• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Welcome a new NSX to St. Louis

Just wanted to post a quick message and say hello to my fellow NSX owners in St. Louis. I just bought a 2000 red/tan from Minnesota and drove it back this past Wednesday. Here's a link to a thread I posted about my trip in the New Owners forum:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81431

Anyways, I look forward to meeting a lot of you later this year when Spring comes. I've been on this board for the past year or so and I noticed that you guys do seem to meet periodically and often right down the road from where I live (Westport area - I live at Page and 94 in the Heritage Trails subdivision).

Congrats! Your patience paid off. I was at the dealer Wed. evening and noticed the car was gone and wondered what happened. I am glad it went to you, it's a great car, have fun with it. :smile:

Just wanted to post a quick message and say hello to my fellow NSX owners in St. Louis. I just bought a 2000 red/tan from Minnesota and drove it back this past Wednesday. Here's a link to a thread I posted about my trip in the New Owners forum:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81431

Anyways, I look forward to meeting a lot of you later this year when Spring comes. I've been on this board for the past year or so and I noticed that you guys do seem to meet periodically and often right down the road from where I live (Westport area - I live at Page and 94 in the Heritage Trails subdivision).

Welcome! A lot of us have businesses, kids, etc so it is difficult for the married w/kids guys to always join up but when we do get together it is a great time. Take care / glad you are enjoying your new ride!

Howdy neighbor, I live off of upper bottom so you are close by. Anyway I am sure when the weather breaks we will all be getting together. I may have a little request for you and you OBDII car if you are interested, I have access to a dyno and will soon have the software to log all OBDII info to the dyno, if you are interested I would like to dyno your car and build a copy of the OEM timing map, the bonus for you would be free dyno time, so if you are thinking of mods, I think I can help you with before and after dyno runs in exchange for the data I need from your car. If that sounds like something that may work for you then let me know in a PM and we can discuss it in detail.

Oh, and if you are thinking of modding the car you live in the right city, just about every power adder out there is in St. Louis, and everyone is willing to help should you have questions.

Very cool to have another NSX so close by.

Dave

Welcome! Glad to have another NSX nearby. What a great winter so far. It would be great for a get together now that the holidays are over. I live in the 40 & 141 area, if you know where that is. Let me know if you are going to be in the area.

Last edited:
Howdy neighbor, I live off of upper bottom so you are close by. Anyway I am sure when the weather breaks we will all be getting together. I may have a little request for you and you OBDII car if you are interested, I have access to a dyno and will soon have the software to log all OBDII info to the dyno, if you are interested I would like to dyno your car and build a copy of the OEM timing map, the bonus for you would be free dyno time, so if you are thinking of mods, I think I can help you with before and after dyno runs in exchange for the data I need from your car. If that sounds like something that may work for you then let me know in a PM and we can discuss it in detail.

Oh, and if you are thinking of modding the car you live in the right city, just about every power adder out there is in St. Louis, and everyone is willing to help should you have questions.

Very cool to have another NSX so close by.

Dave

I live off upper bottom as well - I think I've actually seen your car once before.

As far as the dyno, performance mods will probably be the last thing I do to the car. The car is already much faster than anything else I've ever owned, although two years from now, I'll probably start to consider those types of mods. For now, I'll probably be dumping my money into the superficial and required (timing belt) mods/maintenance. I've already been doing the math in my head and it's not cheap:eek:

Welcome! Glad to have another NSX nearby. What a great winter so far. It would be great for a get together now that the holidays are over. I live in the 40 & 141 area, if you know where that is. Let me know if you are going to be in the area.

I was actually out your way this past Saturday - I ran over to Chesterfield mall - figured I had to break the car in:biggrin:

I have a bad feeling that the weather is going to take a turn for the worse real soon (they're already calling for rain all next weekend) and my NSX will be sitting in the garage until March, but I would love to get a chance to meet some local owners as well as get the car out and drive some fun roads in the area.

Welcome to the Lou!

i remember you were looking for the red one at west county autoplaza. You will find a great group of helpful guys here. When we get together it's great.

Last edited:
Welcome! As a non-owner for the forseeable future, I am thrilled to have another NSX in town :D. It's been nothing but open arms from these guys. I can't wait for the next get together.

Congrats, hope you love your new toyz. I only live 5 min away from you. If you want to meet up sometime just let me know.

Tony

Welcome from me, as well. I have had a 2000 since it was a year old that I brought up from Miami. Prioir to that had a 1992. In driving NSX's for 10 years, I have never had a wreck. Yet over that time I wrecked 2 minivans- one spun out in the snow and one cut off by a semi. So, either I am very lucky or mile for mile, the NSX is actually a safer car for me to drive. I am in Kirkwood and driving a CL for the winter...but looking to get together with the first sign of spring. Need skins and an oil change and I will be ready to go. Look forward to meeting you then, Dan

Back