• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What to avoid when you are driving fast!

Has anyone seen this before? Looks like the person was driving a lilttle over the speed limit. I have two other pictures but they are too large to attach.

Attachments

• 02k.jpg
    02k.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 429
open the picture in microsoft image viewer and hit "Image" pulldown
then "resize"
Under "units" select pixels and reduce it till it gets to the max size this site allows.
I forget what that is right now... but it prompted you when you first tried to post it.

In addition there are aftermarket software programs that can further reduce it.

I use JPEG CRUNCHER and am very satisfied.

A free trial version is at zdnet.com and cnet.com.

it usually can reduce pics to 40% of their original size w/o noticeable distortions.

dawggpie said:
wtf? is that the whole car? How's that possible.
That's one heck of a sturdy tree if it is, but I doubt it though. Looks like the rear end got cut off and thrown against the tree.. Maybe the other two photos tell more of the story.

PHOEN$X said:
That's one heck of a sturdy tree if it is, but I doubt it though. Looks like the rear end got cut off and thrown against the tree.. Maybe the other two photos tell more of the story.

ya, think u're right, thought i saw a 3rd wheel on the bottom, but after looking again i only see 2.

and another...

that's a freaky-weird-amazing sequence of photos.
hope nobody was hurt (which would be a God given miracle!)

Attachments

• crash06k.jpg
    crash06k.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 344
>>That's one heck of a sturdy tree if it is, but I doubt it though.

Huh? If you think the tree is anything but sturdy think again - they are classified as non-moveable objects in accident studies.

Trees were removed from the sides of road racing circuits in the 60's because they killed so many drivers. Trees are not soft or moveable!

first time look and it doesn't seem real.

if it was its very sad..

ajnsx said:
defianately, poor tree. :(

:confused:
I hope you really didn't mean that comment.

And yes, that looks like a terrible accident. I've also lost someone who went head first into a tree. Very sad to see those pictures. :( :( :(

For the kind of force it would have taken to wrap and split that car, the tree would have been stripped, broken or uprooted. I have to think somebody "created" this. There is only one small area of missing bark. The tree is growing on the side of a hill which makes it even harder for it to stay put under that kind of force, plus I do not see any dirt/grass torn up. And then there is the rope/cable seen in one picture going from one part of the car to another, as if to hold it in place.JMHO,ICBW.

have a sense of humour 'foyoass, theres always gunna be someone, somewhere who had something bad befall them/ or someone they know.

Can you blame the tree for just being there or the speed at which someone was driving? A country road near my home town is littered with message's of condolence attached to tree's. I used to drive pass them everyday. Findings found the accidents have been attributed to speed, fatigue and alcohol (not necessarily all at once).

I've never seen a tree arrested for negligent growing ;)

I posted the pictures and I am not sure if it was created. The heading that it came with was 210+MPH. I posted them because I was not sure. The fact that you cannot see any skid marks in the grass makes me wonder. However I am not sure about the tree having to be knocked over.

Does anyone have a Masters in Physics in the forum?

I'm no science-major, but one thing doesn't add up about the tree.

The base of the tree is it's strongest point. (assuming it has sufficient roots in the ground)
If the car hit the tree higher up as it has here, shouldn't the impact be more likely to break/uproot the tree?

More fuel to the conspiracy theory... :p
(i think i see elvis in one of the pix too :rolleyes: )

Back