• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vancouver Island 2010 Poker Run NSX & S2K

Holy crap this thing hasn't been done yet? You've been talking about it for months! :eek:

Needs lots of planning. Most things are setup we just need to have people pick up thier tickets. Doing it way out like this allows people to save up and make plans..., look at the distance some people are travelling to get there...,

Epic events take time ..., so you coming ? :smile:

Uhh... can someone please clarify the part I heard about the GRAVEL parking lot???

I may need to bring a different vehicle...

Gravel parking lot was when I was talking about a dounuts for dollars event where we get to blow donuts..., not a good idea as they agreed to allow it but they only have a gravel parking lot for us to do it in...,

My understanding is we are parking in a courtyard type thing with either brick or pavement. I did ask about the parking in general and was told there are gravel lots but they are very well maintained and that the Low Rider clubs meet up there once a year and they find it acceptable.

If you have a specific concern Angus let me know and I will ask the question specifically.

Dave

Here is the breakup so far (Vancouver your almost equal with PacNW people). Come on register for the event...,

Edmonton, AB ==> 4 cars
Calgary, AB ==> 2 cars
Portland, OR ==> 1 car
PacNW, WA ==> 10 cars
Vancouver, BC ==> 11 cars
Victoria, BC ==> 20 cars

NSX ==> 6
S2K ==> 39
Other ==> 3

Last edited:
Poker hand rankings:

eclipsecon_poker_hands.gif

Dave here from S2Ki..., If you guys want to attend and can't access S2Ki, simply state your intrest here and I will move your information to the S2Ki registration page...,

angus, warrenw, JKL-AP1

You guys coming? Paris and Jason are going to attend..., Read the threads listed above for details on the event. If you can't access the S2ki site for whatever reason, let me know and I will post the actual updates here.

And thanks Jason for putting up the original post.

Dave

Sorry, really want to go. So does my wife, but, the Edmoton Indy is the same weekend.
Missed this race last year. 2010 could be the last.

Sorry, really want to go. So does my wife, but, the Edmoton Indy is the same weekend.
Missed this race last year. 2010 could be the last.

Darn that is too bad Warren. I guess no matter when we choose to have it there will be some mis matches. I picked this weekend to try and seperate from the Big Homecoming. Next year then Warren.

Dave

I ran into a person driving a green NSX today at lunch. His name is James Bartlett. Gave him the address to this forum. Hopefully we will see him here and he can attend the Poker Run.

Still working on this?! :eek:

The date is July 24th. Ya still working on it. I'm doing it solo and it is a lot of work to organize. I will have an update this weekend as a bunch of things have happened this week.

We started way early so the attendees list would be large. When donating money to a charity you need lots of participants. I know there are more NSX guys that would come to this event. Although I am happy with the interest so far. Where are all the guys that came on the Pacific Marine Circle with us last summer?

You coming out Oyagi.

And from one old Ontario resident to another (I'm from Pembroke), Happy New Year and all the best in 2010.:smile:

As the post states, if there are any vendors/sponsors that wish to have a table reserved for them at the Poker Run please contact me.

Tables will be made available to us for the Reception period before dinner. We will be arriving here upon completion of the Poker Run event and will be in the reception room for approx. 2.5 hours before dinner.

You can either sell stock from the table or simply put up a banner as advertising.

If you are interested please contact me for details. We are looking for sponsorship either via donation or gifts.

--------------------

Dave Donovan
2007 S2000 GPW||1985e Porsche 944||1976 Fiat X1/9||'87 Yamaha FZ600
-Invidia N1V3||Bosch Iridium 4 prong spark plugs||K&N Intake||Type-R FD2 Shift Knob||IDA-x305 HU
-AUT CF Cooling Plate||T1R CF downforce side diffusors||Seibon MG Style CF Wing||KSport Coilovers
ddonovan.png

vancouver.png
honda_logo.gif
vintage.jpg

It is our intention to put together a DVD for this event. The DVD is going to include shots from the entire weekend from what I understand and is going to be of professional quality.
Here is a link to his work at our last Epic November 2008 meet in Richmond:
http://www.nvsrides.com/
Go take a look
We want to package the DVD with a memorable T-Shirt as well which members from the Vancouver Forum are designing. You are going to be able to pre-order the t-shirts and DVD's will be sent out when they are produced.
You will also be able to purchase either the combo or just the DVD or just the T-shirt at the reception at Mt Washington. We will be taking orders for t-shirts and DVD's to be shipped out later.
Preliminary estimates put the cost of this combo at $25.00 which allows us to put $5.00 towards the charity.
Once we have decided on a design for the t-shirts you will be able to order them online and have them shipped to you hopefully before the event. Remember though you will also be able to purchase at the event.
More information to come ...,
The VI Poker Run 2010 Team

There was some miss communication about parking when we arrive at Mt Washington. I wanted to clear it up so I contacted the management up there and here is the response..., Very happy to hear, as the word "gravel" was being tossed around.

