• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What type of suspension is the best for ride and handling...?

Science of Speed says they can still get the S units... maybe I need to confirm.

you can do the S susp on a budget by just buying the us zanardi springs and match them up with the generic koni yellow that everyone and their mother-in-law sells.Not a bad street/track combo and you get to feel like a real racer/engineer because you can adjust the rebound.

you can do the S susp on a budget by just buying the us zanardi springs and match them up with the generic koni yellow that everyone and their mother-in-law sells.Not a bad street/track combo and you get to feel like a real racer/engineer because you can adjust the rebound.

Excellent! That's about all I have time to deal with these days. Thanks!

Just ordered that combo. Thanks docjohn.

Just ordered that combo. Thanks docjohn.

report back how you like it.You will need to modify the koni adjustment tool to get at the rear shock screw because it is shrouded by the metal surround.Do a search on prime for how to do that.

subtle advices good for street usings...

report back how you like it.You will need to modify the koni adjustment tool to get at the rear shock screw because it is shrouded by the metal surround.Do a search on prime for how to do that.

Ordered the Dali tool, so if I actually receive it I should be good.

I had pretty stiff torsion bars and modified Bilsteins on my last 911 and it suited me fine, so I expect I'll be good here. I also don't want too much drop (Zanardis are 1/2"). I'll figure out what sways to use after I see how this feels.

Last edited:
For normal road using I would be use bilsteins on the stock spring to starting.

+1. That is my advice as well for a street only NSX. Powdercoat the springs metallic powder blue to match the Bils.

Hmmmm, now I'm thinking Zanardi springs (1/2" drop) and Bilsteins on the higher perch. ???

Or those Type S units currently in the classifieds.

Last edited:
Well id say for OEM feel as far as ride comfort is concerned, so far I have upgraded to billstien + Tanabe GF210 lowering springs. 25% stiffer than stock (apparently) and autox my car frequently. The ride quality is great. and I still do well for basically OEM suspension. Nice and comfy.

2e2e9ege.jpg

vetyjuru.jpg

Got it.. Looks superb

Nice! You're going to love them. You should PM Billy Johnson for a good initial damper setup. He did a lot of development work for KW.

Installed them.. But only the front as i did not have enough time for the rear. The ride is very soft.. Comfortable . My car now is really low.. Cant go thru speed bumps

That's about the same wheel gap if not a tiny bit more then my bilstein on low perch with stock springs. I have a WW lip kit and can clear speed bumps. Take them on a angle it helps.

I've been debating on going KW V3 but I like my ride height now other then maybe a 1/4 to 1/2" lower all the way around would be nice. At the same time then I have to worry more about ground clearance.

Last edited:
Back