you have these??? And what do they look like when set up??

And if anyone has any pics of their's installed that would help me out I would REALLY appreciate seeing them :)

Thanks in advance,

Dan

and i did a search, but it did fully answer all this :)

Last edited:
First off you want to mount it high on your windshield. About the slickest set-up i've seen is where it was mounted behind the rear view mirror and a small section of the mirror was cut out so you could see the V1.

Personally, I wanted to see the arrows and after trying several locations, I chose just left of the rear view mirror. I doesn't obstruct my view at all.

As far as hardwiring it, Honda provides 4 open connectors in the drivers footwell fuse panel. Just find the one that is hot with the key on. I believe you need to order the wiring kit from Valentine. It's also quite easy to snake the wire without popping off trim panels. I stuck the wire inside the rubber seal along the A piller.

good luck

Here is my current set up with the remote display mounted into the clock housing.

3821DSCN0414-med.JPG

3821DSCN0415-med.JPG

Dali racing has a brackett that mounts perfectly between the two seats by the back glass. I wired mine in and plugged the power into one of the 4 open connectors the hlweyl talks about. Then, I purchased a "third brake light" cover to cover the Valentine that's made specifically for the NSX and the Dali brackett. It fits on the brackett well. You should do a search to see some photos and also see the FAQ to see about the 4 connectors. I bought the small remote and mounted it on the steering column out of sight from people behind me. I can see the arrows and no one else knows I have a radar detector. There are a lot of great ideas, like the display incorporated into the rearview mirror. Those will all come up on a search of the electronics forum. The V1 is great and with a car like the NSX, you need one for sure!!! Good luck.

Back