• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vancouver Island 2010 Poker Run NSX & S2K

OK , I am going to build an S2 so I can go.

Dave here from S2Ki..., If you guys want to attend and can't access S2Ki, simply state your intrest here and I will move your information to the S2Ki registration page...,

angus, warrenw, JKL-AP1

You guys coming? Paris and Jason are going to attend..., Read the threads listed above for details on the event. If you can't access the S2ki site for whatever reason, let me know and I will post the actual updates here.

And thanks Jason for putting up the original post.

Dave

UPDATE

For the dinner I am suggesting either a BBQ or a Buffet style dinner. Sit down but perhaps outside with tent if it rains or if it rains we may be able to move it all inside. They are going to get back to me on pricing. For menu I am going to ask for pricing around steaks, chicken, hamburgers, and an assortment of salads...,

do we need vegetarian food ??? - Let me know.

Lastly here are the pricing that Mt Washington has offered up for anyone wishing to stay on the mountain Saturday night. If you wish accommodation call the mountain and mention that you are part of the S2K/NSX Poker Run and they may be able to work out a bit better deal. They have already discounted the price though slightly.

Our twin hotels (Deer Lodge & Bear Lodge) are located within a stone's
throw of the main alpine lodge, function rooms, pub, and all amenities.
Summer rates (start at) are as follows:

Lodge Room: $99
1 Bedroom Suite: $119
2 Bedroom Suite: $149
3 Bedroom Suite: $179

Please pipe in if you have any questions.

S2K/NSX Poker Rally Team

Sounds like you guys will have a great time.

Up here in Ottawa we had an S2K/NSX (Tochigi brothers) meet and cruise last month. 9 NSX and 5 S2000's came:
15954_204329481223_690446223_4396388_1296567_n.jpg

Makes me wanna pick up an AP1 now...

Sweet! I'm actually originally from Pembroke..., :smile: Small world.

On the Island we have meets with the NSX crew quite often. Nice mountain rides and lunch, and always good company. Our last one I think we had 14 cars, 5 NSX and 9 S2K's.

This will be a great event I'm sure..., almost worth the ride across the Provinces to make it ??? :biggrin:

Update: I have sent off a note to Mt Washington to book the July 24th with them. I will have to pay a down payment for the facilities but it appears that there is a lot of interest in the event.

So far MickeyS2000, Mid Isle S2K, and myself have donated some funds to the event that will be used to hold the facilities for us.

So we can raise as much money as we can for Charity I am asking for the facility that we rent to be used for the reception (4-7pme) which is where we will all gather upon completing the Poker Run. If we get enough items the silent auction items will be viewable here. Then would be the dinner and awards (7-9pm). After which some music and bar available (9-12). The breakfast we won't book until the day of the event to see who is interested in a group thing or not.

This will cut a lot of the upfront costs of renting the facilities and having Their staff attend, and still allows us all the same functions.

Once I have the facilities taken care of I will be tending to the menu which is either going to be a BBQ with salads or a Buffet style meal. it will be sit down and a bar will be available.

I am starting to get concerned about the silent auction. Honda dealerships on the Island are going to go together to do something for us, and Mt Washington may do something for us, however I was hoping to have some owners also setup up and either offer services or money or parts they have laying around. A good part of our charity fund raising is going to come from this silent auction and it is time for us to start gathering an inventory of what we are going to have to offer, so please step up and let us know if you have anything that we can put down for auction.

That is it for now. Stay tuned and I will have an update shortly confirming the rental of the facilities. Thanks again everyone for your interest and assistance in helping me make this an event to remember.

The Poker Run 2010 Team
Dave Donovan
Mo Alam

<!--emo&:vdrunk:-->
drunk2.gif
<!--endemo-->

--------------------

Dave Donovan
2007 S2000 GPW||1985e Porsche 944||1976 Fiat X1/9||'87 Yamaha FZ600
-Invidia N1V3||Bosch Iridium 4 prong spark plugs||K&N Intake||Type-R FD2 Shift Knob||IDA-x305 HU
-AUT CF Cooling Plate||T1R CF downforce side diffusors||Seibon MG Style CF Wing||KSport Coilovers
ddonovan.png

vancouver.png
honda_logo.gif
vintage.jpg

I have some information on the menu and venue I will post it up tonight. It looks like we are going to have to pay for some of the event up front so I am going to start putting together some tickets for the following:
1) Reception
2) Dinner
3) Poker Run
And I am going to try and sell some in advance. I will explain why in my posting tonight. Really didn't want to get into a situation where I had to pre-sell tickets but the food costs have to be paid before the event although not too far ahead. I hope that those that signed up can commit to purchasing a ticket from us.
Stay tuned...,

This isn't just an Island event, basically anyone that wants to come over to the island or lives on the island are welcome. As you can see we have people from Calgary and the USA coming for this event.

UPDATE:
1) Based on the interest in this event I will be booking the facilities for the 24th of July. I am going to cover the down payment for the facilities using the cash donations that have been generously to us by members. The facilities rental is $500.00 and there is usually a $1,000.00 deposit on top of that to secure staff and food. Mt Washington is going to allow us to hold the facilities and the date for just $500.00 of which we have already raised $450.00. If anyone is willing to sponsor this event with a cash donation, that would greatly be appreciated.

