• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is the difference between 2002,03,04,05

I know the following:
1. there was a 2005 silver with 10k miles sold by a dealer for 70k last week. Interestingly, the original owner had it for sale at 69k in march of this year, but didnt sell it. its almost like the nsxs have appreciated this year
2.A 2004 blk/blk sold 2 weeks ago in VA for 62 with 10k miles on it.
3.A 2004 with 18k miles silver on blk sold in Calif for 67k 2 months ago
4.A 2005 silver on blk sold for 65k with 3500 miles on it

the above low mileage ones at 70k or less seem to sell within about two weeks. The ones above 70 and with higher mileage(>25k)seem to sit on the for sales sites for a lot longer, so I'm not sure if they get what they ask for.

The yellow 2004 at Neillo was originally 69k and now it is 66k
There is a 2005 silver one at niello for 76k for about 3 weeks now with 3500 miles. It should be interesting to see when it gets sold, or if the price drops. the only downside to the car is it has had two owners in two years

Anyone know how much 2004/2005 NSXs are selling for these days? I see asking prices in the 70s, but I was wondering if they are actually garnering that much.

Do you think the prices will increase in the next 5 years?

LOL... I meant "investment" in the scope of cars. I didn't mean investment literally. I thought that was obvious. :smile:

Dave,

I agreed with you in the beginning... I believe a car can literally be a financial investment in 1 of 2 ways.

One way, there are hundreds of cars sold at auctions like Barrett-Jackson that are re-sold later for a lot more money. It actually happens quite often. But not really what we're talking about here.

The other way, among newer more traditional cars, one type of car can give you a better return on our investment than another. i.e. If a Corvette depreciates more than an NSX, then the NSX gives you a higher return. Example: after one year, an NSX gives you $0.80 back for your initial $1.00 investment... while the Corvette gives you back only $0.70. Hence, the NSX gives a better return. It may be less than the initial investment, but it is better.

Not all investments return greater than 1... Some people actually believe that the Stock market is an investment... :rolleyes: :biggrin:

We need to have a car, so we might as well invest in something that makes sense financially.

I know the following:
1. there was a 2005 silver with 10k miles sold by a dealer for 70k last week. Interestingly, the original owner had it for sale at 69k in march of this year, but didnt sell it. its almost like the nsxs have appreciated this year
2.A 2004 blk/blk sold 2 weeks ago in VA for 62 with 10k miles on it.
3.A 2004 with 18k miles silver on blk sold in Calif for 67k 2 months ago
4.A 2005 silver on blk sold for 65k with 3500 miles on it

the above low mileage ones at 70k or less seem to sell within about two weeks. The ones above 70 and with higher mileage(>25k)seem to sit on the for sales sites for a lot longer, so I'm not sure if they get what they ask for.

The yellow 2004 at Neillo was originally 69k and now it is 66k
There is a 2005 silver one at niello for 76k for about 3 weeks now with 3500 miles. It should be interesting to see when it gets sold, or if the price drops. the only downside to the car is it has had two owners in two years

#4 either had something wrong with it, ot it was an outright steal. I think any decent 05 would sell at 70K and above these days from what I have seen.

#4 either had something wrong with it, ot it was an outright steal. I think any decent 05 would sell at 70K and above these days from what I have seen.

In this case it was the color that brought the price down!!!!:eek:

I bought a pristine '04 blk/blk with 6,100 miles for $61,500. An anomily but I got it.

Tytus

Two owners in two years (three years really, since its almost '08) shouldn't be a major issue for that particular NSX at Niello. I didn't know the first owner, but he was a multiple NSX buyer at Niello and only put around 1500-1800 miles on the car when he had it. I do know the second owner and he put just about that many miles on it as well. I've seen that car in person; I've even driven it. In fact, I helped the 2nd owner detail it before the Laguna Seca ALMS. That silver/black at Niello is like it just came off the showroom floor, and it also has a clear bra on it, so no rock chips at all.

The asking price is high, but then again, Niello sells alot of NSX and they know what they are doing. I'm sure someone will get it for less than asking and they will get one of the cleanest 05 NSXs on the market today.

Perhaps you missed this part:
Let's see your logic here:

05 Silver 3,500 miles at $65,000.00
04 yellow ? miles at $66,000.00
Which car seems to sell for more $$$$, yellow or silver?
Please explain:biggrin:

...the 04 yellow hasnt sold ...yet

...the 04 yellow hasnt sold ...yet
OK, assume that the 04 yellow goes for the sum of $60,000.00, with how many miles on it (? we don't know), the logic still follows, doesn't it.
Yellow>silver.............everyday, everytime, everywhere:biggrin:

Dumber people buy yellow. That's my explanation as to why they pay more. :biggrin:

For 2004-2005:
3. The trunk has a remote release inside the trunk, in case someone gets locked inside

did no one else catch this?? has anyone tried?? if so why??? unless they were a dead body, and then why make the trunk messy, use a chevy or something??

and who besides a 10 year old can you fit in there????????

so we save weight by deleting a totally functional door lock but ADD more by throwing in a trunk release??????

engineers amaze me:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Last edited:

so we save weight by deleting a totally functional door lock but ADD more by throwing in a trunk release??????

engineers amaze me:confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

Perhaps state/federal regulations require a trunk release lever and the smart honda engineers decided to offset it by removing the door lock. :smile:

