• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

what is your daily driver

What is your daily driver, while your NSX is in the garage?

• Sports Car/ Exotic

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • Luxury Sedan/ coupe/ SUV

Votes: 83 42.3%
  • Truck or Pick up

Votes: 18 9.2%
  • Economy car/ compact car

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Motorcyle

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Until I get back to CA and get another NSX, this is it.
4511119507_7694821835_z.jpg

I was in your same boat. Sold the old 06 Prius (140k trouble-free miles) and just bought a 2010 Prius with 4k miles on it. Much improved chassis, handling, and the new 1.8 engine feels so much better. The GPS, Sat, and BlueTooth integration is suburb now. Was looking at the Golf TDI as well. Horror stories on the TDI forum, no leather seat option, skimpy options for the US market, and the 40-50 cent delta between diesel and regular just kills the fuel savings. I'm sticking with Japanese cars :D

My DD is an '05 Prius that has been totally set up with suspension, wheels, etc. Nice car that now has 168K trouble free miles. But the car pool access sticker program ends July 1st for hybrids. So I am going to sell my Prius and I am leaning towards the new Hyundai Sonata hybrid for my DD.

I have a 100 mile per day average commute. The Sonata is listed at 41 MPG so that seems to make sense to me. They run about $31K and come with the 10 year/100K bumper to bumper warranty. That typically costs about $2K to add to other cars.

I need a 4 door sedan and I just do not see any other reasonable option that meets my needs. The Hyundai seems to be the best bang for the buck at present. OH yeah, I will set the Sonata up with hopefully coil-over suspension and some nice sway bars and then upgrade the tire/wheels from 17" to at least 18".

Last edited:
At the moment my NSX is my daily driver. I only plan to do so in the summer months and since I only work about 4 miles from home I really don't feel like I'll be adding much mileage to the NSX. I need to buy a beater for the winter though planning on getting a Accord or Camry.

My DD is a 06 civic hybrid, with my 2weekly trips to out of state auctions it's just as practical as can be however I do strive for more power so looking to upgrade to a 08 accord coupe 5 speed this winter

Fun Cars:
1. 1991 NSX w/ Comptech SC
2. 2008 BMW 135i w/ Dinan Tune

DD Family Car:
1. 2005 LS430

2 Wheel Fun
1. Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive

Was wondering if you still had your NSX! :biggrin:

My DD right now is a '96 300 ZX 2+2, stocker out of TX with 72,000 miles. Was front-end customized by teen daughter, so needs:
front end (minor) collision repair (and would love to have entire car re-painted)
new one piece driveshaft to replace warped two-piece shaft

'08 Porsche Cayman about four times a week, then an '06 STI the other. Trying to keep the miles down on the Porsche as I have a long commute, but like driving it too much :)

pc3.jpg

my NSX is driven on weekends when I feel the itch. During the week and the part of the weekend that I don't drive the NSX I drive either my 2008 Nissan Titan or 2010 CBR 1000RR.

My dd went from my 07 kawi zx6r to a busted up 97 prelude to now a 2001 ford mustang that was bro's wife then they got an ISF so yea. The nsx was my dd for about 3 weeks but couldnt take it. All the trucks kicking rocks. As it stands from the few months ive had it i know i will do a full repaint with all the rocks that will hit it over time. Thats what mustang is for, its so dang high in front end its like a lifted truck haha.

Iphone posted message twice, please ignor this post.

Last edited:
Daily Driver: '06 RL

4807427496_17c2c5263b_b.jpg

4807427044_55199627d3_b.jpg

I just picked up a '06 RL at the auction the other day just like yours without the wheels. They are a very nice car.
I like them better then the new body style RL.

Last edited:
I just picked up a '06 RL at the auction the other day just like yours without the wheels. They are a very nice car.
I like them better then the new body style RL.

Agree!

As a mutiple Acura Legend (89LS, 94L, 94LS) owner over the years I was very unimpressed with the 1995-2004 versions of the RL. However when they came out with the newer smaller RL with SH-AWD I was intrigued.

I love my '06 and thanks to the SH-AWD it gets around the snowy/icy Michigan winters without breaking a sweat!

Now I'm eyeballing the TSX wagon as a replacement for my Infiniti...

Last edited:
didn't go through all of the archived responses, but notice that minivan is conspicuously missing. What about those who have kids?

Anyway...

2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid (hers)
2011 Ford Flex LTD AWD (me)....gotta haul those kids around in something

For fun the NSX. For utility....my truck.

Back