• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What is this?

Got this popup twice just now when I surfed in to prime.

Screen+Shot+2014-06-05+at+5_22_48+PM+_2_.png

"Click Here" - yeah, right.

Ha ha, I was about to start a thread myself on this very thing. I saw a pop up with a camera lens animated as if it was taking a photo, followed by the letters NSA in red fading ominously away. The whole thing lasted less than 2 seconds. That was a rather unsettling way to log in to Prime! Not a big deal now that I know it was likely some advertising "tied in to" NSXPrime's ad revenue and not some malware that I need to worry about but geez, how ironic is it for a company to advertise about wanting to help solve someone's unease over things like NSA surveillance by making them feel pretty uneasy for a few minutes!

So you added it to NSXPrime? IMO it's a very poorly thought out campaign to ask people to click on something they weren't expecting to see. We get it drilled into our heads over and over that such behavior is risky online, who in their right mind would click on that without any foreknowledge?

Yes I opted in to having it displayed on the site. As you can see it was supported by many of the biggest Internet companies out there, but I'm sure there could have been improvements.

Back