• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What would have made the new NSX sell better?

Acura really should had gave it 650hp or even 700hp and it would had been quite different.

After riding in my business partner's 720S, nearly left speechless.

He took delivery of one of the launch edition at hefty premium as he doesn't care about cost. It is officially the new bench mark for other car makers to try can even come close. The rate of acceleration is absolutely ridiculous. They supply is too tight, even order now will take a year before delivery at best.

Last edited:
Acura really should had gave it 650hp or even 700hp and it would had been quite different.

After riding in my business partner's 720S, nearly left speechless.

He took delivery of one of the launch edition at hefty premium as he doesn't care about cost. It is officially the new bench mark for other car makers to try can even come close. The rate of acceleration is absolutely ridiculous. They supply is too tight, even order now will take a year before delivery at best.

I feel like 625 was probably doable with 550hp on the motor. Maybe they will upgrade in the future. Whatever it takes to get 0-60 in 2.9!

Of course even if they gave it 1000hp, fast Aussie would still say how much it sucks.;)

This stuff is all relative. Even though "more is always better," it is also true that the NSX is "enough" of all the fun elements of a supercar. And costs half of a 720S (if you could by a 720S, which you can't).....

The release of better cars in much higher price ranges does nothing to diminish the appeal of the NSX. Admittedly, the NSX wasn't appealing enough to enough buyers in the first place, which is the real problem.

yup...

p.s. i'm not personally judging or comparing based solely on power or performance, but rather fun and enjoyment.
We both took the NSX out tonight to have fun and drove it hard. We come to a conclusion, it was not a purchase mistake, still love it. Even compared to his 720S. Of course speed can not be compared, but still plenty fast and exciting enough. Just missing that scary element. At half the price it was really unfair to even compare speed to 720S on my part.

While at restaurant at Newport Beach, I went outside to grab something from my NSX. 4 guys walked by NSX and they said "McLaren (I was wearing McLaren polo), you car guy?" I said yes, we then started to chat. It turned out they are big car guys as well with 488GTB, Aventador, etc. I saw their driver dropped them off in Rolls Royce. Prior to running into them.

They handed me a Romeo Juliet cigar, so I smoked the cigar with them for 45 minutes and chat nothing but about cars. They were really impressed by how good it looks both inside and out.

Last edited:
I think he is saying they called the owner mclaren due to his attire.

I think he is saying they called the owner mclaren due to his attire.
Yes, it was to get my attention after I walked passed by. They were standing in front of my business partner's NSX. We parked quite far apart due to lack of parking space on Saturday night. Everyone were out having fun.

The NSX should be particularly bad in the second half of a 1/2 mile straight-line race since there is no benefit to AWD, little benefit from electrics and yet you still have the physics of accelerating all that weight.

Is 151 good? I seem to recall ctsc nsx only doing 134.

All I know is the vette completely stomped it. Even gave it a few car lengths. But who knows how many mods it had. The Mercedes got taken down by the nsx, so that is good. I was just merely sharing it because it looked new, not to make a statement that it is slow. :smile:

All I know is the vette completely stomped it. Even gave it a few car lengths. But who knows how many mods it had. The Mercedes got taken down by the nsx, so that is good. I was just merely sharing it because it looked new, not to make a statement that it is slow. :smile:

Didn't look too bad. It's was right with the Ferrari.

He seemed to like it, but not love it. Guess he likes to be scared.
I kind of agree with him though. I love having a raw machine. Tires squealing, white knuckles, heart racing, etc. I just didn't have that with the new car for some reason. But I do appreciate how comfortable and fast it is. I do think I will buy one later in life. But, I still love making noise for now.:biggrin:

For the record, I wanted to post this here because I do not want to seem ungrateful. But the new nsx exhaust mods I see lately I do not have a strong positive opinion on. I am saying this nicely. They all sound like my Chevy dura max diesel safari work van. I definitely can appreciate how Honda masked this treacherous sound even given the cost of hp numbers.
Sorry guys, It just sounds like a freight truck and I have said my opinion on gen 1 turbo cars too. This is why Mclaren has a dedicated sound engineer to tune exhausts for a living, they know turbos sound like ish... Especially when a v6 is powering it. I'm not sure if you all feel the same? But it is just my opinion on the matter and this is a discussion forum. Anyone else agree? Although, I have not driven the nsx with A.M. exhaust, but I think the engineers took great thought to give it a throaty non whistle sound at the cost of hp. I would definitely not modify the new car. I'd love it, or buy what my heart desires..02

For the record, I wanted to post this here because I do not want to seem ungrateful. But the new nsx exhaust mods I see lately I do not have a strong positive opinion on. I am saying this nicely. They all sound like my Chevy dura max diesel safari work van. I definitely can appreciate how Honda masked this treacherous sound even given the cost of hp numbers.
Sorry guys, It just sounds like a freight truck and I have said my opinion on gen 1 turbo cars too. This is why Mclaren has a dedicated sound engineer to tune exhausts for a living, they know turbos sound like ish... Especially when a v6 is powering it. I'm not sure if you all feel the same? But it is just my opinion on the matter and this is a discussion forum. Anyone else agree? Although, I have not driven the nsx with A.M. exhaust, but I think the engineers took great thought to give it a throaty non whistle sound at the cost of hp. I would definitely not modify the new car. I'd love it, or buy what my heart desires..02

I don't disagree. The sound of the NSX is lacking period.

are you referring to the 8 to 13 year old, three model old, 485 horsepower Ferrari? i sure hope the NSX is quicker... :wink:
Seems to me like the Ferrari in that video got a courtesy 3 car length head start. Videos like this are tough because so much of it can depend on the driver.

Back