2) The menu. Mt Washington has offered us a Buffet style meal or a BBQ style meal, to which I am leaning towards the BBQ. The Buffet ranges from $27.00 to $40.00 per person. While the menu is fabulous, I think this is a bit much to pay especially since we want as much of the funds that we raise to go to the charity. The BBQ menu is as follows:

$19.95 per person, plus tax & gratuity.
- Artisan Buns & Butter
- Alpine Potato Salad
- Country Coleslaw
- Three Bean Salad
- Pasta & Vegetable Salad
- Barbecued Chicken & Prawn Skewer Combo
- Corn On The Cob
- Assorted Dessert Squares

I am going to ask about having burgers/steak on the menu as well. To me this price sounded more along what I was expecting.

3) On that note, while Mt Washington is willing to do this for our down payment of $500.00, they will need to be paid for the food beforehand. They are willing to take payment for the food closer to the event. To this end it is going to be necessary for me to sell tickets for this event beforehand. I am going to have to come up with some way of paying for the food, gratuity, and staff about a week before the event. I am going to put together some tickets for all three events and start at the very least, selling the Poker Run event tickets. Not sure how that is going to work yet but since we are so far in advance I might just accept cheques via snail mail. The price will be set at $50.00 and that gets you into all three events. Please if you can, and intend on doing all three events, purchase your tickets ahead of time. PM me and we can work out how to pay in advance. If your in Vancouver MickeyS2000 can probably pick up your cheque or cash and I will pickup here on the Island.

4) If you require accommodations for the Saturday night then let me know and I will forward you the contact information that I have to get the pre-mentioned great deal on rooms a stones throw away from the facilities.

5) I asked Mt Washington if we could do a "donuts for dollars" event where we get to blow donuts staying within a circle for as long as you can (most donuts wins 1/4 the money). They said that it was a possibility HOWEVER I later found out that there parking lot isn't paved. It is flat and in good condition for us however I don't think we want to be blowing donuts on gravel..., :banghead: I may still see if this is a possibility somewhere else.
That is about it for now. Sorry for the short Novel...,
The Poker Run Team
:vdrunk: :coffee2:

Yes , I will be there - in my NSX.

Update:

Poker Run:
- We now have a starting spot for the Poker Run confirmed. I will be posting a map but the nice thing is if you're coming over on the ferry (like there's another way) you keep driving straight and you will drive right passed the parking lot. The address is:

4000 Seymour Place
Victoria, BC
V8X 4S8

- We will be starting the Poker Run no later than 12:00 as it is a 3 hour drive without stops. Please be there by 11:00am.

Dinner:
- Menu is now set as below (We added Salmon to the plate):

Garlic Bread
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Three Bean Salad
Pasta Salad
Barbecued Chicken & Salmon Combo
Corn On The Cob
Dessert Squares

- Since we now have to raise the money before the dinner I am including the price of the dinner into the price of the Poker Run.
- Tickets will be on sale as of Monday with at the following pricing:
- Poker run (includes event and dinner and reception)
- Car and Driver: $75.00
- Passenger: $35.00
- Just coming for dinner: $30.00/person
- Just coming up for the reception and meet: $10.00/person

REMEMBER IT GOES TO CHARITY AND THE POKER RUN PRIZES.

The facility costs are going to be $550.00 which is being paid for by the Island S2Ki owners. We will be hosting the event for the other members. We have the following members to thank thus far:

ddonovan - $100.00
mickeys2000 - $100.00
Mid Isle S2K - $250.00

Last edited:
Update:
Tickets are now ready. PM me for details on how to arrange to get your tickets.
Currently I am accepting snail mail but I am looking at setting up an account with internet access allowing transfer from your account into this account. Tickets will be mailed out to you or we can hang onto them until you arrive.
All purchased tickets will be confirmed on S2Ki site and via PM. Each ticket has a number on it and your name. If you have a co pilot please supply me a name for the ticket and indicate it is for a co-pilot.
The Island S2K owners (belonging to mostly S2Ki) are going to be hosting this event. What does that mean? The island owners will be putting up the money to pay for the facilities so this money will not have to come out of the money raised. I will be posting the names of the Island owners that have sponsored the event by providing a donation towards the facility payment. This means that ALL money raised (except for the $25.00 for each dinner - $10.00 for each dinner ticket goes to charity as well) will go to the charity and Poker Run prizes.
Again anyone that purchases a ticket and ends up not being able to attend will get a full refund. I want to start collecting now as it makes it easier to pay this off ahead of time for you to get it out of the way. It also creates a bit of commitment on your behalf as I am sticking my head way out there arranging all this and pre-paying myself. Also it confirms the dinner numbers. Basically we won't be able to sell tickets the day of the event because we need to confirm the numbers for dinner. So please purchase your tickets early. If we sell enough tickets there may be some door prizes based on ticket numbers to give away as well.
Let’s all make this an Epic event to remember and to repeat. For those of you that have expressed interest in this event, time to step up. Thanks again for your support.
The Poker Run 2010 Team

Last edited:
Back