• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wax for silver NSX

STAND BACK, HERE THEY COME

Let Z wars begin, it's time:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I used Zymol with my black NSX that I had previously, but found it didn't have much longevity. It seems from my reading that the other Z, Zaino, last longer.

Has anyone read tests comparing the two other than just people having personal preferences?

I use zaino on my kaiser silver. Very Happy. I have applied it as often as every 2 weeks for about 3 months. As well as gone 2 1/2 months without. Didnt really notice much shine difference, however it always feels smoothest right after rubbing off the wax.

Once you built up a few layers and take caution not to use dish soap to wash the wax away, I think you'll be very satisfied.

There are lots of options, but "best" is pretty subjective. What is most imporant to you? Is it gloss, depth, absolute shine or maybe durability? Different products give you different results that you should take into consideration.

Whichever wax you choose, the most important step in your process should be prepping for that wax. If you do a good job at this, every wax is going to look better. This process includes a good polishing step and clay treatment. Even if you don't have swirls, a polish will remove heavy grime that isn't visible by just looking at the car. Clay will remove embedded particles from the finish and leave the car nice and smooth. I equate these two steps to cleaning a dirty mirror. The lost reflection and brilliance will be restored giving you a pure surface on which to apply your wax or sealant.

Richard L S said:
I have a keystone silver NSX
There is no such thing as "keystone silver".

You must have:

Sebring Silver ('91-93)
Kaiser Silver ('97-99)
Silverstone Silver ('00-04)

Back