• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What suit do you wear?

I have always wanted an Armani suit. I wondered who here has one in their closet?

We know what watch you wear, but what about suits?

:)

I only wear suits when attending a funeral, or am getting married (some may argue they are mostly the same event :p )

I am curious as to what the appeal is to the Armani suit though, is it the fact of wearing Armani, or is it the build and feel of an Armani suit that has you interested?

Just curious.

JS

Jonathan said:
I am curious as to what the appeal is to the Armani suit though, is it the fact of wearing Armani, or is it the build and feel of an Armani suit that has you interested?
I have a few. I could care less what the label says on them. They do fit me very nice. Well made, nice material, etc. I very rarely wear a suit any longer, but when I have to I usually put on an Armani. I just happened to get a good deal on mine, which is why I bought them.

Jonathan said:
All of the above - I have a couple, although I rarely wear them any more. But Armani uses very nice light-weight cloth & cut is fitting & stylish. They are instantly recognizable for their quality even if the observer is not intimate with the specific designer.
Italian suits & sport coats generally use a particular fabric & style that is, for me, incomparable. I have a couple of sport coats from Valentino Uomo & Chiavari that look great with contrasting dress pants with collar/tie or equally appropriate for "dressed-up" casual wear with jeans & T-shirt. I prefer the versatility of the sport coats for this reason unless a particularly formal occasion where a suit is still recognized as making a particular statement.

I'm with Jonathan on this...I rarely wear a suit. The timing of this post is good since I was planning on getting another suit this weekend. Will check out Armani.

-awais

I work in the hospital, so usually nice clothes, include suits are a must. I don't want to spend too much, so I went with some Endrati's.

No birthday suit jokes please.... :rolleyes: :roll:

i got some great suits; not big brandnames, but i looked around enough and something that fitted like a glove.

My swim suit is by Nike ;) I usually get my suits from Mens Warehouse. They usually have good prices. Once i'm a full fledged practicing physician after medical school and residency ill look into the Armani's :)

My favorite store is Emporio-Armani, I bought a long coat($800) from there and its really stylish..looks like some'm neo would wear in the matrix..hehe. They sent me a letter saying there having a 40% off winter sale starting on Nov. 26th, don't know if its still going on. Also picked up a watch there. :)

Last edited:
I currently have an Armani and a Prada suit. The Armani is in my opinion better quality but the Prada is a lot more stylish... anyway they are overpriced stuff. I only need them for very important meetings with external companies... 99% I wear casual.

Between the casual clothes I have a lot of Emporio Armani (Armani's entry brand), there the quality/price is a lot better! :)

3 Boss suits and the one Armani. Boss being the best for value and quality. Armani for material and cut but 2.5x the Boss.

Here in Europe, Italy included, we have GA (Giorgio Armani) for the luxury brand, EA (Emporio Armani) for the casual. But it is quite possible that there are different sub brands for different markets.

I find this interesting! :D

I am 3/4 Swiss and 1/4 Italian and we discussed of twoof the main products of my two country of origin: watches and mode.

Now we will need to speak about: banks, chocoloade, cheese, wine, art & sportcars (no, we do not need this, we speak about art in the sportcars' world 90% of the time here :p).

Zuerst said:
Jones New York... Sufficient for a college student like me... :D
Jones New York suits are awesome suits. Perfectly fine for a working man like myself and that's what I wear. I had an Armani suit but I did not see its "superior quality and material" other people claim.
Steve

Sparco!

What are you guys thinking? None of the ones mentioned above are flame resistant, some of the Itallian jobs are down right flamable!

:D

Last edited:
Hi

I am not a suit guy. I use a suit for funurals and christmas parties and things like that. Not sure what the brand is, but nothing fancy pancy. But I like Armani.

During summer I use a suit from Dainese which is very comfortable.:D

I will stop hanging around the Off Topic "folder"..now you have me thinking I "need" a Tag Heuer and a Armani suite..arg :) what will it be next?

Regards

Eh eh martin :) !

An english work colleague of mine always brings me a copy of Evo Magazine and he when shows me the supercars he always says "you NEED this!"

How true... :D

PS: do you have email problem? I wrote you this afternoon but it bounced back! Did you get my SMS?

Jeans and a tee shirt for me. Sometimes maybe just sweat pants if I do not feel like dressing up.I do have a few suits but hardly ever wear them. I think the last time I was in a suit was my sisters wedding. Shoes are the biggest part of my clothing expenditures.
This company makes some very good durable clothing.

http://www.nixjeans.com/

LrdVader said:
If "shirts and ties" are what you call casual, I'd hate to see what you would have to wear to be considered formal. :)
Well, then I should clarify. My hospital people are in general quite casual. To look serious/formal on particular days, all you need is shirt and tie. Of course you need to wear something below too. :D I hardly see suits in my hospital even at the desk work/admin areas.
Steve

NetViper said:
I have always wanted an Armani suit. I wondered who here has one in their closet?
We know what watch you wear, but what about suits?
:)

If your looking for an excelent quality suit and could really care less about the designer Name on the suit I would recomend a professionally Tailored suit.

They will come to your home with books upon books of fabric, measure every possible dimension that they can. You give suggestions to the design or just take in a magazine and say "I want that" Wait a about 6+ weeks and you will have a suit made FOR you and original :)

As for the price it is typically determined by the material selected. I had a suit made for me about a year and a half ago and fits like a suit should (like your not wearing one). As for me I could wear a suit everyday

Suits and hospitals

After 3 years on my present job I decided to stop paying my dry cleaner's son medical school tuition and switch from suits to regular clothing. This was 8 years ago and I have yet to miss those days. Needless to say my cleaner's son no longer greets me but I did not like him anyway.:p As for wearing suits in hospitals???????????????????:confused: :confused: :confused: This must be one exeptional institution. I would love to get stick with lets say 100K medical bill and hand over a check to some teenager in an Armani suit. It would sure make me feel like I am being "fixed":eek: :eek: :eek:

Back