Dumber people buy yellow. That's my explanation as to why they pay more. :biggrin:
Alright Dave, now I'm seriously questioning if I'm going to tap your wisdom of audio/visual expertise because you're now displaying some serious grey matter deficiency, and your logic is flawed. If you pay more, and retain more value are you smarter than a "silver purchaser" or not, that is the question before you?:eek:

For 2004-2005:

1. The keyless entry is factory installed, and adds parking light flash and audible beep notification.

2. The CD Changer is also factory installed, and is the newer smaller Alpine chassis, and has mp3 capability

3. The trunk has a remote release inside the trunk, in case someone gets locked inside

4. Shift knob is changed

5. Color of the gauges is changed, and the background texture is different

6. Center Console color different

7. Japanese tool tray with more cutouts (but the tools are the same as before)

8. Passenger side power lock switch deleted.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

My 03 has blue gauges but "silver" surrounds vs. the matt black of 04, 05 - center console colour same 02 and up from what i've seen - I have the JDM tray - wondered what was missing plus the remote trunk release

Alright Dave, now I'm seriously questioning if I'm going to tap your wisdom of audio/visual expertise because you're now displaying some serious grey matter deficiency, and your logic is flawed. If you pay more, and retain more value are you smarter than a "silver purchaser" or not, that is the question before you?:eek:

Do you like LBBP? Because the enemy of my enemy is my friend and I want to know what to make of you first. :biggrin:

WTF????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yellow is the best colour - proof being that all the NSX articles after the 02+ yellow came out featured a yellow NSX - now if you're colorblind like Dave is all cars a grey - so he doesn't understand.

WTF????:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yellow is the best colour - proof being that all the NSX articles after the 02+ yellow came out featured a yellow NSX - now if you're colorblind like Dave is all cars a grey - so he doesn't understand.

I used to work at Tischer Acura.....remember ? I own a 2004 Rio Yellow NSX and the dealership owner purchased your car for his personal car before you bought it. The aforementioned facts prove that yellow is the superior color considering the dealership owner and the Service Manager avoided the other colors. A few Acura reps. told us that Spa and Rio Yellow NSXs came from the assembly line with more power than any other color. :tongue:

Last edited:
I used to work at Tischer Acura.....remember ? I own a 2004 Rio Yellow NSX and the dealership owner purchased your car for his personal car before you bought it. The aforementioned facts prove that yellow is the superior color considering the dealership owner and the Service Manager avoided the the other colors. A few Acura reps. told us that Spa and Rio Yellow NSXs came from the assembly line with more power than any other color. :tongue:

Hey!

great seeing you here! Long time no see - back from when I adopted my car!
I'm still loving it!

Stu

PS - everyone knows the yellow ones have more power and stay cleaner longer:wink:

PS - everyone knows the yellow ones have more power and stay cleaner longer:wink:[/QUOTE]

True That :biggrin:

I hope you yellow guys aren't going to take that! Sound to me like someone needs his knee caps "busted"! For a couple bucks I'll sell you Daves address and an untraceable crow bar:biggrin:

A month ago I bought an '04 Blk/Blk with 6,100 miles all stock for $61,500 from a dealer in virginia. The car is very clean. You could say I lucked out! Not my first color choice but I didn't have to fly or ship the car and that is all part of the $ equation. I love the car, the color, although a bitch to maintain but with the help of the sources on this forum is easier than other blk cars I had, is growing on me. I would prefer white, but oh so rare, or silver just didn't come into the cross hairs. I am satisfied and may keep her longer than my last ride of 14+ years. I might trade for the color I would want but not at the expense of quality of car. It would have to be as perfect as the one I got.

Tytus

Your car(before you bought it) was the one I was arranging for someone on prime to see when I was informed by the salesman 'someone drove up from NY and bought it'. ironically, I asked the dealer what you bought it for and he told me 65k. I think every dealer automatically tells everyone the car sells for list or 99% of list. Anyway, after being scooped numerous times waiting for someone to look at the cars. I bought one last week site unseen, but conditioned on inspection. I pick it up next week if all goes ok. It is Red, so if you ever want to trade your black/blk for red on blk(8k miles), contact me

A month ago I bought an '04 Blk/Blk with 6,100 miles all stock for $61,500 from a dealer in virginia. The car is very clean. You could say I lucked out! Not my first color choice but I didn't have to fly or ship the car and that is all part of the $ equation. I love the car, the color, although a bitch to maintain but with the help of the sources on this forum is easier than other blk cars I had, is growing on me. I would prefer white, but oh so rare, or silver just didn't come into the cross hairs. I am satisfied and may keep her longer than my last ride of 14+ years. I might trade for the color I would want but not at the expense of quality of car. It would have to be as perfect as the one I got.

Tytus

Your car(before you bought it) was the one I was arranging for someone on prime to see when I was informed by the salesman 'someone drove up from NY and bought it'. ironically, I asked the dealer what you bought it for and he told me 65k. I think every dealer automatically tells everyone the car sells for list or 99% of list. Anyway, after being scooped numerous times waiting for someone to look at the cars. I bought one last week site unseen, but conditioned on inspection. I pick it up next week if all goes ok. It is Red, so if you ever want to trade your black/blk for red on blk(8k miles), contact me

What year red? what color interior? sounds good u finally found a clean car with good mileage.. Good luck!

Back