• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Vancouver Island 2010 Poker Run NSX & S2K

There has been some confusion on the accomodations at Mt Washington. Some apparently have been told that they don't know anything about our event and have been given a variety of different pricing. Also heard that someone was told that they had to book 2 night minimum. That is "nomally" the case up there but in our case all of this has been waived.
To stop the confusion I contacted Mt Washington Management again to have it all explained to me and I am going to cut and paste the response here:
============Start CUT================================

Hi Dave,
That's what I suspected. Pam De Boer does manage some private properties
at the resort, but she has a company called Peak Accommodations, which
is not related to Deer & Bear Lodge. Our booking company (managed by
Cathy) is called Slopeside. Both Cathy & Pam (different Pam) at
Slopeside are perfectly aware of the special rates & conditions that we
discussed. As long as your participants contact them, there will be no
problems whatsoever.
They are best reached as follows:
([email protected]) ([email protected]) or toll
free: 1-877-845-4499
Slopeside is "our" team that manages the majority of both Deer & Bear
Lodges. Please make your participants aware that there are also other
companies that have rooms & suites in these buildings. These other
companies do not offer these special deals. As mentioned, there are many
other booking companies around the resort as well. None of them are
affiliated and do not have these deals except for Slopeside.
Regarding your participant's comment about "double occupancy", he's
actually understanding the term backwards. The $119.00 quoted is for a
one bedroom suite, and the double occupancy means that up to two guests
may stay for that price. It's not $119.00 per person. Should they wish
to add a third guest on the living room pull out, for example, it would
be an additional $15 fee. Again, "Slopeside" will allow your group to
stay one night with no penalty.
As long as this contact info gets to your guests, there will be no issues.
Good luck & keep me posted.
Best,
Robb

============End CUT================================
Hope that clears it up. If anyone did book rooms and didn't get the deal, either cancel and rebook or contact the people above to see what can be done. Mt Washington is really working hard with us to make this happen so please if anyone got bad information, this is the latest word from them, and I appologize for any confusion but I didn't hear about this till just recently.
Dave

Just signed on Campus Honda of Victoria as a sponsor. :thumbup:

This means that we now have all the Island Honda Dealerships on line with sponsorship of our event. A big thanks to the Island Dealers :tipwink:

Campus Honda will be one of the Starting Checkpoints to help dispurse the start so we don't have a bunch of cars all in a row. The start will be staggard with two cars leaving every 5-10 minutes. Each car will go to either Campus Honda or another starting checkpoint to get their first cards..., then on thier way up the island to the next checkpoints. This is for two reasons, one is to get seperation between the cars so checkpoints won't be overwhelmed with cars (remember that this is thier regular Saturday business day), and to include all Island Honda Dealers in the event as they are all very eager to help out.

Campus has donated to us:
$500.00 cash donation
Some Service gift certificates in the $200.00 range
Some Parts gift certificates in the $200.00 range
Some other assorted goodies as gifts.

Thanks to Campus Honda and all the Island Honda Dealers.

Dave
VI Poker Run Organizer
:tipwink:

So far the payment to pre-registration is at 17% and the event is one month away. We cannot pay for this event as we go because of the dinner and staff. I know I keep saying that. Please it is imparative that you get your tickets within the next two weeks. Please contact me if you are having any issues or can't make the event.
We have some wonderful prizes/gifts with thanks to all our sponsors. It truely will be a good time. Best of all it all goes to a great cause. Please purchase your tickets and help me to make this a success!

Dave

Im in for the Cruise on Sunday as I cannot make any other stuff Ill bring my buddy with his NSX too

Hey sorry to be a pain again, but participation is down on the poker run although we have lots of really great gifts/prizes and cash. It is my intention to attempt to send two less fortunate kids to summer camp but I can't do it without your help. Please at least take a read of the thread here and the web page http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com. I need your help to make this a success. The entire event can be done in one day and you could be back in your beds by Saturday evening. OR you can stay up with us at Mt Washington resort as they have offered us a fantastic discount. Poker Run, Silent Auction, Awards Dinner, Evening social, brunch the next day and a cruz back to the ferries...., Great prizes, great sponosors, and best of all great cars and people.
Please if you can take a read and sign up, help out some less forutunate kids and meet some other people that respect thier vehicles the way you do.

I need you're help as this event is only one month away and dinner has to be paid in advance. $110.00 for driver and passenger and $75.00 for single driver. That pays for everything including dinner (ok not your room if you stay).

Help me to make this a success.

