• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What to do when someone lists your car for sale on ebay?

Let's hope so... though i wonder how he got your car info? I mean, it is easy to get it from your link in prime.. that would mean he would ready prime... maybe he just did a search..

All I can say is EBAY does a CRAPPY job of helping people. They don'e even have a phone number for potential fraud..

NSXnBRLA said:
Not sure how that would help. No crime has really been committed until some fool sends him money
I was just discussing this with a friend of mine, who is an attorney. She said this most definately is a crime: Attempted fraud at a minimum, but most likely fraud, as he has gone far enough in the commission of the crime (by posting "his" car). She said you should definately contact the (local) authorities as ss_md mentioned.

What is up with all the NSX frauds lately?? We all better keep an eye out for eachother on ebay...

Brian2by2 said:
anything new?

oh and netviper, IM not PM :) (IM=instang message...via AOL or AOL Instant Messanger :))

Hehe.. sorry, I dont have AOL.. I use MSN.. and yes.. I will PM it to you :)

:mad: This kinda stuff just pisses me off, we had a guy on the Ferrari forum try to do a scam like this and boy did we bring the heat, KEEP ON THIS GUY!

I'm glad you guys are on top of this and I hope this fraud can be stopped. Please look at the topic I just posted a few days ago at here.

The perpetrator got the pictures, copy of my driver's license and title and VIN # from me and posted my car on eBay to fraud a victim out of $61K. The FBI needs to nab this guy quick before he knows that he has been fingered. I wish I saw this before the victim wired funds so I could have notified the proper authorities.

Last edited:
I think I would contact the guy that got screwed for $60k it could be the same person scaming again. Although I don't know if I would be posting it all over prime.

Man, this same old shit happen to me someone try to sell my Ducati motorcycle on Ebay and police came to my house asking all kind the question......anyway its a long story my local police took care of it and the scamer got 2 years jail time they say he scamed almost 200,000 Dollars from some fools I felt sorry for them.

Is the scammer on NSXPrime?

For what it's worth: I can say with a moderate-level of certainty that the scammer has not visited this thread on NSXPrime, yet.

I'm sure there are plenty of us that are in DC that have time for a friendly conversation with this guy, since he is going to be here all day :)

Is there anyway to track this guys paypal account back to the real person? As much as I hate PayPal, they do have an aggressive fraud division. Perhaps they can be of assistance.

Hijacking accounts

Question, when an Ebay account is hijacked, how is it hijacked? Is the whole account hijacked with the exact same ID name? For instance, in this case it is [email protected]. Does the hijacker forward this persons email to himself or does the hijacker actually modify the account with a new email address? According to the user ID, it hasn't been changed since June 2000 and the user ID is an email address too.

NSXBRLA, have your emails been going to [email protected] or are they forwarded elsewhere?

I'm curious because let's say the person hijacked the whole ID and redirected the email account, the MSN instant messenger could still possibly go to the rightful owner, right? We could add [email protected] to our friends list and the next time he logs on we could contact him.

Re: Hijacking accounts

There are articles out there that outline the various methods employed by scammers to defraud buyers. In this case, it would appear...

An individual associated with http://www.libertycoinservice.com created an ebay acount in 2000 and, until recently, used this account to sell legitimate goods (coins), acquiring a good feedback rating along the way.

Recently (say in the last week), a scammer somehow got a hold of the ebay password for this account (perhaps by hacking into his/her computer). With the ebay id and password, the scammer could log into ebay and change the account information. This would include changing the email address, ebay id, as well as password (so the original/legitimate accountholder is unable to log in).

So to answer, Ag NSX's question, [email protected] is the active email address the scammer is using. As Jason Weaver pointed out, the
changed-id.gif
icon indicates the ebay id has been changed in the last 30 days. So, no more than 30 days ago, this account (including its feedback history), was associated with a different id.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are plenty of us that are in DC that have time for a friendly conversation with this guy, since he is going to be here all day

Is there anyway to track this guys paypal account back to the real person? As much as I hate PayPal, they do have an aggressive fraud division. Perhaps they can be of assistance.

Why give it away I think someoene should contact the FBI and with the help of the NSX community catch this guy. Just blowing his cover does nothing other than allow him to move on to the next victim.

nsxxtreme said:
Why give it away I think someoene should contact the FBI and with the help of the NSX community catch this guy. Just blowing his cover does nothing other than allow him to move on to the next victim.

I agree. Whatever anyone does to help, just make sure it will help to catch and hopefully put this guy in jail. We all have been ripped off to various degrees in the past and I want people like this behind bars:mad:

whoa
serious stuff goin on
just by reading all this i'd like to personally meet this "andy" guy and kick his ass myself
damn low life person who probably cant even get a good job that's why he as to do all this
if someone really sent him money for this car.. i feel so sorry for them because they just got played for a fool

Has ebay been contacted or are you just trying to set him up because somebody is about to loose out on 5k if this isn't stopped now.

Guys, all this is well-intended but I can't help thinking that playing amateur detective is not conducive to catching this guy. I really think the best plan would have been to follow the FBI advice & just let the bidding process run its course & let them zero in from there.
Now with a bunch of people from this board e-mailing him & the very existance of this thread I would think this can only thwart the effort rather than help.
I hope I'm wrong but I think the best time to report on this story would be after he is caught or at least story has dead-ended, not in the middle of it all.

Last edited:
So to answer, Ag NSX's question, [email protected] is the active email address the scammer is using. As Jason Weaver pointed out, the icon indicates the ebay id has been changed in the last 30 days. So, no more than 30 days ago, this account (including its feedback history), was associated with a different id.

That's what I thought also, but when you check the User ID history, it doesn't show up as being changed. Usually when you change User ID's Ebay also tracks it. Can this also be part of covering up a hijacked ID?

Ag NSX said:
That's what I thought also, but when you check the User ID history, it doesn't show up as being changed. Usually when you change User ID's Ebay also tracks it. Can this also be part of covering up a hijacked ID?
Good point. To clarify: Ebay IDs can be in the form of an alpha-numeric "screen name" or in the form of an email address. Ebay will not reveal past IDs that are in the form of an email address.

Back