• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is this part?

OK so here is the background on this part. A long while ago I had my car at a stereo shop for a lot of custom work. When I got the car back, there was carnage everywhere. I am not currently in a position to ask them what this is at this point, so I am trying to see if any of you can help my identify this component.

Here is my problem, recently I have had enough spare time to get my car back together and ready to start. But there lies the problem, the car doesn't start. I have fuel, but no spark. After checking around, I see I have no power to the igniter(by doing the test on page 23-91 of the service manual). I have checked and rechecked all connectors and am not sure why I have no power. At this point I am going down the line and trying to cancel out what it isn't. Right now the car is running the stock ECU and all stock sensors.

When I got the car back from the stereo shop, there was a little black box with connectors that look like an OEM piece, and not some aftermarket stereo or alarm component. I am wondering if it has something to do with my issue, or if it is OEM stereo related. If any of you recognize this piece or have any ideas about my problem, I'd appreciate the help. Here are a couple quick pics of the part that was found in the car.

Attachments

• P1070198 (Medium).JPG
    P1070198 (Medium).JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 53
  • P1070200 (Medium).JPG
    P1070200 (Medium).JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 102
It has a Honda part number on it. I agree with Daedalus. Probably the control unit for a car phone.

What's the part number on the unit?

I left the part at the shop today. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

But Kevin(Ktan) also said he thinks it's phone related.

In that case, I am still trying to track down why I have no power to the 8P connector that connects to the coils(from the igniter).

Back