Dave

Last edited:
I want to offer this to anyone attempting to sell items here. I am more than willing to put up a ForSale table at the event. If anyone wants to bring some things over that they want to sell and have not, then bring them and I will allow you to put them on a table with your name and price. I will do this for free for anyone that wants the table, please just fire me a PM letting me know so I have an idea as to how many tables I might need.

If you sell your stuff perhaps you can throw a donation towards the charity...,

Anyway I thought it might be a good idea, that way people can see what your selling. If it is too big, take some pictures and put those on the table...,

good Idea, yes/no ???

Dave

--------------------
Dave Donovan
2007 S2000 GPW||1985e Porsche 944||1976 Fiat X1/9||'87 Yamaha FZ600
-Invidia N1V3||Bosch Iridium 4 prong spark plugs||K&N Intake||Type-R FD2 Shift Knob||IDA-x305 HU
-AUT CF Cooling Plate||T1R CF downforce side diffusors||Seibon MG Style CF Wing||KSport Coilovers
ddonovan.png

Here is a list of just some of the prizes/gifts
Cash
one $350.00 full detail gift certificate from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.
10 premium gift certificates (15% off) that are good for one year from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.
one $100.00 gift certificate from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
two $50.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
four $25.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
three TomTom GPS units from Island Honda
two BlueTooth devices from Island Honda
some undefined Honda apparel from Island Honda
two single ski passes from Mt Washington Resort
another two single ski passes from Mt Washington Resort
two single tubing passes from Mt Washington Resort
another two single tubing passes from Mt Washington Resort
One LED wind restrictor ==> Dynamic Auto Concepts
two $100.00 gift certificates from Modifry Products
Assorted gift certificates from TBC Kart Racing
3 x A&JRacing shift boots, blue stitching.
3 x A&JRacing shift boots, red stitching.
1 x $100.00 gift certificate from Coastal Metals
4 x $50.00 gift certificates from Coastal Metals
$100.00 gift certificate, (Tires/Rims/Accessories), from SHC AutoGraphics
two $50.00 gift certificates from The Bread Garden
Items to be listed soon The Honda Way

One $200.00 gift certificate for Service Campus Honda Victoria
One $200.00 gift certificate for Parts Campus Honda Victoria

And much more.., items are showing up daily as sponsorship has truely been great, stay tuned for some really fantastic news on the prizes that are still to be confirmed.

Tomorrow is July 1st..., Happy Canada Day !!!

This also means that we only have 10 more days before the food has to be paid for and as such the tickets need to be paid for. My commitment is to pay for the food on July 10th.

I am sorry for having to continue to bother you about this but you are recieveing this email because you showed interest in the early registration for this event.

Please purchase your tickets and help me to make this event a success.
Purchase Online: http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com
Or contact me and let me know your intentions.

This has been a tremendous amount of work to setup. Come out and support the event. We have some great prizes (see the payment page for list of prizes/gifts).

Thanks.

Dave

New Huge Sponsore - Gift Trips ..., Check this out !!!

Great News and you people that cancelled are going to be sorry!!!

Sokha of "The Honda Way" in Abbottsford has officially donated the following prized to the Poker Run. This is truely substantial

3 Trips to Vegas with Hotel and Air included ( Taxes need to be paid by ticket holder )

1 Formula 1 Driving School at Allen Berg Racing School in Alberta (http://www.allenbergracingschools.com/)

10% Service Discount on Service

The Honda Way will also be hosting a BBQ Friday July 23rd and Saturday July 24th for a donation (free to S2Ki members). They would like to be a gathering spot on both days for any cars coming over to the island. Plan to meet up with others at The Honda Way, have some food, get some service and come on over.

Mo on the S2Ki site is arranging the meeting spot working with Sokha so if you want any information or would like to have Mo setup a mini meet at The Honda Way either day so you can meet up and come to the island as a group, contact him or myself (Mo - Mo-S2K).

Please purchase your tickets soon, I am supposed to have the final numbers into Mt Washington for the 10th of July, which is Sunday so probably the 11th.

Looking forward to it...,

Dave
VI S2Ki CO
Poker Run 2010 Organizer

I will be building the schedule and all this weekend and will post it on the web site http://vipokerrun2010.elocas.com. Should have that done by Monday. I will post here when completed.

I have started printing off the tickets for the event...,

And special thanks to John and Donna (Mid Isle S2K) as they are assisting me in the maps.

One thing I would like to ask is we have the facilities up at Mt Washington till midnight. We need some music. Does anyone has a player that you can just plug an iPod into, so anyone that has an iPod can volunteer the use of thier IPod and that way we get a good variety of music.

