• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Were screwed... NSX in FNF4

I actually liked F&F and 2F2F and have them on DVD.

Similar to TucsaNSX...(photo courtesy of owners gallery)

7518Putt-Putt_Whitie_123_-_Web.jpg

Well i guess i picked the right color car to bring back from the brink (engine fire, all is well now)

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2305.jpg
    IMG_2305.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2318.jpg
    IMG_2318.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 76
I don't care what the FNF movie does or doesn't do for the NSX. I have mine and I'll continue to enjoy it.

I'm not sure if the movie will increase the value of the NSX. The veilside NSX was shortly featured in Tokyo Drift, and that did not drum up anything. The NSX is a great car, but the demographic that watches these movies probably can't afford the cost of all the after market parts they would dream of getting. I hear people cry about the cost of the superchargers for honda civics and I just laugh.

Tim Burton:eek:

The kids are going to freak when they see us after this movie comes out.

I have these recurent visions of Edward Scissor hands sawing away at the wheel of a lime green nsx drifting as bits of the mugan steering wheel fly out of the window.......discuss.......

Yea, I doubt this is a main character's car. There are so few around that banging up one of these would delay shooting for a week or two.

I don't know. I'm sure they didn't have too many extra Veilside RX-7s laying around in FF4, and that was the main vehicle in the movie.

yeah my friend sent me a thing audition to take my car to the screening. They we're lookintg for a group of NSX to act as the "rival gang" racer to race the star of the movie ans his crew.. i dont remember most of what my friend told me but i guess its about drug running again from oregon to cali...

It's not going to change the prices for the NSX.

RX7 and EVO8 was in FnF3, they didn't go up in price.
Eclipse, S2000, etc were in FnF2, they didn't go up in price.
240SXs that are popular from both movies didn't go up in price (not significantly)

The only 2 cars that went up in price was the Supra (by a good amount of $) and the AE86 Toyota Corolla/Trueno from Initial D (by a pretty large amount of $)

Probably because Vin did not drive them.

yeah my friend sent me a thing audition to take my car to the screening. They we're lookintg for a group of NSX to act as the "rival gang" racer to race the star of the movie ans his crew.. i dont remember most of what my friend told me but i guess its about drug running again from oregon to cali...

Yep, that is one of the plots in the movie. Don't know the nsx details but the drug running is a yes.

Hmmm. That's the plot? I think I may have seen this movie already.

At least it wasn't pimped out by some blind man with tourettes like it was in one of the other FnF movies.

acura.jpg

Trust me the car looks much worse in person. It's on display at Universal Studios, or at least it used to be.
I just went to Universal Studios Hollywood yesterday and it's still there under the "Famous Movie Cars" lot during the tram tour. I would hardly call that car famous or have it next to the Magnum Pi Ferrari, Back to the Future DeLorean, and the like.

It's just sitting there in the dirt collecting dust (literally, it looks like it hasn't been touched in months). I really wanted to hop off of the tram and scavenge some parts (like the motor) off of that abomination. Why does it have a 3-element (APR) wing? C'mon...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Some people on Prime need to get off their snobby old high horses... you too were probably a tasteless 18 year old at one time.. people mature, seriously... how many prime members today were pot smoking lazy hippies in the 70's and know own your own companies or hold a corporate position?

As far as NSX becoming rice is not possible, the cost of ownership whould force ricers to mature before affording it. I'm sure theres many ex-ricers that have matured and by now own 911's, NSX's, Ferrari's, even Lamborghini's, I know a few myself.

At least the burn-up custom 02 front bumper I have in my garage will now double in value too! It's gonna be famous.:smile: & my GT-7's might hold good resale value.

I agree 110% the NSX is no Ferrari and I would say 80% of the board members have NA1's which can be bought for $30k or less.....we all were young once and I am proud to say I was a ricer back then! If you guys want I can even post pics of the most riced out 91 eclipse back then...haha ~don't encourage me!

People buy the nsx because it's a special car, not because it's an exotic expensive car. Keep in mind how many kids drive around in 80k BMW, Audi, Lexus and any of them can buy an NSX but many chose not to for whatever reason.

NSXprime is a great place for everyone to socialize and talk about our main hobby - THE NSX so if younger kids want to join I welcome it.

We lack the numbers that say s2ki has so I'm all for more publicity....as for the movie, if it makes the NSX prices go up, I'm certainly not one to complain though I have no plans to sell mine :)

I enjoy the FnF movies since it's nothing more than entertainment which is what Hollywood is all about!

rick

Last edited:
Just got the word from Universal Studio the "out door" scene shoots are officially over. They are editing the movie right now. Some cars are asked to be held in their garage incase they need to do some additional footage (interior shots or green screen) if required.

Yes, my car is still in the movie and they didn't pay me squad for it.

BTW, you're not going to believe how many R34's and Supras they own. Amazing place. Like a junk yard for all JDM cars.

Last edited:
I.....we all were young once and I am proud to say I was a ricer back then!
rick

Dude, I'm 34 and I'm still a ricer in some ways. You should see the Greddy SP 1 exhaust on my GS-R; yup the big polished can you can see from a mile away (granted, I put it on there 10 yrs ago). When that exhaust goes bad, I'm getting another one just like it. :biggrin:

Back