My objective is to offer "show parking" in three locations which are
within a stone's throw of each other, surrounding the main alpine lodge.
These would include:

- Traffic circle courtyard (tour bus turnaround/ customer drop off/ VIP
parking) which I think will accommodate 20 + cars.

- Upper courtyard in front of day lodge (8 - 10 cars)

- Lower courtyard (size & shape of a small skating arena for the balance)

As your numbers grow, we also have some grass areas where some of the
higher clearance cars could pull onto for the day, and the lower
courtyard is quite large.

All of the courtyards are interlocking brickwork - so might as well be
paved. Each of these areas is accessible via paved roadways at the edge
of the gravel "customer" parking lots. Access to your accommodations (if
staying at Deer & Bear Lodges) is via paved roadway as well. There may
be a tiny bit of gravel between the end of the road and the underground
parking garages at the hotels.

This makes me feel a lot better. Really looking forward to this event. And don't worry I want to keep the NSX's together so you guys can have one of the upper paved lots, no NSX's on the grass..., :rolleyes:

2010 VI Poker Run Team

Note from our Videographer:

QUOTE (DDonovan @ Jan 19 2010, 11:28 PM)
It is our intention to put together a DVD for this event. The DVD is going to include shots from the entire weekend from what I understand and is going to be of professional quality.

Here is a link to his work at our last Epic November 2008 meet in Richmond:
http://www.nvsrides.com/
Go take a look

We want to package the DVD with a memorable T-Shirt as well which members from the Vancouver Forum are designing. You are going to be able to pre-order the t-shirts and DVD's will be sent out when they are produced.

You will also be able to purchase either the combo or just the DVD or just the T-shirt at the reception at Mt Washington. We will be taking orders for t-shirts and DVD's to be shipped out later.

Preliminary estimates put the cost of this combo at $25.00 which allows us to put $5.00 towards the charity.

Once we have decided on a design for the t-shirts you will be able to order them online and have them shipped to you hopefully before the event. Remember though you will also be able to purchase at the event.

More information to come ...,

The VI Poker Run 2010 Team

For those that don't know who produced that video, it was done by me (and my fellow camera man).

I plan on filming the entire event from start to finish (except maybe not when I've had too many wobbly pops on the mountain). My business partner will be coming with me as well, and we hope to get lots of quality rolling shots too thumbsup.gif. I truly hope everyone makes an effort to make it out to this event. I have volunteered to produce this DVD and I hope people will purchase it, as proceeds are going to a good cause. I am only covering my costs, and not making a profit smile.gif.

Dave has put a lot of effort into this event. Lets make it worth while. It should be epic. driving.gif

PS: There is a good chance I will be producing Blu-ray copies as well lol.gif 1080P FTW

Update

As stated in a previous update we have a starting point and time for the Saturday Poker Run. Of course if anyone wants to come over on the Friday (23rd), then we are going to have a mini meet where I can give out information, and we can get some of the preliminaries out of the way. Also the start order will be selected from those that attend on the Friday as they are already here and can start early. People coming on the ferries can arrive and start a bit later. I will provide more on the time and location of this meet.

We now also have one of the checkpoints where you will pick up your playing cards. Discovery Honda has stepped up and is going to be one of the stops. They have offered to supply refreshments (a BBQ and drinks was mentioned) for us. We will be taking pictures at this stop of all the cars. They will be posed in front of the dealership with driver and passenger and car. These pictures will be added to the DVD.

I am still deciding on the other checkpoints but that is coming along. When we arrive at our final destination (Mt Washington), we will be parking in interlocking brick parking lots. There will be more than one lot but they are all close to one another. We will be gathering in the reception area. We have this area reserved for a couple hours. Anything that we have in terms of silent auction items or draw items will be viewable here. Mt Washington will be supplying a "you pay" bar for us as well.
At 7:00 or 7:30 we will be going into the dinner room where we will be served from a wonderful BBQ menu (see previous post for menu). We have two hours to eat and give out prizes ect and then at about 9:00pm we go back to the reception room which we have until midnight. I hope to bring up a stereo of some sorts or one may be supplied to us, so if anyone likes a certain type of music please bring some CD's or something and make sure you get them back.

Sunday, for those of you that stay either on the Mountain or in the valley, there will be a brunch for us to attend and after that we will gather at one of the parking lots. We will all then cruz back to Victoria as a group. People wanting to take the Ferry off the Island from Nanaimo to Vancouver can leave the group in Nanaimo and those going all the way back to Victoria can stay with us and we will take you out to the ferries.

That is about it. I will have more details/updates as we get closer. The initial registration shows 63 cars and 112 people. This is truly wonderful and I am very excited. With this type of turnout we may be able to send two kids to camp this upcoming summer.

Thanks alot everyone !!!

Dave
VI CO

Last edited:
I would like to give a big thank you to the people and businesses that have sponsored the Poker Run event thus far. I hope that more jump on board to make this a truly great time.

