• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Valet parkers: straight from the horses mouth

Folks-

I am SO NUTS about my NSX that I WILL NOT GO TO A RESTAURANT THAT HAS FORCED VALET PARKING! I won't even go if there is only street parking! Or if I know that the city streets are pot holed.....sorry, can't take the NSX! I have actually gone to a restaurant, which had self parking, but there weren't any spots open "GOOD ENOUGH," so I turned around and went to one of my other "NSX friendly" restaurants instead! My Wife KNOWS that I am psycho. with the car! Now, we just take another car to go out to eat instead. We USED to take the NSX to the mall, but my Wife got tired of walking 1/4 mile to the car, as I would park in the ABSOLUTE furthest/safest place of the lot, EVEN if the lot was empty!

Just thought I'd share this insanity, this craziness, this.......whatever it is........that we call "NSX!"

Nev

I wont even drive mine to place were I can park the car my self. Ok I do but I worry the entire time and cant wait to get back to my baby. Plus I cant drink and who wants to out to eat and not have a few drinks. So my wife takes the Legend and we have a good time with no worries of door dings and spit or a key. To me the car is for driving pleasure not to look good in parking lot for someone else, and if they are haters and feel like fu$%ing up my most prized possesion just for fun HELL NO cause I cant even imagine catching someone in the act murders. So good luck to all of you who are willing to take that risk. But if its your only car then what can you do.

Originally posted by NSXNEV:
We USED to take the NSX to the mall, but my Wife got tired of walking 1/4 mile to the car, as I would park in the ABSOLUTE furthest/safest place of the lot, EVEN if the lot was empty!

You could always drop her off & pick her up at the front of the mall. I'm sure there would get quite a few looks.
wink.gif

I'm similarly crazy about my NSX, and there's no cure as far as I know!

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
You could always drop her off & pick her up at the front of the mall. I'm sure there would get quite a few looks.
wink.gif

I'm similarly crazy about my NSX, and there's no cure as far as I know!

Oh there is a cure, it is when you go out to your NSX (which you thought you parked in a remote area with no one around) only to find a 1984 Chevy Astro Van parked 4.5 inches away from your drivers side door (yes I measured with my cell phone, then measured that when I got home).
Time to pull the old through the drivers side, release e-brake, put car in neutral, get out, roll in back/forward, get in drivers side and drive away.
Sometimes it is better to park with people, it is what I do for the most part now. For the most part people seem to be respectful to the car, I've never found any dings/scratches (Although I did find a Ham & Cheese sandwich spread over my car one time--again, when I was parked with no one around me)....I guess he really didn't like that sandwich
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Syonara:
only to find a 1984 Chevy Astro Van parked 4.5 inches away from your drivers side door

Look at the bright side - that's too close for the van's occupant(s) to exit on that side and ding your door.

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
A Fin ($5) when you pull up, and another $5 when you leave. Ten bucks is cheap insurance and when you go back the next time you will most likely be recognized. Also, your car be up-front all night and protected from the other valets wanting to take a cruise.

[This message has been edited by Dr.Lane (edited 20 February 2003).]

Ditto

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

In some places (San Francisco proper for example), most restaurants (nice or not) don't have parking lots (park on the street), and the more upscale ones are either valet, or park on the street. Now, if you live outside of the downtown area, you can't really take a cab, and if your NSX is your only car, and you've made an appt. in the city, what's one to do?
wink.gif
I've found myself in that situation more than once. Although the NSX isn't my only car, it was what I happened to drive that day, and made a same day appointment. The other option is paid parking lots, but even then, many are the "leave your key" type.

-Ben

Originally posted by NSXNEV:
Folks-

I am SO NUTS about my NSX that I WILL NOT GO TO A RESTAURANT THAT HAS FORCED VALET PARKING! I won't even go if there is only street parking! Or if I know that the city streets are pot holed.....sorry, can't take the NSX! I have actually gone to a restaurant, which had self parking, but there weren't any spots open "GOOD ENOUGH," so I turned around and went to one of my other "NSX friendly" restaurants instead! My Wife KNOWS that I am psycho. with the car! Now, we just take another car to go out to eat instead. We USED to take the NSX to the mall, but my Wife got tired of walking 1/4 mile to the car, as I would park in the ABSOLUTE furthest/safest place of the lot, EVEN if the lot was empty!

Just thought I'd share this insanity, this craziness, this.......whatever it is........that we call "NSX!"

Nev

Originally posted by Ben:
if your NSX is your only car, and you've made an appt. in the city, what's one to do?

If your NSX is your only car, you have already made a decision that that is what you will be driving, no matter where you're going or what you're doing - good areas or bad, valet parking or street parking, etc. So you've already committed yourself to putting your NSX in situations where it may be more vulnerable instead of having another car available as an alternative. If it's your only car, in many situations (where no other transportation alternatives exist), there's nothing to think about or decide; you just cross your fingers and hope for the best.

Back