Let me know if you can accomodate? I could always bring up my laptop and some speakers..., Anyway if anyone has something better and they are willing to bring it along. please let me know.

Thanks again everyone!!!

Please Sign Up
===========

1) DDonovan[S2Ki] (Dave/Ellen) - Victoria (sponsorship received $100.00 - Thanks!)
2) ss04[S2Ki] (Cam/Jeff) - Tri-City Vancouver - (Ticket Purchased).
3) MID ISLE S2K[S2Ki] (John/Donna) - Duncan (sponsorship received $250.00 - Thanks!; Tickets Purchased)
4) B18C5-Eg6[S2Ki] (Jackie) - Calgary, AB
5) MickeyS2000[S2Ki] (Mo/solo) - Mission BC - (Sponsorship received $100.00 - Thanks!; Ticket Purchased).
6) rushinxpress[S2Ki] (Andre) - Everett, WA PACNW (Can't get response)
7) Paris[NSXPrime] (Paris/Ellen) - Victoria NSX - (Ticket Purchased)
8) gnn713[S2Ki] (Chris) - Victoria (Can't get response)
9) ssthrd[S2Ki] (Dave/wife) - Parksville - tenative (sponsorship received - $20.00 - Thanks!; Tickets Purchased)
10) h2k[S2Ki] (???/+1) - Federal Way PACNW tentative (Can't get response)
11) S2S[S2Ki] (Duane/+1) - Vancouver - tentative
12) WestSideBilly[S2Ki] (Jeff/+1) - Seattle PACNW - Confirmed
13) s2000Junky[S2Ki] (Chris/+1) - Lake Stevens WA PACNW
14) 21k[S2Ki] (Mike/solo) - Vancouver (Can't get response)
15) Fliggin[S2Ki] (Adam/+1) - Mill Creek, Wa PACNW (Can't get response)
16) Hondatech[NSXPrime] (Sean) - Victoria NSX (Can't get response)
17) Rdizzle[S2Ki] (Randy) - Seattle, WA PACNW - (Ticket Purchased)
18) GreviusJones[S2Ki] (Howard/+1) - Victoria (sponsorship received - $20.00 - Thanks!) - (Ticket Purchased)
19) ENSSEX[NSXPrime] (Paul) - Victoria NSX (Can't get response)
20) Remixed[S2Ki] (Dan) - Victoria (Can't get response)
21) undeRwhelmed[S2Ki] (Shane/+1) - Victoria (sponsorship received - $20.00 - Thanks!) (Can't get response)
22) MIs2000[S2Ki] (Michael/+1) - Victoria
23) Ezekiel55[S2Ki] (Aharon/+1) - Portland, OR (Can't get response)
24) angus[NSXPrime] (Angus/+1) - Vancouver NSX
25) Kerric[S2Ki] (Keith/+1) - Edmonton, AB (Ticket Purchased)
26) AP1FTW[S2Ki] (Fadi/+1) - Edmonton, AB (Can't get response)
27) ohkun[S2Ki] (Jason/+1) - Vancouver
28) esstwothousand[S2Ki] (Ronnie /+1) - Victoria (sponsorship received - $20.00 - Thanks!) - (Ticket Purchased)
29) S2KVtecftw[S2Ki] (Daniel /+1) - Renton, WA (Can't get response)
30) ej8 gsrt[S2Ki](Alex/+1) - Vancouver (Can't get response)
31) lookinco[S2Ki] (Clement/+1) - Vancouver
32) db0006[S2Ki] (Dan) - Victoria (sponsorship received - $20.00 - Thanks!) (Can't get response)
33) Rev's girl[S2Ki] (???/???) - Vancouver tentative (Can't get response)
34) lean2y[S2Ki] (Leandro/beth) - Vancouver tentative (Can't get response)
35) Tracer[8thCivic.com] (Richard) - Parksville Civic LX - (Ticket Purchased)
36) TinoCivicSi[8thCivic.com](Austin ) - Surrey, BC - (Ticket Purchased)
37) ttk5 [CSXDriver.com] (???/???) - Vancouver --Tentative--
38) LangleyNSX [NSXPrime] (Arin/Jesse) - Langley, BC NSX (Can't get response)
39) notbadd [S2Ki] (Mark/???) - Vancouver (Ticket Purchased)
40) S2K2LO[S2Ki] (Steve/Tracy) - PACNW --Tentative-- (Can't get response)
41) braindoc [S2Ki] (David/Barbara) - Nanoose Bay - (Ticket Purchased)
42) Sang [S2Ki] (Sang) - Seattle, WA PACNW - Confirmed
43) bumbobee [NSXPrime] (Stefan) - Vancouver NSX - Confirmed
44) 24hrcollision [NSXPrime] (???) - Vancouver NSX
45) MR2S2K (representing The Honda Way - sponsor) [S2Ki] (Sokha/+1) - Vancouver - Confirmed
46) ron07rio [S2Ki] (Ron/Pat) Vancouver - (Ticket Purchased)
47) sringrose[S2Ki] (Scott/+1) - Victoria - (Ticket Purchased)
48) pearl_s2k [S2Ki] (Catherine/Liam) Vancouver - Confirmed