1) Wickertree at Whipple Tree Junction. - $250.00
2) MickeyS200 - S2Ki member - $100.00
3) DDonovan - S2Ki member - $100.00
4) Island S2000 owners and S2ki members - Paid to host the event.
5) Clement Ng and theBlackMarkers - $300.00 worth of gift certificates, and usage of his online purchasing system.
6) Richmond Auto Spa & Yaletown Auto Spa - $350.00 gift card (full detail), and 10 discount cards for car detailing.
7) Cameron - New View Studios (and S2Ki member) - Video work and production of memorable DVD.
8) Discovery Honda in Duncan - $500.00 cash and hosting the BBQ and checkpoint.
9) Island Honda in Comox - 5 GPS units and Honda Apparel.

And the list grows ..., A big thanks to everyone involved.

Dave
VI CO

Just picked up some GPS units from Island Honda for the event. These will probably be part of the silent auction. OR we are just going to allow you to purchase tickets that you put into a bucket for each device and during the evening we will draw names from the buckets to see who wins the prizes.

Also paid for the facilities so we are all ready to go. I viewed the parking that they are arranging for us and it is excellent. For those of you that have been to Washington it is the courtyard between the main lodge and the ski school. It is all interlaid brickwork so will look really good as well.

Everything is paved !!!

<!--End Photo-->
Update

Below is a list of the prizes that we have for the Poker Run. Thanks to all the sponsors.

1) There will be a cash prize for the following poker run hands. The amount is yet to be determined as it is based on participation but roughly here is what I am hoping for (again if everyone was to show up that has expressed interest these numbers go way up):
- Highest Hand - no less than $500.00
- Second Highest Hand - no less than $300.00
- Third Highest Hand - no less than $150.00
- Lowest Hand - no less than $50.00

Auction Items:
- one $350.00 full detail gift certificate from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.
- 10 preimum gift certificates (15% off) that are good for one year from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.
- one $100.00 gift certificate from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- two $50.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- four $25.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- 3 TomTom GPS units.
- 2 BlueTooth devices.
- 2 single ski passes from Mt Washington.
- another 2 single ski passes from Mt Washington
- 2 single tubing passes from Mt Washington
- another 2 single tubing passes from Mt Washington.
- some undefined Honda apparel (possibly a jacket)
- One LED wind restrictor ==> http://www.dynamicautoconcepts.com/

Gift Items:
- Honda hats.
- 10% off service/parts from Kingsway Honda (Vancouver people).

More stuff coming in by the day. I will update again later.

On another note, we are very close to being able to offer online purchasing of tickets. It is time to start picking up your tickets for this event. I need to have the final numbers in by June (there can be a few additions after that but definitly need to be in by the end of June), this is so we can order the food and determine the Poker Run Prize money. We will be able to accept Credit Card and PayPal payments. Stay tuned and please pick up your tickets early so we can crunch the numbers.

Thanks again S2Ki communities. Thanks for helping me make this a success and for the kids.

DDonovan
VI S2ki CO
<!--emo&:tophat:-->
tophat.gif

Stay tuned ..., Looks like the local media (Q-fm) is picking up on our event and may give us some media coverage and radio time. We may be able to recruit new owners.

Also Discovery Honda is Duncan is bringing out the local media there to cover the event ..., Were all gonna be famous
<!--emo&:photo:-->
photo.gif
<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:LOL:-->
lol.gif

We now have the online payment system in place and live (special thanks to Clement Ng and The Blackmarkers:thumbup: for allowing us to tap into their payment system). A special note, you will need to create a profile in order to purchase online. This is because the Blackmarkers is an online clothing store and they ship goods. In order to ship they need to collect address information.

If you are not planning on having anything delivered then what we suggest you do is create a dummy account. If your doing this then please use S2Ki as the first name and that way we can remove the dummy accounts easily after the poker run is over. I realize that some of you won't want to register a profile which is fine.

Take a look though at the products that The Blackmarkers carry as they are all quality goods indeed. The online payment system will allow you to purchase your tickets, DVD and t-shirt combo or separately. It will allow you to use PayPal or Credit Cards to purchase your tickets/swag. I will post the payments on the Forum as your confirmation of receipt.

To access the payment site please go to
http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com
and at the bottom of the page is the link to the payment system.

We need to have everyone paid up no later than June 15th so we can order the food and arrange for staff. So please if you can get your payments in.

Thanks in advance.
Dave
:tophat:

Here is the count so far:

Vancouver Island = 21 cars
- S2000 = 15
- NSX = 4
- Integra = 0
- Civic = 1
- Other = 1

Greater Vancouver = 24 cars
- S2000 = 21
- NSX = 3
- Integra = 0
- Civic = 0
- Other = 0

PACNW = 13 cars
- S2000 = 11
- NSX = 1
- Integra = 0
- Civic = 1
- Other = 0

Calgary AB = 2 cars
- S2000 = 1
- NSX = 1
- Integra = 0
- Civic = 0
- Other = 0

Edmonton AB = 3 cars
- S2000 = 3
- NSX = 0
- Integra = 0
- Civic = 0
- Other = 0

Keep them coming people... prizes and prize money continues to grow with each new participant.

Dave

Back