I have modified the registration page indicating the following:

1) Who has paid
2) Who has contacted me and confirmed attendence
3) Who is not responding to my PM's or contact requests.
4) The rest have contacted me and will decide within 10 days.

Please if you see any of the Can't get response people can you please ask them if they intend on coming to the event still and could they please contact me to let me know so I can either stroke them off the list or I get some information.

Everyone will be recieving free gifts and if you have been to the website you see that the prizes auction items are pretty good as well, so those that do attend, your chances are excellent to come away with something spectacular.<!-- / message -->

On a good note for you Islanders: Campus Honda just threw me 2 x $200.00 service department gift certificates !!!

Good Stuff !!!

5 more days to pickup your tickets.

People of the mainland. I have moved the dinner at Mt Washington up to 6:15. This provides plenty of time to make it back to Vancouver on the same day as the Poker Run so you can come over in the morning and head back that night. No need for a hotel.

Trips to vegas, trip for F1 race training, Dyno time, lots of sponsorship and prizes and gifts and CASH prizes as well.

If you can at all make it, please do help me and help the kids and have a great time.

I'm a little disappointed in the participation for this event from the mainland. We have almost as many coming up from Washington State as we do coming from Vancouver. Come on, one week left to sign up

Need a commitment by Tomorrow and money by Thursday for this event. Still have about 25% of you that have not contacted me back about this event. Let me know what is up.

Dave from Courtney Honda has just thrown in some Honda Jackets to go with the bluetooth units and the GPS units that he has already donated to us...,

Thanks Dave and Island Honda!

Bump ..., If you purchase online you can still get tickets until tomorrow at noon. After that the online purchase will be closed.

There is internet interact however but really people I have to have your money no later than Thursday evening for sure. I have to pay Thursday night/Friday morning.

Again here is the updated prize list:

- Cash prizes for first, second, and third high hand.
- one $350.00 full detail gift certificate from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.
- 10 premium gift certificates (15% off) that are good for one year from Richmond/Yaletown Auto Spa in Vancouver.
- one $100.00 gift certificate from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- two $50.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- four $25.00 gift certificates from theBlackMarkers online clothing store.
- three TomTom GPS units from Island Honda.
- three BlueTooth devices from Island Honda.
- Honda Jackets from Island Honda
- two single ski passes from Mt Washington Resort.
- another two single ski passes from Mt Washington Resort.
- two single tubing passes from Mt Washington Resort.
- another two single tubing passes from Mt Washington Resort.
- One LED wind restrictor ==> Dynamic Auto Concepts.
- two $100.00 gift certificates from Modifry Products.
- Assorted gift certificates from TBC Kart Racing.
- 3 x A&JRacing shift boots, blue stitching.
- 3 x A&JRacing shift boots, red stitching.
- 1 x $100.00 gift certificate from Coastal Metals S2K Fabrication shop.
- 4 x $50.00 gift certificates from Coastal Metals.
- $100.00 gift certificate, (Tires/Rims/Accessories), from SHC AutoGraphics.
- two $50.00 gift certificates from The Bread Garden.
- 3 Trips to Vegas with Hotel and Air included ( Taxes need to be paid by ticket holder ) The Honda Way.
- 1 Formula 1 Driving School at Allen Berg Racing School in Alberta(http://www.allenbergracingschools.com/) The Honda Way
10% Service Discount on Service The Honda Way.
- 2 x $200.00 gift certificate for Service & Parts Campus Honda Victoria.
- 1 Case Royal Purple Synth Oil 5252 Motorsports.
- Gift Certificates for Free Dyno Dynamics Dyno Testing 5252 Motorsports.
- t-shirts and coupons from 5252 Motorsports.

Plus some other giveaways. Based on participation, the chances of winning one of the above prizes is pretty good I would say !!!

Dave

Back